Worth more, Ryan or revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by njjet, Aug 15, 2010.

?

Worth more revis or Ryan?

1. Revis

23 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Ryan

162 vote(s)
    87.6%
  1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If we had to pick between Rex Ryan, and Darrelle Revis? lol? Uhh Rex Ryan obviously.. This entire team did a 180 since Mangini left, and I like that...alot.

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Rex and it's not even close. Revis had a dominant year in 2008 as well yet our pass defense as a whole was brutal that year. It's amazing what Rex did with this defense in one season.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thanks now I have to worry if the OP can turn into a snake.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Very interesting, now would Ryan be the lungs or the oxygen. It is so tough to tell when you are drunk.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Um...five?

6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

for me the answer is simple, the system is greater than the player in this case. Rex Taylored the Defense to the personel he had in 2009 just as he had with the other teams before he joined the Jets. In 2010 He'll taylor the defense to match the personel, granted with Revis his job is easier, but lets face it with Revis in 2008 we had the leagues 4th worst pass defense. With the system in 2009 we were I believe #1.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Rex all the fucking way

8. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I think Rex is perfect for the Jets and their sports market. He is more savvy than he lets on... yet somehow it's in a transparent way. Revis is a stud at his position... OK, the best actually. But to DEMAND to get the the biggest contract for a DB in the NFL is so anti-team that I think less of him now as a pro and even more so as a Jet.

Traveling to the new stadium from Indy for the Packers game. Go, Jets!

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think Rex can make other DBs look just as good as Revis, but Revis won't make his DC (or his HC for that matter) as good as Rex can make his DBs look good.

Seriously, fuck Revis. He can make 160m Korean Won for all I care. I'd pick Rex over Revis any day of the week - and twice on Sundays.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment for you.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Do me a favor grab a quarter and call someone that gives a fuck.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Apparently 15 Miami Dolphin fans read this thread

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Ryan by a landslide

14. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I hear ya, bro, as you have made a point I hadn't thought about. How would have Revis's season turned out without Rex monster as coach and benefitting from his experience running a great D w/ the Ravens?! In '09, he nearly doubled his passes defensed from '07 and '08. Kyle Wilson is the future of our DBs. I'm just pissed Revis quit on the Jets. That's what a hold-out is: a selfish quitter.

15. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I like beer

16. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

I had to go back a little to find a thread talking about Rex Ryan's abilities as a coach.

I am starting to wonder if Rex really is a good coach. I will explain before everyone jumps on me.

Last year the Jets were one game away from the super bowl with a Rookie QB. We all know Sanchez's numbers were not impressive.
    When your one game away from the SB does this not tell you that you had a SB team in place? The only thing that needed to be worked on was Sanchez's numbers. The difference in a SB could have been changing maybe 7 of those Interceptions into TD's.

With such a good team already in place why in the world did this team go through so many roster changes in the offseason??
    Rex should have focused on keeping the team he had together and working on Sanchez to maker him a better QB his second year.

While everyone is saying we are going all the way, or we will beat this team or that team do they not realize we know nothing about the current team. It is not the same team from last year. Half the starting roster is different. The chemistry will be different.
    This is not the same team period and no one can say what this team can do because they have not played a real game yet.

At the present Rex has done more talking and recruiting then coaching. The Jets were so close to the SB team. Now we do not know where we stand.

But to be honest that is not a coach to me. A coach makes his pliayers better. Not try to get other players to do his job for him.

This team is real close to being the joke of the NFL come the end of the season if they do not deliver the SB. At the present this team has gone through too many changes and no matter what anyone says the presason did give us a glimps and it was not good.
    I will put my money more on the fact Rex will be laughed out of town at the end of the season the a SB.

Also all this SB talk has made the Jets a target to every other NFL team. There is a reason it is not easy to repeat a SB in the NFL. The winning team has a target on their back the next season. Rex created this target without the SB. Every team is gunning for the Jets. They will play harder because everyone wants to Shut Rex's mouth. This also leads to the possibility of injuries. No matter how you look at it Rex has made the Jets one (if not the most) disliked team in the NFL. For that reason other teams will play harder.

#56 GeorgeBaha, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Rex Ryan and Dennis Thurman made Revis who is he today.

18. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

This is beyond ridiculous. Every team wants to win every game. What's important is how Rex is viewed by his players. All the rest is BS. What's important is how he can motivate his players to give their best every week. His ability to motivate his players is the key to a winning season.

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Maybe there should be a thread that asks is Ryan more important than Mangold and Sanchez? How about Harris and Scott? maybe Brick, Mangold Harris and Greene? Maybe there is a way to make a VBookie bet on it.

How about Westoff vs. Schotty and Pettine? Oh, the possibilities are just mouth wateringly scrumptious. I think we should start a whole bunch of threads like this one.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

they helped sure, but they as coaches can't make a player reach their full potential, otherwise Cro and Wilson would be the 2nd and 3rd best corners in the league behind revis. Having those two around so that Wilson and Cro can develop will be key in our long term superbowl hopes