Chemistry - Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Leadership - Offense

Right now, we have really lost a big portion of our team chemistry on the offensive side of the ball, as leaders T-Rich, Alan, Jones, and Leon have all left the team, and those were probably our biggest 4 leaders on the offensive side of the ball.

Who's going to rally up this team? Who's going to light a fire under their asses? Who's going to keep them calm and on their tempo?

Sanchez? Still a tad immature, and is only in his 2nd year. Not ready to put a team on his back yet.

Cotchery? I love him, but he's always been a soft spoken Jet.

Holmes? Although he's stepped into that role, Santonio has been arrested in 4 different states, and is suspended for our 1st 4 games.

D'Brick's a mute, and Mangold hasn't ceased it yet.

This might be our biggest flaw right now... it's honestly starting to become a concern.

Richardson's intangibles were priceless to this roster. That alone should've got him a roster spot.

Obviously this is all Tanny, as he's trying to build the best team ON PAPER, while keeping the costs low.

Guess what, games aren't played on paper.

Hopefully, a guy like Mangold, or Holmes step up, or even Mark taking over as our unquestionable leader.

This is going to be something that we're going to have to find out quickly.

#1 Pride, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well as I stated in the T-rich thread. The staff must have felt Conner is ready to start, it's next to impossible to be a team leader from the bench. Time to face it boys, Sanchez has to step up and be the team leader now.

When LT is in the game, he will lead, Woody and Moore are leaders. We have guys who can lead, but took a backseat with guys like TJ and T-rich and Faneca there. Now is the time for our young guys to grow up and lead the way into the season and prove they are the guys we want to be.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

sanchez, cotchery, mangold, moore, woody, tomlinson, ummmm idk somebody will step the fuck up.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

He hasn't stopped what?

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Unfortunately, the Jets only have 53 roster spots. Sometimes hard decisions have to be made. This is Mark Sanchez's team, and it's time for him to be the leader.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Sanchez is only in his second year. Not many QB's can handle that. I don't think he's ready.

Like I stated earlier, Cotchery has always been soft spoken.

Mangold has the chance to step up, but I don't know if he wants to.

Haven't heard much of Woody/Moore stepping in as leaders.

LT has had a few chemistry issues, and this is only his 1st year as a Jet. Also, he's pretty soft-spoken.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

When was Leon ever a leader?

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Mangold will become a leader on this team much like Mawae.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Let's not pretend like General Patton was let go.

This team will operate fine.

I know we all will miss TRich, but let's not shit the bed.

10. Pride

Pride New Member

He was our captain of ST's in Mangini's last year.

11. 624

624 Banned

T-Rich wasn't on the field enough to be a true leader, and when did we ever hear of Leon being a good leader?

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'd be happy if I didn't hear the word "leader" anymore. This isn't the Boy Scouts. We need players who play well. If they do that, then they ARE leaders. When we enter a leadership contest, call me. I'm putting the word "leader" in the same boat with the gay term "Mevi$"

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Seriously. People watch one episode of Hard Knocks and all of the sudden they think that they know more about the team's makeup than the coaching staff.

As I said in the Richardson thread, if the loss of the backup fullback is enough to derail the Jets season, then they were never good enough to win it all anyway.

14. Pride

Pride New Member

No, we've been losing leaders all off-season, but T-Rich has been the latest one.

I'm sorry, but you need a leader on offense, and I'm not going to trust Sanchez as that guy. You can see in games, that when he throws a pic, it sticks in his head.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

teams lose veteran leaders all the time. The teams that don't miss a beat have the young guys step up. Right now is the time for us to discover if we have that kind of young core capable of stepping up and leading.

16. Pride

Pride New Member

But this is the wrong time to try that out. This is probably our most important season since '98, and since than, only God knows.

17. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Chemistry and Leadership aren't really the same thing.

We cut TJ to get LT.. both are hard-nosed, soft-spoken leaders so I don't see an issue here. Faneca was a great mentor but I don't think he was every a fiery, outspoken leader, and neither was Leon.

Richardson - I can understand some bewilderment here. Unless they gave him a heads up before they spent the last few weeks talking him up, it is a little weird canning him like this.

On the other hand, we still have Mangold, who's a leader, Cotch is a leader by example and Sanchez is still green but he seems to be really taking charge of the offense. We also have vets like Moore and Woody, and Coles will probably be back week 2. I think we'll be ok.

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

Whoa! What a void! We'll never fill that one.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sanchez knows how to bounce back.

Have you not watched his last 6 outings.

20. Pride

Pride New Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Jones lead our huddles, and was our unquestionable leader.