Ranking the new HC's in 2005

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Jun 8, 2006.

1. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Actually Jauron as HC of the Bears won an NFC Central division title with a 13-3 record. Bears fell apart on offense losing their QB Jim Miller the next season to a rotater cuff injury.

In the 13-3 season he had the Bears rated first overall in defense (Jauron's specialty).

In 2005 the Patriots the offense was ranked 7th overall and led the Patriots to a division title. Mangini led the Patriot defense to a 26th ranked defense. It was the Patriot offense that gave the team a respectable AFC East title, no thanks to Mangini's defensive 'genius'.

So yes, Jauron is a far better coach than Mangini.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Mangini shouldn't be at the top. He's been a coordinator for one year and was quoted by Patriot players as being a bad one. He has no football background and the best he can give us is "I played in High School."

The guy was a towel boy for Belicheck up until this year when Beliecheck had to take his job away and do it himself.

Not that he's going to be a bad coach, but he has no credibility at all.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The Chiefs are the Jets part deux for Herm. Ageing players he'll run into the ground, up and coming players who will leave because they get no PT. He'll always be 1-2 injuries away from a losing season.

4. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

How can you rate a coach who has yet to coach?

5. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Where is the love? I mean no Mangini hasnt had any experience to prove that he is better than 9th, but McCarthy ahead of him-thats gotta be a joke and if we were going by experience Art Shell would not be last

6. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

You mean the Chiefs are more talented than the Jets? Talk about going out on a limb

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the truth, we have always had bullhorn antagonists on this board, and the usernames change like the seasons. Now we are losing a lot of antagonism due to the giant question marks at HC and GM, so who is left to antagonize but the fans of the old regime? I've done a search on rajensen088 and found posts on other boards with him cheerleading on Herm's side as far back as 2002, and getting owned every minute of it but putting up a valiant effort.

He is a Herman Edwards fan. But there will always be someone to play his part (the part of the antagonist, not of the Herm Edwards fan), or this board would be somewhat less interesting.

8. Green Lantern 80

With the likes of the Colts, Bengals, Steelers, and Patriots in the picture, I don't see the aging Chiefs coming up big this year. Don't be surprised if Chief fans start seeing Herm buying Geritol to add to the mandatory team diet. Might throw in some fiber too for the bull he'll feed the media when he FAILS big time to be a winning program.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

How many games has Mangini played as a Head Coach so far?

:rolleyes:

10. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

It's cause our team is expected to be bad while there's good. It's all just BS.

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

From the article:

Edwards is a defensive coach who should put his stamp on a unit that still needs significant improvement to contend in the AFC West. But the offense doesn?t even have to be as good in order to make a Super Bowl run. Edwards? problem is the AFC West, where Denver and San Diego live.

Please...please...PLEASE.

Someone please explain to me where Herm Edwards is a defensive coach. Where is the genius behind the mask.

Herm Edwards came to the Jets and tried to bring in a cover 2, Tampa Bay style of defense.

Who does Herm bring in to run this "no plays over 40 yards...ok?" defense...Teddy Cotrell...not to be confused with Kim Cotrell...although the Jets were on their back even more than her.

After a couple years of that nonsense...Herm decides that hes not a cover 2 kind of guy anymore...so he brings in an aggressive style of defense with Donnie Henderson.

Please...Herm has no idea what kind of coach he is. None.

As far as not responding to this troll...its the offseason..nothing wrong with running over squirrels in the winter..when they should be in a tree.

#31 jaywayne12, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2005
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They've lost their offensive mastermind in Saunders too. They'll struggle, don't worry. They have no one on the line at all outside of Allen. And Johnson is really their only good linebacker.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

By the way, you actually don't even know what that article is actually ranking. It's ranking the projected performance (2006 season) of the new coaches based upon their personnel. Good job with your flimsy arguments, Bob. You just supported Herm for bailing to a team with a prettier roster.

#33 abyzmul, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  14. dreamwalker

dreamwalker New Member

I am a dolphins fan and if the dolphins were in need of a coach my unbiased "want" list would be

1. Mangini- cant deny the pedigree and from the way he has acted since he got to the jets- he is cut from the same mold- maybe not this year- but the following, the jets scare me more than they ever did with Herm "In way of the jets winning a championship"

2. Gary Kubiak
    3. Art Shell- he does have a winning record
    4. Scott Linehan- yet he still might turn out to be a one-sided coach
    5.Sean Payton- maybe if all the above were already were signed to contracts

I don't believe Dick Jauron, Childress or Herm edwards need to be anywhere near a best hire list- all for verying reasons. Juron has a losing record and Childress has said some real assanine things, I dont even think he knows all the rules of football.

15. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

You posted and responded!!! I think I need to go outside and make sure the world is still here

16. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

This ranking is based on how the teams will do next year and not how the coaches will do in the long haul. Nice try mister negative.

17. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

9. Eric Mangini, Jets: Mangini and the young Jets’ staff and administration appear to have a bright future. But without a proven, healthy quarterback, the future doesn’t look to be now.

Mangini would like to evolve to a 3-4 defense, and the offense eventually has to quit relying on Curtis Martin to bail it out. With a schedule that starts out at Tennessee, New England, at Buffalo, Indianapolis, at Jacksonville, Miami, it will be difficult for Mangini to come out of the box fast.

Seems to me like the article is a believer as far as mangini being the long term solution. Herm Edwards is more than likely on his second and last chance. I don't believe anyone would have the confidence in him to be able to handle a rebuilding effort. If he screws up the Chiefs over the course of the next 2-3 years i predict he will be in the booth doing color commentary for the rest of his career.

18. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Herm will probably get the Chiefs to 9-7 again. They're a year older, but it's not like Vermeil was a taskmaster either. And it's not like the offense is complex. Hand the ball off to LJ a lot. That team is built for Herm. It's too bad for him that by next year it'll completely fall apart, if not by midseason, but he might have a good start atleast. Well, maybe not, but atleast he can go 4-0 in November maybe, since he thinks that's the only month you need to win games for some reason.

19. MyFavoriteMartian28

Herm is going into a situation in which his predecessor retired... leaving him a very talented team capable of winning now. The other new coaches inherited re-building projects... doesn't take much brain power to figure out who is mostly to succeed.

20. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Hmmm ok. Juaron coached In Chicago from 99' to 03' and posted records of: 6-10, 5-11, 13-3 << his only winning season,4-12, and 7-9. Rather than falling apart they had 1 magical season among many shitty ones. He is the last guy I want coaching my team. Not to mention we don't need a Woody and a Dick in this organization.