The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drz23

drz23 New Member

false, the raiders would have and I'm sure some team would

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

This Dan Graziano AOL dude is a fucking moron. He asked me today if Revis was from Pittsburgh. He has absolutely no clue as to what is going on. He wasnt even aware of who John Geiger is, or anything about Darrelle Revis.

I think it's a miracle if Revis is on the field week 1. I dont see it happening.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm slowly coming to that conclusion too. Deals are usually done at the last minute anyway. I'm hoping he's signed a couple of days before the 13th.

4. 624

624 Banned

Rex announced that the starters would not play at all in the last game, if Revis was signed do you think he'd play a little?

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

6. For you to call me an idiot with the garbage you have spewed is laughable.

It's millionaire labor and billionaire ownership fighting over the huge pot of gold. Sorry, but you have to be an absolute fucking moron if you think this is ANYTHING like other management/labor struggles.

Then again, you have proven yourself to be a fucking moron with your posts. And for the record, you started the name-calling, idiot.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you were right they would have paid Aso that. You're not and they won't. In fact the smart money says they won't even pick up his option year.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Raiders are retarded and even they wouldn't sign a long term deal like that. The level of cluelessness in this thread has hit an unbearable new height.

9. aburre

aburre Member

Me and my mother lived off less than 20,000, so what's the problem?

10. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

reading this thread lately has given me some sort of bacterial infection in addition to possibly AIDS

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

RRRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeVVVVVVVVVVVVVViiiiiiiiiiiiiiiSSSSSSSssssssss

12. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I'm sure your trailer was very nice, but Revis wants to have things like cable television, high-speed internet access, and running water.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i dunno if you can afford a trailer for 20k a year.. especially with two people.

14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

The way people are arguing this is just starting to sound way too simplistic to me. Everyone keeps throwing out this $12m vs. $16m thing but there has to be more to it than that. Is there any chance that Revis and co. might be willing to accept something less than the $16m a year figure if the amount of guaranteed money was upped by the Jets?

If it was as simple as $12m vs. $16m and the Jets are just not willing to go that high, then where is the leeway to come to some kind of compromise? If that were the case then why wouldn't they just start looking to deal him and try to get as much value out of him as possible? Does anyone know what the discrepancy might be between what the Jets are willing to guarantee and what Revis and co. want guaranteed?

If it's just a matter of Revis wanting $16m a year period then I have to feel that he's being unreasonable and it's hard to feel any sympathy for his side of the argument. If, on the other hand, the Jets are offering him $12m a year with only a small chunk guaranteed, then I could see where Revis might be in the right to not want to accept the deal. If something were to happen to him then he might really lose out in that situation.

I'm not taking Revis' side on this, I just think that all the hate might be a bit premature seeing as how nobody really knows the exact numbers that are being negotiated at this point (as far as guaranteed money, bonuses, etc.) That said, the longer this goes on the harder it is to continue giving Revis the benefit of the doubt, especially after seeing the way Mangold's situation played out. People were holding him up as probably the best center in the league after last season but he seems to have handled things in a much more professional manner.

Maybe I'm just trying to hold out hope because I was torn between buying a Revis jersey or a Mangold jersey last season and I went with Revis...damn. :smile:

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I have not read any of that yet. I am just surprised you want to argue about the matter.

You stated there were no such cornerbacks in NFL history that met a particular requirement. I then noted that there were at least four. You've decided I'm off my rocker. I had thought you simply overlooked those players.

Later tonight I will actually read the above post from you and respond accordingly.

16. Well, it depends. If Revis is holding onto the notion of being the highest paid CB in the league, then his side has no flexibility at all, and won't move an inch to meet the Jets.

A lot depends on how locked in on that notion Camp Revis is.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I've said all along that Revis will be starting opposite Antonio Cromartie on opening day. For the first time ever, my confidence is actually starting to waver. It's he's not with the team by September 6th (one full week before opening night and one full week from tommorow night), I will officially be panicking.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm sure ur a troll but if u and ur mom lived on 20k/yr, I'm very sorry about ur bad luck.

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The issue is always going to be how much money is 100% guaranteed. Due to the reallocation rules the only way for any money to be 100% guaranteed to Revis this off season is by giving him a large signing bonus.

Any other money after this year can only be guaranteed for skill or injury. My guess is as that at this point the Jets and Revis agents are on the same page numbers wise but Revis wants the Jets to open the vault today and the Jets don't want to open the vault until they know the 2011 season will take place. I read somewhere that his agents even asked the Jets to put the money into escrow for a year but that Jets wouldn't do that.

Any thoughts?

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm sure ur a troll but if u and ur mom lived on 20k/yr, I'm very sorry about ur bad luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.