Ladanian is Ladone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Jun 20, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

ESPN analysts still don't get it, are we really that surprised that some fans here don't?

2. jh0720

jh0720 New Member

ehhh LT is def not that dude

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

More effective would be to cut him self numerous times with a razor and bathe in Magic Johnson's blood, much more effective than drinking blood.

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I haven't watched THAT much of the Jets in preseason but I will say that LT does show a little bit of burst on a few of his runs/receptions that I didn't particularly notice last year.

5. SexyRexy

SexyRexy New Member

I keep going back and forth on LT. A bounceback is possible, but im not counting on it. Obviously we need something on passing downs hopefully he could do that. To be honest I'd still rather have Leon and TJ back.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If this is done, I'm happy to take it. :smile:

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Heh - I knew this thread would get bumped after his 43 yd rush.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's looked quick and agile thus far in the preseason. He also isn't shying away from contact... very encouraging performance(s) to this point. He is a good check-down back as well.

Hopefully this is the case all season long. Would love to rub it in some of my Charger buddies' shitty little faces!!

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

10. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Once again Mr. Hubbush makes himself look like he knows nothing about football. Do these guys ever have any real football fans look at these articles before they are posted??

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I wasn't too sure about this signing either way. It had some upside, it could fail, but based off what I've seen so far he looks like he's still got something left and more importantly a chip on his shoulder. Motivation. I like that.

I think he got fucked in SD and I'd love to see him perform just because. I'd be rooting for him on any team really except NE, Miami, Buffalo, etc. I'd really like to see him win a championship as a big fuck you to Norv.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes. They only post them if they get an angry reaction like you just made.

13. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

lol. this thread is a pure example of why we need a constant bunker. i've been nothing but impressed with LT so far, but im basing my opinions mainly on hard knocks.

not to mention that 43 yard rush...

14. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

TGG needs a live stream from camp next year with 3 cams for offense, defense, and ST

15. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Today LT is the only spark this non-existent offense has had!

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

one good thing about LT's lack of production and rushing attempts over the last 2 seasons is he has to be 'kinda fresh' for a running back.

17. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Yeah he did kind of take 2 years off for a "paid vacation", didn't he? At least as far as stats are concerned. He's a beast, he's still got some mileage in him. I'm glad to see him on our championship roster.

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Good-game-for-Tomlinson.html
    Good game for Tomlinson

New York Jets veteran running back LaDainian Tomlinson is making a convincing argument that he still has some football left in him.
    He rushed for 86 yards on 11 carries, including a 43-yard run, in a loss to the Washington Redskins.
    "I think we all need to knock off rust to start off the season," Tomlinson said. "When you haven't played tackle football in five, six months, you have to get used to getting tackled again. You've got to get used to kind of the rhythm of the game, all that stuff.. And the way you do that is preseason."

Through two preseason games, Tomlinson, 31, rushed for 129 yards on 22 carries and caught four passes for 25 yards.
    Written off by the San Diego Chargers, Tomlinson looks like he'll be a contributor with the Jets.
    "Shoot, it's unbelievable," fullback Tony Richardson said. "I've seen him make some cuts. He's in midseason form."

19. drz23

drz23 New Member

I'll be honest I hated the signing in the beginning. I was looking forward to Green and Leon doing work this year. Lets be real the last few years LT has not looked good. LT looks reenergized though, and i expect him to be a decent third down back. Not as good as leon was for the last few years but good.

People forget that Leon was our most explosive player. I know its off topic but i just like to wonder what he could have done with a full year behind their line and no TJ.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

People forget Leon was a change of pace back, not a feature back. Leon was never going to carry the ball 240+ times. He'd be 3rd behind LT and Greene on the depth chart.

LT wasn't being used correctly in SD, so his production slipped.