The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm surprised they haven't interviewed Coles yet to get his take on how different the old regime was from the new one.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He was probably thinking it was a trick question. "You have 2 yard sticks and a 1 foot ruler, how many feet do you have?"

Yards are yards

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Dude, they flat out asked him how many feet in a yard, and he said 12? It's killin me to find out who that was.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That was my favorite part--"I'm not losing this fucking game!" That's a real coach, preseason or not, I love it.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I think Woody has been great for the Jets.

WITH THAT SAID, for a very very very homely billionaire, this guy does crave the spotlight. The drive he had behind the Manhattan Stadium...when Rex was talking to him about the crap he was getting for all the swearing him telling Rex NO NO NO....Be yourself...good stuff! in the last episode.

Woody loves the media. I believe he is loving Hard Knocks more than any player or coach. He is eating this up...which is shocking from where he came from in his early years as Jet owner.

Sad part is that he thinks he is very good at it..love the guy....but its not his strength. I wish I had his problems.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Wasn't Woody also on the treadmill alongside Rex?

7. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

don't we all, hey he's been much better than Hess in my book.

8. Phyr

Phyr Member

Someone needs to make a gif of jenkins driving the golf cart from ep 2.

9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

^^^^

Totally getting off subject, I would have completely forgot about Clay Henry from Subway if it wasn't for your sig.

Thanks infesting my brain with Henry, Clay Henry, the fire man and Jared-fan from Subway.

[​IMG]

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Did Woody Johnson's cluelessness while talking to Westoff sicken anyone else? Could it have been any more obvious that he's just an old nerdy whte guy with his dad's money and no athletic (specifically football) talent or experience? I mean, you'd think after a certain amount of time a guy would learn a thing or two about the game if he gave a shit about it. Westoff was explaining things to him, listenign to Woody's senseless replies, then re-explaining his explanation so Woody understood it. I am sure in his head he was thinking "what the fuck am I talking to this guy for? Well he's my boss, I guess I have to."

Hey Woody, Pettine and I decided we're going to use a 3-4 defense a lot more this year.

...oh yeah, well uh what's...uh...what's that going to do for us Rex? Is...is that good?

11. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Haha yea that was hysterical. He's way more involved with the team then I had imagined tho

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

As long as he isn't interefering with decisions I don't mind him taking an interest, as little as he may know. He does own the team, better than being an absentee owner who doesn't spend money or care if they win.

13. ........

........ Trolls

No. These guys frequently have no clue what they're really talking about. Case in point, I had an NHL owner ask me about a potential trade even though I had no affiliation with the team whatsoever. Just happened to be at the team CEO's house and he knew I was a knowledgeable fan.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? He hires smart football people to run the team, he writes and collects the checks.

15. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

regarding this:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POo61pOGAJo[/YOUTUBE]

i read somewhere he was a video analyst. don't really know if its true or not.. just one of the few comments i've read regarding it.

hilarious nonetheless.

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Shit man... image YOU are Woody. You own an NFL team. How freakin cool would that be? Would you be on the field, talking to your coaches, asking questions, but not interfering? I sure as shit would be. Sure, he was born with the silver spoon in his mouth, but he has also taken that money he inherited and built an entirely new business outside of J&J that made him rich enough to buy a team.

Unlike most people, I respect Woody, despite the whole PSL shit, which is awful. He brought his real estate management background into building a stadium, while not understanding what it meant to his hard core Jets fans, the working man. As long as he doesn't black out any games, I can live with that.

I believe he actually does try to do the right thing. He does fuck things up at times. He's better than Hess was. Hess was a distant owner. Woody clearly gives a shit. He wants to win. He loves being an owner. He has his favored players. He has locked up Ryan and Tanny, D'Brick and Mangold. We could do much worse.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Woody should read TGG. He'd know about his team in no time. :grin:

18. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Football is a business, and a big one at that. The product on the field is only a small part of it. Marketing, finance, sales, etc. are all things that I'm sure he can speak to much better. So he's not an expert in the use of various players on special teams. Do you think Cisco's CEO knows all about the parts that go into a router they make? It's normal for CEOs to not know everything about their business.

19. mgiven

mgiven New Member

I don't know if woody is "involved" in the hands on sense as much as he is visible and curious. Remember a big goal is to sell PSLs and getting the team on HBO and having a visible "celebrity" (however nerdy) owner all helps create buzz.

20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Did anyone else notice when the players were coming off the field, woody grabs vernon and was like, "hey! you played well tonight" he said it like someone told him to say it. Meanwhile, Vernon looks at him like "this motherfucker doesnt even know I robbed his ass of millions of dollars."