Jets not worried about awful offense versus Carolina Panthers -- Cimini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Thankfully it is only preseason and it does not count no big deal at this time. Besides even in the regular season you are going to have your "who can kick the field goals" games as long as the Jets 3-0 it is still a win.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

In Drew Brees second Preseason game last season he went 5/10 for 36 yards.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see the game. Can someone please explain how the hell Nacho managed 5 completions for 12 yards? I don't think I've ever seen such a stat line.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Ther's really nothing to worry about, they were awful but do we expect the OL to look as bad as they did? do we expect Green to look as bad as he did? Sanchez will still have bad games now and then but he was terrible BUT didn't turn it over(although he came close but you can say that about every QB every game).

5. RF917

RF917 New Member

Its obvious there are some concerns. The fact that the team apparently is not concerned in the least seems concerning enough to me.

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

On the one hand, I understand the "it's only preseason" banter to a limited extent. The Colts typically lose more or all of their preseason games. On the other hand, they also typically don't play their starters for more than a series.

I just don't get the utter lack of concern. Yes it's preseason, and in preseason we're supposed to be evaluating (and correcting) (and by "we" I clearly mean the team, not the fans) problems with the team. And if anyone truly believes that the play of our second year QB (Brees was not a second year QB last year) and our newly revamped offensive line wasn't concerning, I'm just not understanding. Unless you honestly believe the first team offense in the huddle was saying "hey, it's preseason so I'm really not trying to play," then those guys went out there giving their best, or as close to 100% as possible (I mean, does it seem like Rex demands any less simply because it's a preseason game), and there were problems.

I don't know. Any given Sunday, I get that, but I just didn't watch those first quarter drives and feel good about where the team is.

Rant over.

7. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

The 2008 Lions went undefeated in the preseason and looked pretty strong.... They went 0-16 in the regular season. Preseason means shit.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sack, - 8
    Sack, -7
    Comp. -1

9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

12 yards is an ugly stat any way you look at it, but the pre-season is also the pre-season. This team's gone 4-0 before and it ALWAYS seems to result in a shitty season.

10. neg_serye

neg_serye New Member

I'm not a jets fan or anything, but it seems like the pre season has changed, especially this year. I would like to see how teams that played well this pre season fares during the regular season. One thing we saw this pre season that we are not use to seeing are, starters player the first half of the first game of the pre season, they usually just play one series or a couple of series. It seems like all the teams played their starters the fool half for the first two games or close to it. Also, you will notice that they're dialing up the blitz in the pre season a lot more than normal it seems.

11. neg_serye

neg_serye New Member

This really has no relevance to this thread, but who is that on your avatar?:beer: