NFL Sunday Ticket Over the Internet (No DTV Required)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by mezzavo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

DTV loses their monopoly in 2014 for Sunday Ticket. Every other cable company, satellite company and even FIOS will probably pick it up then. That should bring the price way down with some competition. I know Cablevision wanted Sunday Ticket before they took on the NFL network but now that they have bought another small cable company that already has NFL it may finally come sooner than later.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Can you guys not get the NFL Gamepass or Teampass online packages from nfl.com? That's the equivalent that we have available to us.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I bet they try like hell to renew that contract.

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

What a rip off, I'll stick with using a free VPN and paying for jets only games at NFL.com Game Pass

5. Don

I don't think it's in the NFL's best interest to keep it with just one tiny satellite provider. They will probably make much more money if everybody has it.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

wrong! it's in their interest to award exclusivity to the highest bidder.

especially if some of the bidders refuse to carry nfl network, to save a whopping 25 cents per month. what does time warner charge- at least $49/month for a package loaded with free stuff, stuff they own, stuff they get paid to carry, and stuff they only carry after they lost a ton of customers to dish network and direct tv. i was on their programming board when they came to rochester. cheapest bastards around when it came to offering channels. i have direct tv, and before that a 10' satellite dish. the only reason you get any kind of decent package from cable is due to competition from the satellites. the new fios service can only help even more. too bad fios is in buffalo and syracuse, but not here.

7. danaaprildarren

No man, it is "restricted area" in the states to get the gamepass video. That sucks too since I am stationed in Alaska right now and pretty far away from the "states".

8. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

This is great news for me. I'm moving to a different state in like a week and won't have cable for a while. I'll have to get this. Awesome news.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. If you go out to watch the game you won't hear shit and you'll blow all your money on drinks and food.

I talked to somebody from DirecTV the other day and I even said I really only watch tv when NFL is on and it's all I'm interested in and he didn't even tell me about this. Why? IDK fuckin retard...

Jet fans from New York don't understand the difficulties of being a fan out of state and how desperate some of us are to watch out Gang Green.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

My company here in Canada expressly states that we are not to allert customers of alot of things. Something like this is a huge savings for alot of people, so they aren't going to activly promote it.

11. Stracks

Stracks New Member

How soon after a game ends can you watch it on NFL Game Rewind? It is $39.99 or $14.99/month.

12. Don

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion they won't keep it so whatever. DirectTV has 17 million subscribers and maybe 5% of them actually have Sunday Ticket. That number has fallen by as much as 35%. If it comes down to the highest bidder it won't be them anyway but it will still benefit the NFL for everybody to have it. They get the same no matter what. They don't care what the provider charges.

#52 Don, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  13. ........

........ Trolls

The number is up closer to 15%, but you're absolutely right. DirecTV is going out with guns blazing trying to rack up subscribers and justify the $1 billion they've spent to retain Sunday Ticket exclusivity. I just don't see it lasting in DirecTV's hands, but I've also guessed that before and been proven wrong.

14. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I live out of state (and was even out of the country during the playoffs last year) and haven't missed a game in 2 years because of all the free streams that are out there. If I had the extra money lying around I would probably buy this to eliminate the pressure of having to find a stream every Sunday morning. However, being a poor college student, there are other options out there to watch games online than paying an absurd amount of money for this.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

17 weeks X $20= $340

So you will be saving $10 this season to watch NFL action at various bars. :up:

16. kleckotheman

kleckotheman Member

Here's a tough one for you guys. I am a Jets fanatic who just moved out of the country for his job. I live in Singapore now. I am trying deperately to figure out the best way to watch the Jets games this season.

If you aren't aware Singapore is an extremely modern city (for Asia certainly) and high speed wifi and wireless TV etc. all are available. Problem for me is how to get the games.

Slingbox? I can set up a line at my mom's house in NY.
    DTV on line? What about ESPN games? Like opening nite? I don't believe those are shown on DTV.
    NFL.com? Do they offer all Jets games even ESPN, NFL Network games?

Any insights or opinions are welcome guys. Trying to sort out before Opening Day.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

See if nfl gameday is available from nfl.com in your area. Should be.

18. kleckotheman

kleckotheman Member

Thanks! Will do.

Anybody have any history using a Slingbox? I have friends who tell me to do that because it gives me the entire NY soprts landscape.

And btw I despise Direct TV. We just had to pay a $320 cancellation fee because we moved. They wouldn't give us a pass even though we had no choice. And I've been a subcscriber (with Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, multiple HD devices) for 6 years since we moved from NY to LA.

They are the worst. I'd love to see any other cable/satellite network take a piece of the NFL games. It is the only reason a whole host of out of towners ever sign up.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's a really good idea. If I can figure out how to do that I should for sure do it. Thanks :)

20. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Kleckotheman:

I am assuming your internet connection is fine in Singapore...

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/registerform

Got NFL.com at the above link and sign up for GamePass for $280.
    I am overseas as well and have all 17 weeks of games + the preseason.
    If you just want to follow the Jets, it is $200 for year.
    I watched the Jets-Panthers game last night with no difficulty.
    The better your internet connection, the better the quality.
    I was watching at 800kps which actually looks better on my tv than local cable.