Cowboys LB Brooking Rips Ryan and Jets!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GA Jets, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No I don't, the problem is you make excuses for Manning.

The man led an 80 yd drive int he final mins only to watch his supposed great D blow it against a mediocre offense.

Cincy's D faced Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and co. That's just a little different than eli manning, Plaxico Burress and co., wouldn't you agree?

Regardless of all that the point of the Capers-Lebeau comparison was that his D's reached and won SBs. Yes they blew that game against quite possibly the best QB-WR duo in the history of the game but they got there which is something Capers D's have never done.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Brady only put up 14 points. The defense only gave up 17. That loss is on Brady and the Offense considering they averaged well over 30 ppg. Eli and the Giants offense were also very good at scoring late in the game. If the Pats offense scored more than 14 points then they would have won considering the Pats defense held the Giants offense down all game long.

The other game you've blamed the Pats D was in SB XXXVI when they only gave up 17 against the high flying Rams.

My point is very simple: You change your position to suit your argument.

And yes, you have one set of Rules for Brady and a different one for everyone else.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So does the NFL...:rofl2:

4. nyjunc

Brady and his O did only put up 14 pts, they didn't have a great game but w/ the game on the line in the closing minutes he led his team on an 80 yd drive to give them a 4 pt lead.

Eli and the Giants were as good coming back in games as Montana and the Niners?

The NE D had 82 yards to give in 2 1/2 mins and they couldn't keep the "high powered" Eli Manning led Giants out of the EZ.

The problem is Brady left too much time, in past SBs he had the chance to come back after the D choked but this time the D didn't leave him enough time.

The pats D played great against SL for 3 qtrs but it's a fact that they blew that game and gave up 14 pts late only to be rescued by Brady.

I didn't change anything, you are comparing apples and oranges. Not every late TD allowed is the same situation and this clearly wasn't the same situation as SB XLII but you are reaching to try to prove me wrong which isn't working.

It's hysterical saying I have one set of rules for Brady and another for everyone else when you are the king of excuses for guys like favre, Manning, Young, etc... I'm actually very consistent w/ my arguments. I want a QB that plays his best in the biggest moments.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Holy shit, the Manning vs. Brady debate creeps into a Keith Brooking thread.

LOL>

6. nyjunc

I'll get blamed just like I was about Chad being brought up in the Gm thread even though I didn't bring up either guy. I like Murrell but he tries so hard to gte one over on me all the time that he tends to reach w/ his arguments and now this one is spiraling out of control and off topic.

7. Murrell2878

That's my point. You blame the defense entirely here. You are saying the Pats defense blew the game (which is hilarious considering they only gave up 17 points to one of the great offenses of All - Time) late but then turn it around and say that the Bengals held SF to only 20 points despite blowing the game late. This isn't a different situation, you are just playing each side of the argument. I am not trying to get one over on you, I am pointing out the hypocricy of your arguments and why "people can't debate with you". It's kind of hard to debate with you when you are constantly changing your points of argument.

In my opinion LeBeau was a great Asst. coach. I think that there wasn't anything he could do to stop SF in SB XXIII with Montana to Rice / Craig and Taylor.

I also think the Pats defense played one of the great defensive games in SB history holding down the Rams offense only to 17 points in SB XXXVI. I think the Rams screwed themselves by playing too cocky as well. The defense for the Pats scored one TD and set up another. The Pats don't win that game without the performance from the defense. This is something you ignore.

I also believe the Giants defense had one of the great SB defensive performances of all - time in SB XLII. I also believe the Pats did the same thing as the Rams did in 2001 by playing very arrogant (going for it on 4th and 13 when they should have kicked a FG or throwing three bombs with :34 seconds left trailing by 3 with 2 timeouts) etc. But the Pats defense did do their part by shutting down the Giants all game long.

8. nyjunc

So the D gives up a 14 pt lead in the 4th qtr(something that I believe had never been done in a SB prior to that game) and they don't get blamed for it? That rams O was great but they weren't a great playoff O. They only scored 23 in their SB win 2 years earlier and in the '99 and '01 conf title games and SBs they only averaged 21 PPG while in the '99 reg season they averaged 33 and in '01 they averaged 31.

The Pats D did blow the game against the Giants, they were handed a 4 pt lead very late in the game and they allowed a mediocre offense to march down the field for the GW TD.

The Giants D did play great but that O was not humming in postseason. teams decided to takea way Moss and allow Welker to try and beat them rather than get beat by the big play of Moss. Randy was held to 7 recs for 94 yds in 3 playoff comes COMBINED and NE only averaged 26 PPG in the AFC playoffs where they averaged 37 PPG in the reg season.

The pats D did a good job against a mediocre O for 57+ mins but w/ the game on the line they did what they so often did and that was choke. The difference this time was Brady didn't have time to rescue them like in '01 & '03.

9. Murrell2878

The Patriots aren't in that game without the defense. They held the Rams offense down all game AND set up points off of turnovers. They are the reason the Pats were able to win that game.

The Pats defense held the Giants "medicore" offense to less points than any of the three other teams the Giants played in the playoffs.

The Patriots offense was exposed in the Eagles game and weren't the same after that game. But that doesn't take away from what the Giants defense were able to do in SB XLII (expanded on what the Eagles exposed but were able to do it with their front four instead of needing to blitz). The Pats offense were clicking just fine against the Jaguars defense in the playoffs. They were out-played by the Chargers defense and the Giants defense more than they "weren't clicking". Yeah, teams took away Moss, but Brady should have found other targets to go to. It wasn't until late in the SB when he started dumping the ball off to Welker and throwing short passes to Moss that he was able to get the ball moving and score the go ahead TD.

But this is going way off topic now.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So what else did Brooking say?

11. nyjunc

Of course not, the D played great for 3 qtrs but on the other side they don't win the game if the O doesn't put together one of the greatest drives in NFL history. if that game gets to OT and SL wins the toss that game is over. SL had NE on their heels that 4th qtr and if not for that great drive SL probably wins that game.

They scored 24, 21 and 20 in regulation in the NFC playoffs playing against much worse teams. That's not much of a difference from 17.

If the Pats O was exposed in the Eagle game how come they scored 31 that game, 27 at Baltimore, 34 vs. Pitt and 38 vs. the Giants? In postseason they were different as Brady got hurt but he doesn't use the excuses like peyton Manning does and he didn't throw his OL under the bus like peyton has even though his OL was dominated by the Giants.

12. Murrell2878

Great drive is a bit exaggerated. Good think Redmond and Vinateri did most of the leg work to make that drive happen.

17 is less than 24, 21 and 20 right?

vs. Phi - AJ Feely threw 3 INTs that set up scores
    vs. Bal - Brady completed less than 50% of his passes
    vs. Pit - NE has owned the Steelers defense
    vs. NYG - the Giants didn't get the pressure on Brady as they would in the SB or what other teams had done in the last few weeks.

13. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

that pre game pump up by brookin was the GAYEST shit ive ever heard.....just f*cking mindless stupid shit that would get me excited to move my bowels

14. nyjunc

One of the greatest drives in SB history. A 1st year starting QB backed up inside their 20 w/ NO timeouts and 1:20 to play. He calmly leads them down the field for the SB winning FG.

Nothing but excuses, in every game TOs set up scores.

who cares about his comp %?

NE w/ Brady has owned just about every defense.

15. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

Jets fan from Atlanta here.... Brookings has been a whiney bitch ever since the Falcons sent him packing. Like school in the summertime, no class.

#95 basketballjones72, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Probably nothing worthwhile...its always funny when a player on a team from another fucking conference has shit to say about us. Especially a team we're not playing this year (except maybe in February but at that point that's a totally different scenario).

17. Murrell2878

He calmly dumped the ball of to JR Redmond who made the plays while Adam Vinateri calmly kicked a 48 yard FG to win the game.

You asked how the Pats scored 38 against the Eagles and I explained it to you.

Who cares about his completion %? He was clearly not himself that game missing on over half of his pass attempts.

Another exaggeration. Outside of 2007 (and maybe 2004) the Patriots have never been an offensive juggernaut. However, since 2001 they've always had one of the top defenses (5 times top 5 defense since 2001).

18. nyjunc

If it was so easy to do how come Peyton hasn't been able to do it?

Who cares how they scored, they did it. TOs are a part of every game.

Who cares about comp %?

whenever Brady and the O have needed to score in bog spots they have more often than not. It's not some fantasy great O like Indy and peyton, they have always found ways to win w/ Brady making plays when it matters.

They have always had top regular season Ds that choke come postseason. isn't it funny that in playoff games Brady's "Great" D's have allowed more points in regulation than the "terrible" Colts D's?

19. Murrell2878

If it wasn't for the defense Brady wouldn't have even been in that game. He led them to zero TD scoring drives when the D didn't get him the ball in scoring range. And on this drive it was dump passes to Redmond and a LONG FG try that Vinateri made. Brady was mediocre at best during this game.

If you think completing less than 50% of his passes when all during the season he was completing around 70% is "playing at the same level" then i don't know what to tell you.

The Colts defense gave up and average of more points per game in Manning's career during the postseason than the Pats defense have given up during Brady's.

20. nyjunc

What is your point? if no for the defense Peyton wouldn't have his lone SB. Sometimes you need 30+ to win and other times you don't. The game was close, they played conservatively w/ a 1st year QB and when it was winning time they put the game in his hands and he delivered.

He led one of the greatest drives in the history of the game, he may not have deserved the MVP award but at least he did something great in that game unlike Peyton who stole the SB XLI MVP award.

Players have bad games, it happens. He still led themn to the game winning score in the final mins and the next week his comp % was 70. He isn't a QB that is all about #s, he's about winning.

No they haven't, we don't count points Manning has allowed w/ his INTs for TDs.

ACTUAL points allowed in regulation in postseason:

Indy 1999-2009: 345, 19.2 PPG
    NE 2001-2009: 341, 18.9 PPG

We take away a KR vs. KC 2003, safety at NE 2003, INT return vs. NE 2006, KR SB 2006, INT for TD in SB 2009

I am talking about the actual points allowed by the Ds in regulation.

#100 nyjunc, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010