*** New Members Please Read/Introduce Yourself ***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 12, 2010.

1. move the chains

move the chains New Member

thanks fozzi. i dont watch college ball and have a hard enough time keeping up on the jets with a wife and 2 kids but i plan on reading a lot more than posting and will definitely keep an eye on the forum members you mentioned. cheers!

2. G00MBA

G00MBA New Member

I was born in Brooklyn, grew up on Long Island, but I have lived on the west coast for the past 15 years. When I lived in NY, my favorite teams were the Jets, the Islanders and the Yankees, but these days I'm a fan of every NY team, with the Jets still being my favorite. It's funny how when you live in NY you hate the Mets if you're a Yankees fan, You hate the Giants when you're a Jets fan, etc., and vice versa, but in a neutral environment everything changes. I guess I've come to realize that I just love NY and anything and everything that takes me there.

Getting back to Jets business, I'm pissed that Klecko still isn't in the HOF, and I'm pissed that 24 isn't being Revis-onable. Sure he deserves more money, yeah, he needs to cover his ass over the long term, but there is a LOT of middle ground where he can pitch his tent. How can you not deem his intentions as selfish and Jetless? I lost a lot of respect for him.

Nonetheless, I think they'll make a great run this year, and I'll be with 'em all the way wherever they may land. Go Jets!

#102 G00MBA, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Welcome!!!

I grew up on Long Island after College moved to Columbus, Ohio. I'm a Jets, Mets & Ranger's Fan.

I still hate the Yankeees and Giants.

4. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Hello

Hey guys,

Long time Jets fan and lurker of these forums. Never bothered to post in the past since all that would've accomplished was to echo the same-ole-jets/Beningo-esque/negative posts.

Rex changed things.

I feel good about the upcoming season. Not great (e.g. Revis) but not terrible either. I have faith in Rex figuring things out on D, and the O looked pretty good during the playoffs and even better on Monday. We're a few weeks into training camp and I don't have the typical "Oh Lord What Can Possibly Go Wrong This Season" feeling. Strange.

Strange enough for me to consider de-lurking.

In any case, I've been a fan since '85, when my first exposure to the Jets was them scoring like 60 points on the Bucs. I (then kid) assumed the Jets were the greatest team in the league. I was wrong, and have witnessed a lot of terrible things (fake spike, Kotite, Denver, Herm and his friggin field goals, Kotite) over the years, but my fandom never waivered. I guess its hard to shake those feelings/likes/dislikes formed in childhood.

Which is great because 20-something years later I think I finally see the light, I think the payoff is coming soon! We're a playoff team, we're a legitimate threat, we're feared, we're the fuckin' JETS!

:jets:

5. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Hi everybody.

I'm a relatively new Jets fan as I just moved to NYC about 5 years ago. Grew up in Indiana with the Colts, but left before the Manning and the time when people started to care. Still I casual Colts fan but I prefer the Jets as New York feels more like my home now. I'm really impressed with Sanchez as a leader, and as an Ohio State grad, it takes a lot for me to admit that about a USC guy. (Case in point: Carson Palmer is a douchebag). I also really like Rex Ryan and the enthusiasm he brings to the team.

Had a great time last season and I'm looking forward to a successful 2010-2011.

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

That's alright. Having Mangold and Holmes on the team should ease the pain of rooting for a USC guy...

Although Gladys comes to mind and the rage starts to build again...(Gladys = V.aG.ina Gholston for the newbies...

7. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

Hey guys, I'm a 49er fan, don't hate. I live in Iowa, but I'm a fan of all Cali teams, Niners, USC, Dodgers, Lakers (I assure you I'm not a band wagon fan). I hate the Patriots if that counts for anything.

I've been liking the Jets for the last 3 years because I love great defense. And now you've drafted Shonn Greene, and Mark Sanchez, so that just made me like them more. I'm not new to message boards at all, but I run out of things to do on the internet at times, so I decided to join another forum. And here I am now.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

good shit, how do u think the niners are gonna do this year?

9. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

I expect to make the playoffs, win the division. I don't see how the Cards would could win, I mean, they have a shot, but losing Warner, Rolle, Dansby and Boldin will hurt so much. 4 guys on Mike and Mike in the morning picked them to go 10-6 or better... One of the Mikes picked 12-4, that is just ridiculous. Hopefully we can be a sleeper in the playoffs this year much like Jets of last year.

10. G00MBA

G00MBA New Member

Thanks '85'. I forgot what it was like to hate the Giants. I'm curious to know who you were rooting for in superbowl XLII - the Jets most despised conference rival the Patriots or the Jets most despised hometown rival the Giants? I was at a superbowl party that day wearing a Giants "Conference Champions" cap...I was the only person who truly believed the Giants would win that game out of a group of 30 people. Needless to say, I made bank that day. I love NY, and I love to rub NY in peoples faces...even if I have to turn my cheek once in awhile.

11. Evilla83

Evilla83 Banned

BIg Jets fan from Southern Cali...heading out to NY to see JETS V. Vikings for my dad's birthday, he's a big vikes fan...boo...
    love the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Ever been to the "Field of Dreams" or have you seen "The Music Man?"

13. bdsarine

bdsarine New Member

Big Jets fan from Huntington Station, LI. Now living in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl but coming up for the Jets/ Dolphins game in December. Gonna be a great season.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Welcome....and...goodbye.

15. OnRevisIsland

OnRevisIsland New Member

Transplant in Chicago. My Dad grew up in New York, and has been a Jets fan as long as he can remember.

It's tough living with the Bears fans... but the good news is I will get the see the boys play at Soldier Field this year!

I'll have my Braylon beard and Revis jersey on.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Just make sure to put your ll lines through the "S" in Revis.

17. JetsAllOverYoFace

JetsAllOverYoFace New Member

I just got tix for that game yesterday. Sisters bf is from Minny and hes a vikes fan, ugh. Normally I would tell him to go fuck himself but its his bday that day.

18. JetsAllOverYoFace

JetsAllOverYoFace New Member

Sup guys, im from Long Island, been a jet fan since i could talk. I go to a game at least once a year. Drove the 10+ hours to get to the jets-bengals playoff game last year. Prob one of the greatest weekends of my life.

<---------- At the game

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Was you first word Jets or TOON?

If not then I win.

20. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Goddamn the Jets seem to have gained an influx of new fans from outside of New York/New Jersey since they've been doing well. Let's see if they stick around.