Gholston is a load now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Aug 2, 2010.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Wait til the episode before we say anything. It could have been taken out of context in the preview.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Gholston can beat up on Wayne Hunter all he wants. Until he shows in a live game situation that his feet don't turn to cement the moment someone puts a juke on him he's next to useless. His guaranteed money is the only reason the Jets are still putting up with him. We all hope he turns it around but at this point Gholston's running on fumes.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm all but certain it was taken out of context, and that was my first thought when I saw it. However, nothing to that effect should even come out of his mouth at this point. He shouldn't be saying anything beyond "I know this is my last shot and I have to make the most of it."

4. JayJayWorrall

JayJayWorrall New Member

I hope Gholston turns it round. He was a beast in College....but then i guess many other players were too. Look at JaMarcus Russell lol

5. LeonNYJ

I hope Gholston sacks Eli

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Oh I hope so. I so desperately hope so.

7. SanchezisGod

SanchezisGod Banned

I agree, such a beast!

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Maybe ND, but I am pretty old school when it comes to this stuff. I root for the guys on my team as long as they are giving 100%. Misdrafted, yes. But he has not been as terrible as some people like to complain about. His rookie yr was a disaster, but last season he improved and got to play more in his natural position. Sometimes it takes guys a yr or two to develop into good players. We'll see. But I've always defended him b/c he was a Jet and seemed like a good guy and I'm rooting for Vernon to do well at DE.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree that he played out of position, but I question his desire. Not that he doesn't want to do well, but I just wonder if he has the desire to play in the NFL. College is one thing, you're getting a free ride in a university and you're beating up on smaller, slower players; its just a game. After that, however, the sport becomes a livelihood and requires you give it everything.

My last hope is that Gholston is able to find his fire. This guys been kicked in the nuts enough times by his team mates and the media, once he does something right, his confidence will have to increase. I mean the guy can't do any worse...anyway I'm looking more at Gholston's confidence in playing the DE position as a driving factor for his success (I hope).

10. KyleJo

KyleJo Banned

I agree,I'll believe his progress when I see it.

11. bdsarine

bdsarine New Member

Gholston just never looked like a football player to me. He seems to lack football instincts and just used his physical ability to dominate in college. You can't just rely on physical ability alone in the NFL. Hope Vernon proves me wrong though.

12. newhistory

newhistory Banned

bout time gholston!!

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

peace brother elijiah

14. LeonNYJ

haha, would it have been that hard for him to think for about 10 seconds to write something somewhat meaningful about Gholston?

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Do we have anymore updates on Gholston? Man, I can't wait for the first preseason game.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Um Def Nugent. Thanks Hermy.

Funny how its "support Gholston" times here on the board. I can recall last season when it was "The Ghost" and "Gladys" and V.aG.ina.

Here's hoping he helps out the D this year otherwise - 21mil off the books!

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I didn't mind the Nuge pick as much at the time just because I was still hurting from the Brien fiasco. I figured "Eh, we at least have a kicker for the next 15 years." In hindsight it was definitely a terrible pick.

18. Revis24

Revis24 New Member

Sounds very positive! Can't wait to see him in the Preseason game...

19. retiredrookie

retiredrookie New Member

Gholston is on his last legs.... I'd be shocked if he does something. We heard a ton of positive last year in camp as well. Let's see come game time. At OSU he disappeared frequently and he seems to have that same issue here.

20. tormike

tormike New Member

i hope that the Jets just cut him and put everyone out of their misery. We need to move on.