The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Could Adam Schefter possibly look more like a smarmy douche in his Twitter picture?

:rofl: This cracked me up also, and I'm relieved that it didn't make LT sulk and head for the exercise bike.

2. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

When LT was telling Sanchez how Harris broke coverage.

Sanchez was like "That's pretty smart, you must have played in a few games before".

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Wow there is a ton of people singing up right now it seems.

Do you think Hard Knocks brought in some new "fans"?

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

There are a ton of people getting banned cause they are trying to build up thier post count. They are going to be booted as fast as they come in...

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You think a stint on alCrotraz was tough. Wait until you experience Revis Kyland.

6. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I can't believe that he wouldn't even allow cameras in the meeting or even let them film him walking into to the diner for the meeting. At least when the Chiefs were doing there deal with Larry Johnson they showed him and talked him when he didn't report to camp. You would think Revis's agent would want some camera time. :jets:

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

^ Yeah Im sure the mods will have to weed out the non-believer infidels

but honestly I'd say its a combination between last years run, the off-season acquisitions, its all caused this media fire storm plus Hard Knocks now.. its just the cherry on top

theres one thing thats for sure, no other NFL team has "swagger" like we do thats evident

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I know everyone on this message board has a deep passion for football and the Jets.

But Rex & Co. brought a whole new level of passion. It's funny because if I can feel it as a fan, you know the players can feel to a larger degree.

Hard Knocks, last night, touched on the passion and "fraternity", the team has. This is why I still believe Revis will be playing, being away from team for these guys is like being away from your family.

Some of the posters were reluctant to have the Jets featured on Hard Knocks.

As someone in the video/editing/writing/directing field and also loving documentaries...HBO documentaries and series are brilliantly done.

For all those complaining about lack of coverage, believe me, HBO is thorough and will cover every angle. They are still filming as we speak, believe that. They will absolutely be filming at the Giants preseason game and all of the pre-season games, and will go into more depth of the unproven stars. The struggle to make the team is the most interesting part, in my opinion, of the whole show.

I couldn't wait for the season to start and now (that I have my Monday Night Football tickets in hand!!!!!!!) am bursting at the seams to see LIVE football.

I'm glad most of us, as fans, loved what we saw last night...hopefully the downers will get on board too!

#368 GQMartin, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm not sure. It seems like a lot of people are signing up and spamming so they could see the download link for the Hardknocks episode. I would imagine that means they haven't seen the episode yet. This would mean that they are probably just lurkers w/o HBO who signed up to view the link so they could watch.

10. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Best part of the show was Namath cracking jokes and getting upset about Mark's technique, I loved that shit. But damn, I need an underdog to root for. The underdogs where a huge part of why Hard Knocks was so awesome last season.

#370 Laszlo Kovacs, Aug 12, 2010
  11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I kind of had the idea that Namath was some washed-up old bag that the Jets let out there just out of respect (and maybe that's partially true), but it seemed like he had some actual legitimate advice for Sanchez and the coaching staff. I was surprised.

I don't think he'll be giving Sanchez any advice on hitting on ladies when shit-faced.:smile:

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Oh, I dunno. If it were me, and I pretty much knew I was going to get cut tomorrow.... I might just use that one night to go out drinking and telling people "I play for the JETS!" It would be a night to remember!

13. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get one. It's a Hard Knocks staple. I liked seeing Chris Presley compete last year, and Danny Amendola and Keon Lattimore the year before. I can't remember the previous underdogs, except for maybe Boomer Grigsby with the Chiefs.

14. HOI

HOI Active Member

I def. thought when Rex was carrying the 3 styrofoam containers to "Cafe Ryan" he was going to pound them all.

15. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

haha my father looked at me and said, "this guy is fucking kidding me right?" That's like the eigth time i've ever heard my dad curse and it was from that.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

In the trailer for next episode, Gholston did not look THAT much heavier to me...

17. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

To be honest, I'm getting a little sick of the underdog coverage. In small doses it's fine, but this team has so much more going on than these freelancers who aren't quite good enough.

The parts with Rex are clearly the most entertaining.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you listen to him talk, he keeps up with who the players are and what's going on the the league today. Also, the stuff he talks about is the stuff he knows about--taking the snap, the timing of routes, etc, the kinds of things that don't change over the years. I also loved that in the rain storm he was still out there focusing on football, that's the Namath I remember from when I was a kid. Along with my dad, Namath is the reason I'm a Jet fan.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You're lucky you got to see him play.

I idolize him and I've only seen highlights...

20. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

Nevermind--Found the right thread elsewhere.

#380 basketballjones72, Aug 12, 2010