Justin Tuck: It’s Giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MK1, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The Jets are on your mind Justin. Just like we are on the minds of several teams in the NFL.

A little venom between the Jets and Giants is all good though. We don't care for them and vice versa.

In the grand scheme of things, Im sure the Jets will be talking sh!t towards many an opponent before the season is over.

But to be politically correct, it is currently called the New Meadowlands Stadium, Justin. Giants stadium is in the midst of becoming a parking lot.

2. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Nice job Justin, comments like this make people hope you open the New Meadowlands Stadium the same way you closed the last one.

PANTHERS 41, GIANTS 9

The Giants saved their worst for last.

They said goodbye to Giants Stadium and to their playoff dreams in embarrassing and humiliating fashion Sunday, with a pathetic 41-9 loss to the Carolina Panthers. The Giants' no-show performance was their worst loss at home in 11 years and one of the worst home losses period in their 34 years at the Meadowlands.

In a must-win game and with a chance to save their disappointing season, they barely showed a pulse.

"Something like this isn't supposed to happen when you're playing for so much," said running back Brandon Jacobs. "That is a terrible way to go out."

"We had everything at stake and that team was only playing for pride," defensive end Justin Tuck added. "I guess pride won today. We should've been playing for a little pride ourselves."

The Panthers scored three touchdowns in the second quarter, then opened the second half with a four-play touchdown drive that ended with a 27-yard touchdown pass from Moore to Smith. That made it 31-0 and was more than enough to send most of the fans - some of whom were seeing their last Giants game in person - toward the exits.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2009/12/27/2009-12-27_giants_gamer.html

3. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Who cares. Every Giants fan/player will be saying this, just because they know how much it irked Jets fans to live as tenants in the old stadium. They do it just get a rise. For that reason alone, I refuse to let it bother me.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

And he actually has the audacity to claim he doesn't have a bias against the Jets! :breakdance:

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is a good point. You never see Jets players or staff / management ever say anything derogatory towards the Giants.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I would love for somebody to bring this quote of Justin Tuck's to the attention of Rex Ryan. He would probably give Mike Francesa a whole days worth of Jets bashing with his response.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Somebody probably will bring it up .

8. Zcore

Zcore New Member

That's funny...according to Madden 11 it's Jets Stadium now

9. None of this crap is gonna stop from Francessa and arrogant wine and cheese Giant fans until the Jets win a super bowl and back up all their talk. It's difficult to swallow sometimes, and you wish you could take a swing at some of these people...but the answer is simple for the jets and their fans: Win on the field.

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

If tapping your foot is the signal for "let's have gay sex," I shudder to think of what the signal for "drop a rancid duke on my chest."

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

I'm willing to bet he was happy to see his brother win an AFC Championship game. Methinks it's a tad Jet-centric to say Eli was rooting against the Jets as opposed to for his brother.

12. FriendlyGiantsFan

I'm haven't really been on the board that much lately because of work and when I have I've mostly been in the NFL forum simply because (until recently) we were in the thickets of the offseason and there wasn't really enough Jets' news to talk about.

This thread in particular was too tempting to pass up.

And I am very optimistic about the Giants up and coming season. We have no more question marks than any other NFC East team and we have a QB just coming off his best statistical season ever while still gaining familiarity with his young WR corps.

We have a number of healthy players returning on defense and made the DL much stronger with this draft. I know everyone here is down of Perry Fewell for...being Perry Fewell, but I think he'll help turn the team around for two simple reasons:

1. He's not Bill Sheridan

2. If he's only an average DC (which isn't at all out of the realm of possibility) that will give the team a MUCH better defensive side of the ball than last year.

So I feel pretty good about this season. I know we have some question marks at a few different positions, but I really don't see any other team in the NFC East as complete in general. I know a lot of posters here disagree and have the Giants pegged as 3rd best in their division, but I really don't see that.

What's your take on their up and coming season, Madbacker?

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

On one hand I always called the old stadium the Meadowlands. I don't ever recall referring to it by the name that other team's fans use(d).

But I don't hate the Giants, or their fans. They're not even in the Jets' conference let alone division. And let's not ever forget 18-1.

And beyond that, I agree the Giant fans who hate the Jets, and I know there are some, will not shut up until the Jets win the SB again.

14. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Who cares

Why should we Jet Fans give a damn about what Justin Tuck or what any of the Giants or Mike Francessa thinks

As Jets fans we have so much to look forward to this year an improved offense, and defense, that is with or withour Revis (yeah I said it).... We have character on this team that has found a way to step up when we were missing key players. The team has stepped up with out Pace and Jenkins, and I expect no less this year no matter how long Revis holds out. Cromartie and Wilson better strap up, because they may be called on to play different roles in the secondary than what was originally contemplated.

But I digress... We have such a good team this year, that we should not worry about the naysayers and knucleheads. Let's just focus on enjoying the upcoming season.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You have to admit that it was a pretty ridiculous statement for Tuck to make. He even went so far as to say that the Jets are never really playoff contenders, and the Giants are expected to compete for the #1 seed year in and year out. That's horseshit.

Though I'm not going to try and take away their Super Bowl win, the 2007 season was a fluke, and the Giants were hardly ever a dominant team in the NFC. It's one thing having confidence in your team, but when you try and justify the confidence at the expense of another franchise, you're just asking for trouble.

16. I personally have nothing against the Giants and most of their fans. If the Jets are out of it I always pull for New York, and most Giant fans I know feel the same way when it comes to the Jets. But there are some Giant fans that feel the need to mention "giants stadium" every chance they get and try to get under Jet fans skin. This sector of fan is very arrogant and often fair weather.

Giant fans are loyal and generally knowledgeable much like the typical jet fan. But I do feel there is a little more fire and passion from the Green side of things..likely from all the year's at shea and the whole 42 years thing..

My only point is, if the Jets want to be on the same pedestal as the giants, they've proven that they have the marketing,history and fanbase to do it...they just need to win.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

As I mentioned before, the Giants stadium comment doesn't bother me as much as Tuck saying that the Jets are perennial jokes and the Giants are perennial Super Bowl contenders. That's the bigger joke.

It's a shared stadium, so if they want to call it Giants stadium, so be it. It's Jets stadium as far as we're concerned anyway.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Mr. Tuck is named after something I wipe my ass with after a night of eating white castle burgers. His opinion is about at useful as a used tuck.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, Justin Tuck, Justin Tuck, Justin Tuck can eat a big fat dick

20. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

They can name it what they want, it will always be Joe Robbie to the fans