17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ha its a verizon app.
    sorry about your crapple phone
    get a droid x

2. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

Android! Android! ANDROID app please!

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Just another reason I am happy to be giving up my bb for the Droid X. The Fedex guy needs to hurry up and deliver it now.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Aside from the Lost Child thing, I'm not impressed with the technology in the article. The redundant television monitors are mostly for the club lounges, a place where you won't find me... ever. And I'm not there for gaming or "fantasy." I'm there to watch the fucking game. And I don't need WiFi access for the same reason... not there to access the internet. Again, not there for the "amenities"... never have been and never will be.

Looks like they're anticipating the new PSL crowd will be, however. It'll be like the Eagles Concert I went to. A young couple showed up late for the concert, sat in front of us and then immediately whipped out their Blackberries and started texting like two little fucking retards. The two little geek pussies sat there for the remainder of the concert, through Hotel California and the rest, texting the shit out of their equally brain-dead, equally ridiculous behaving, spoon-fed, spoiled, whimp-ass little friends, getting off on the keystrokes and unable to really enjoy the actual event because of their substantially arrested develpment and acute Attention Deficit Disorder to anything not Tech.

A real shame. These little dorks won't even know it's 3rd and Two. They'll be too busy accessing their totally unecessary, idiotic "technology amenities," for which they paid so dearly in the form of a PSL and upon which they so heavily rely and to which they're so hopelessly addicted to the point of not being able to enjoy life's simple pleasures, like watching a simple fucking football game. Mental masturbation in all its glory.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It will also provide in game stats, that's the part I like. I used to hate waiting for it to come up and see how many passing yards, or rushing yards a Jet has.

In game replay doesn't sound good? If they're reviewing a call you can view it on your smartphone, that doesn't sound appealing?

6. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

Great post. I have to agree, although it's nice to check the scores of the other games that I'm betting on. But I never whip out my phone unless it's halftime, or a really long delay.

7. 17a_tailgater

i check my fantasy stats during tv timeouts and quarter changes. i will not be using my phone for instant replays. isnt that what the jets paid for those 4 big screens

8. MadBacker Prime

On a reviewed call, I remember it was not always shown.

For those instances, I hope they have it.

9. 17a_tailgater

colin cowherd on eson rado is talking about this now.

10. 17a_tailgater

i listen to my walkman all game to hear the play by play of bob weisselsusan and marty lyons

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Part of the issue one the value of the $2.5K front row seats was price and resale value. If they move him into LGL (even if it is not the front row) for the same PSL, I think that would be fair compensation.

12. Section 227. Row 5

The more of this shit they offer the happier I am in the Upper Deck, with the seniority crowd. At least you can have some conversation with others after a play and know the guy is coherent and not off in Never-Never Land.

I get my replays from the big screen and don't need to take out my phone for any reason other than emergency phone calls. Player stats don't interest me while a game is in progress. I don't need to know that LT has played 2,994 minutes of professional football and is about to go over 3,000 minutes. Not interested. They'll announce on the big screen if a stat is important enough to know at that time.

And the outcome of replays are what they are. You see the replay on the screen and you form an opinion. Then when the decision comes down you either like it or you don't.

13. Section 227. Row 5

I've done that too. That and the big screen is all you need. The rest is over-the-top nonsense, IMO.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I want the Droid X, but with the Droid keyboard. I HATE that stupid touch pad virtual keyboard style. I can't wait to dump my BB too, I've had one for 3 years now (& upgraded to the bold last year) and since day 1 I've found it to be completely shitty. I hear Droid 2 will be launched sometime later this year with the slide out keyboard but won't have some of the X features

#8734 GordonGecko, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  15. MadBacker Prime

There are some, probably a real small amount of people who have seniority that are in the LL.

Not everyone who was a STH for many years chose to go upstairs.

I'm also glad we won't be sitting with people who seem to hate everything about the Jets.

16. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

IPHONE for Verizon Jan 1 2010, I waiting for that would rather have that than the Droid X

17. MadBacker Prime

Not this again- Wrong thread. Not happening.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227, what senority crowd in upper deck? I think you will be suprised who you are sitting next to. But I am 100% with you. I don't like people sitting in front of me. I don't want to stand when they stand, don't want to look at them gabbing on cell phone, taking pictures,playing on blackberry etc.

The scalper who has the two seats directly behind me is a lucky man. His clients wont have a complaint with me in front. Now all I have to worry about is the jerks to left and right to me. Downside of good seats in UD or LL is they are all up for sale. Only shitty overpriced seats will be the same people every week.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Your first two sentences seem to be addressing my above post, but then I read your last sentence. Who are you referring to in that one? Not me, I hope, nor most of the Upper Deckers.

Make certain you don't confuse our repulsive disdain for Woody and his PSL concept with our love of the team. Two completely different things.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I think it's a safe bet to assume that most of the Upper Deck was originally populated by guys with seniority. The early calls filled all those sideline sections extremely quickly. And no one was being given a crack at those seats, if you remember, unless they had seniority order. Sure, some people with seniority grabbed some nice PSL seats, but the Uppers continued to be populated almost exclusively by Seniority People.

So while it's definitely possible (and probable) that some of those have moved and some have dropped out and some have taken advantage of the discounts, it's safe to assume that many, many Seniority People are still in the Uppers, especially the better seats in the Uppers.