Kipers Summer Audit for the AFC EAST

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Jul 27, 2010.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Maybe he is coming here because at least he gets to talk to people with a sense of reality. They may all hate his team but unlike most fin fans they can talk sensible football!

Personally, I find him interesting because of the totally different perspective. He probably should spend more of his time in the NFL forum but he will learn that after a while.

#21 kbgreen, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I didn't know that. Thanks!

Seriously though - it's going to take him a while to learn how to play a new position. He's coming out of a mid-major conference...a conference where he was a good player, but not a dominant one.

I think he'll eventually be a good player in the 34, but in my opinion, he'll never be a solid pass rusher.

3. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Doesn't take much assessing to realize someone is wasting a great deal of his time, and should really find some friends, or at least another web site to talk football on.

If I saw a black guy in the middle of a Klan rally trying to talk to them about how great the black panthers are, I would probably tell him he is wasting his time as well.

4. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

Again......... Let's just play some football and see.:beer:

5. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

Dude, nobodys talking about how great anyone is. Know what your talking about before you spew at the mouth, huh.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You're a racist!!

LMAO-

7. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

HA HA. No sir, not me!!!! (seriously)

8. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

I rarely visit the Dolphins forums. What's the point? To say something obvious to other Dolphin fans and have everyone else agree with you? WTF is the point? Sounds pretty lame to me. You test your ideas and theories and assessments against the opposing viewpoint and it either makes your stance stronger or it withers away your stance completely.

And this is the first time in a long time that such valid, heated discussion between our 2 fan bases has been able to take place at the same time.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Ignoring the dolphins discussion, I would love to get Big Poppa Powe next year. He's a monster and fits the same mold as Jenkins.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Jets will not hold their breath on every play with Jenkins.

This team showed it can win without Kris in the middle. He'll be limited this year and saved for down the stretch.

I hold my breath with the LG spot. As strong as Ducasse is he's going to go through growing pains, but the Steelers won a ring with a rookie at LG, so i'm not too worried.

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

So anyways, back to the New York Jets: The article Kiper wrote is pretty much spot on. Next years draft target really has to be a mammoth DT to replace Jenkins. The Jets have gotten stronger at the positions they addressed in both the draft and FA, with the possible exception of RB, which at the very least remains at last years level.

12. MadBacker Prime

I think we need a youngin at NT and DE, or OLB.

Offense is pretty much set, another offensive lineman will be addressed most likely (though FA/trade/draft, and depending on how McKnight plays another look at RB.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We'll need to draft and/or sign another running back regardless of how Joe McKnight plays early on. McKnight isn't going to do much at all this season except maybe return some kicks and punts.

He'll take Tomlinson's spot after he decides to retire.

Our team has hardly any money invested into the running back position, which will be helpful down the road.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

OLB pass rusher is required. Taylor will most likely not be here next year even if all the promises are reached (Ring, 10+ sacks). Unless he is so happy that is is willing to restructure the ridiculous incentive laden contract he signed....

Oh and NT...

15. MadBacker Prime

So you don't think McKnight has the potential to be a Leon type?

If he were to reach that we'd be set with him, Shonn, and LT for another year.

I don't know much about McKnight, I just know he's skinny.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I have a feeling Rex is going to bring in a few more ex-Ravens defenders next off-season.

The following Baltimore players are either FAs or RFAs:

Defensive backs: Dawan Landry, Chris Carr, and Tom Zbikowski.

Linebackers: Tavares Gooden, Antwan Barnes, and Jameel McClain.

Haloti Ngata is also set to become a free agent in 2011, but I doubt the Ravens will let him walk. They're going to be in a tight spot when it comes to who they'll franchise though - Jared Gaither and LeRon McClain will also need new contracts after this season.

Some other notable potential defensive free agents to look out for are:

Pittsburgh 34 OLB LaMarr Woodley, Dallas 34 DE Marcus Spears, San Diego 34 OLB Shawne Merriman, San Francisco 34 OLB Manny Lawson, and Indianapolis S Antoine Bethea.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think he can be better than Leon Washington (who a lot of Jets' fans overrate), but I don't think he'll contribute RIGHT AWAY. I think he'll end up returning some kicks/punts and he'll have a limited role on offense...maybe catch 20 to 25 passes and get about 50 carries throughout the year - more than likely under 100 touches on offense.

We're going to need another power runner in this system, no matter what. This ground and pound offense needs to powerful backs. It'd be nice to sign a cheap, productive free agent after LT retires, but I also wouldn't be upset if we went after someone high in the draft.

#37 Mr Electric, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  18. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW New Member

I can see Rex pursuing Woodly. He is a great pass rusher, and would be a great fit for your team.
    Merriman, and Spears..... not so much. The oft injured Merriman is too fragile for Rex, and Spears doesn't seem to be Rex's type either, not a dominate player.

19. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I doubt we are going to be able to afford Woodley or Lawson... But we would possibly have the best LB core in history with Pace and Woodley on the outside and Scott/Harris on the inside. But thats a shit ton of cap space to use up for 4 LB's no matter how good they would be.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I agree with Kiper about Jenkins. Every time he goes down in a pile I'll be trippin' balls.

I also agree with his NE assessment. I thought their drafting of McCourty, Cunningham and Spikes was a GREAT haul. I'm big on Spikes.. he and Mayo in the middle could be NASTY.