Sean Payton: Jets are a threat.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Jun 29, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Where did I say he was a troll?

I have avatars blocked so if I go on at work there aren't a bunch of 95% naked women stored on my hard drive.

I was just wondering if he had any actual thoughts on the matter or if he was just being a wise ass. Obviously his remark was sarcastic.

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Sean Payton made a similar comment about us last year and that was before we played them so I'll take his word with a great deal of confidence.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The only way the Jets are a threat to the Saints, is if they play in the Super Bowl. Which means he expects the Jets to emerge from the AFC.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol. Gotta love the way that story sort of just "disappeared".

5. dcnr226

dcnr226 New Member

The key to beating the Jets will obviously be through the ground. Who are the teams capable of dominating the #1 D in the league? Off the top of my head, and playing their best football, with a healthy offense, the only teams I can think of are the Ravens, Dolphins, Panthers, Vikings, Falcons, and maybe Jaguars (not sure about their o-line).

Also, the Patriots stacking up on tight ends is in my mind geared to working the middle of the field and exploiting the blitz-happy division the AFC-east has evolved into.

6. Zcore

Zcore New Member

When we win in week 1 more people will be aware

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday, but the truth of the matter is there are a lot more teams that can beat the Fins then the Jets, pretty much anyone in the AFC with a good corner and a decent run D can beat up on the Fins.

We beat the Panthers soundly last year, they can't pass on us nor did they really run well on us as well, the Fins gave away any chance of a victory when they traded away Ted Ginn, the Jets need to come out to Miami or The New Stadium and play 4 quarters of focused, intense, beat em down Jet football. The Fins have absolutely no chance.

As the Jags/Falcons, granted we stunk up the place, but I don't see the Jags beating us again anytime soon, they haven't improved at all this off-season, the only team I see us losing with full health are the Colts, Ravens, and Patriots ... and I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but i'm not even sure about the Pats anymore, since we got Cro and Wilson as our 2 and 3 corners.

As for the Pats and their new TEs there are no guarantees on how good their TEs will be, they haven't been exactly the best drafted team in the past couple years and we have strong safeties and DEPTH to cover those TEs incase Bill decides to bring in the TEs.

On our best day, your not being us on the ground with Jenkins back and your def not beating us in the air, the only way the Jets can be stopped is by themselves and at times their lack of execution on defense/offense/Special teams. I have that much confidence in this team

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's the freaking attitude I want from my fans Sunny, nice job. Damm right, we dictate baby, who gives a rats ass what anyone thinks good or bad, we are taking no prisoners. Listen up people, take the cue from Mr. Sunny, stop the whinning, stop the worrying cause Sheriff Ryan is in town baby

#28 sec314, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Makes perfect sense. If you can beat the Jets D, you can beat any D.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think you're right it's going to take a strong rushing attack to beat up the Jets D. That's the obvious question mark about our defense.

I do not think it will be easy to run on us though. If Cro can be trusted in single coverage against #2's you will likely see a lot of guys in the box in run situations - guys that can also cover TE's.