Critic of new stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ganggreengirl, May 28, 2010.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

2. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Yeah same here... I guess I better starting thinking about buying stock in Captain Morgan...

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Would you guys prefer red and blue? That grey looks a heck of alot better than what the seats at the old place looked like.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

-The Late great George Carlin

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Fucking awesome. :up:

6. fozzi58

2 Points

I just noticed your screen name. You're still Soss to the vets on the board. Nice one anyway.

Whether you make $15 or $50 per hour you have to consider if this purchase fits into your economics. I make considerably more than you but my lifestyle dictates its not worth it. I love this team as much as anybody but I can't see going from $2000 a season for 2 seats (in LL) to $2000 or more plus $4k+ PSL (in Mezz). My mortgage, my kids college fund, and other things are a higher priority. That doesn't make me or anyone else us any less of a Jets fan than you or the other 50k people that kicked out the bucks for the PSLs. It just means our priorities are different.

We're not cry-babys, we just want to pay a reasonable price to see a sporting event. The economics in this area and the economics & structure of professional sports in general are making sporting events more of a capital purchase rather than just a use of disposable income.

I would not spend 4 weeks of my salary on ANY event. That doesn't make you wrong - it just makes out POV different.

7. fozzi58

I love Carlin. He was my first choice for an avy when I went hunting but I didn't think it would be fair to tread on you.

The man is practically my idol. I've got 4 or five of his shows memorized. Have all the shows on DVD. Been to 5 HBO specials and saw him countless times at Club Bene on 35 and NJPAC, and Waterloo Village in Lake Hopatcong.

(All by the way much less expensive than PSL's and a year of season tickets to the Jets! LOL)

Sorry for the tangent...

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

No worries. If u wanna rock Carlin as ur avy go right ahead. Someone else here also has a Carlin avy if I'm not mistaken. I wish I could've seen the man live at one of his shows, but I've seen all his stand ups. The man was a comedic genius. RIP Carlin.

Sorry for the side-stepping folks. Carry on.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think MMA and more specifically the UFC is the fastest growing sport.

Ever since the first season of Ultimate Fighter the sport has exploded onto the scene.

More gyms/training opening up everywhere as well as more local MMA events.

10. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

How 'bout wanting to see Carlin at the new stadium from the uppers? Dead or alive, he'd look like an ant.

Kinda ties in......

11. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

don't think that wasn't going through my head. I realize they have some 'give' but the upper deck was really moving.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow i dont think i have ever seen that video... how far did they fall and how many were killed/injured? that was absolutely scary.

13. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

everytime i watch this it blows my mind, i seriously dont know how well im gonna do with this whole rocking thing if thats really the case

14. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versailles_wedding_hall_disaster

15. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I never meant to imply that anyone is any less of a Jets fan for choosing not to buy tickets.

My point was simply that the team is offering a product at a monopolized price.

Each of us has to decide if it's in our best interest and of enough value.

The decision has gotten tougher, but I'm not going to cry about it.

And the name changes are just temp goofs, I'll always be Soss.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

With 2 teams paying and all the money they are charging, Why shouldn't we get a stadium that BLOWS AWAY What Dallas and New England built?

I'm hearing a lot of complaints. But, more and more I'm convinced that keeping my money and spending it on a Basement remodel and projection TV was a Great Move.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

great joke. even though he is totally wrong. one of the funniest deliveries ever.

19. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I didn't think there was a bad seat in the lower bowl, and I sat in seats all over the place.

Buddy of mine has his Giants tickets right smack behind the goal posts 3rd or 4th to last row and the view from his seats was very good.

20. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

i was listening to 1050espn on the ride home from work yesterday and Michael K was giving his review of the new stadium....and it wasn't a very good one. He said the place has no life to it at all, very bland, no character. He said the building looked like a giant A/C duct that it was modern on the outside and then all the clubs and stands on the inside had old English style signs...nothing matched, the seats were a boring neutral grey and overall it simple wasn't worth 1.6 bill. But thats just one guys opinion i haven't been inside yet but what i've seen from the outside im very impressed i know that the building will be lit up green when we host a game and they will set up for both teams. I can't wait to see it!