Critic of new stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ganggreengirl, May 28, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Old stadium upper decks were great, not a bad seat.
    From what I am hearing, these are the closest you can get to actually using the Hubble Telescope.

2. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Not sure if you are being a smart ass. :breakdance: But I'll answer seriously. At that point it stopped raining. So it was just water dripping off the lights.

3. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

[​IMG]

This is a picture taken with my phone from my seat. Believe it or not there is a band on the stage.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I can't believe Gary Coleman performed in the meadowlands the night before he died. What does a normal person look like on the stage.

I wonder what pee wee games will look like from row 26 UD EZ?

5. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

and you see all those little people on the field, that is what football players will look like.

6. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

They will look like ticks. :rofl:

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

damn, Bon Jovi used to pull in big crowds in Jersey

8. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

LOL that was for the opening act.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what row are you in??

10. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

16 there were probably another 10 behind me.

11. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Maybe people started wising up? Tastes DO mature as one gets older...

12. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Family issues are irrelevant to this issue, as they would exist with or without the new stadium.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck. The team is riding us hard here, but no complaining is going to help. Buy it if it's worth it to you, or don't. Hopefully enough people don't buy, and the team prices its fans out and has to drop down, but for now... i'm paying.

I know my boycotting them is only going to spite myself.

There are seats that cost 950 a year, not the 1546 I am forking out. Those seats are worse. That's how a class system works.

In general, the seats are further, but I moved closer.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Seat prices and sales attitudes like this are now the norm in every stadium across the country for the NFL. They are hardasses down here as well. I have a couple of friends that are pissed over their treatment from the Fins.

I guess the difference is that the new stadium has made the Jets look like douches all of a sudden. With or without the stadium their douchiness was going to happen regardless.

The only bargain I know of in professional sports is the hockey team down here. You can get Seats 2 rows up from ice for 80 bucks. Half off the stated price. I do not take advantage enough because I am not a Florida team fan.....oh well

14. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I too was at the 5/27 bon jovi concert. Section 336 (about 25 yrd line) 17 rows back. For many years my family had seats in the upper deck of the old building, sidelines, 4 rows from the top. The 17th row of the new building was considerably further away from the field, not at all comparable. Still, I was able to read jersey numbers off of concert goers who wore jerseys on the field, so its not impossibly bad (I hope), so those who are comparing the view from the UD to that from a blimp are a bit off. I think its safe to say, the 27,000 fans in the new upper deck will find their seats to be worse than anything that was in the old upper deck. Are they bad enough to make you dump the seats and/or pay for a PSL, time will tell. On the positive side, the new cupholders kept my drink from spilling.

The upper deck was bouncing so much it was scary. When I looked up at the lighting catwalk (yes, in the new building the lights aren't behind the last row, they are suspended over the last 10 rows of the upper deck on a catwalk that rings the building), that thing was bouncing all over the place. It was more that a little scary, and this with large chunk of the upper deck being empty (they didn't sell seats behind the stage)

#94 notajduhe, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

My wife has vowed not to return to the uppers for any event there. The shaking bothered her that much. The good: she doesn't go to Jets games so I will have to do better with tickets come concert time.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It is the fastest growing, fastest moving (other than hockey), and most exciting sport there is.

17. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I can't imagine how much the upper deck will move when the upper deck is completely full. I thought it was just my row moving cause people were jumping around. Apparently everyone in the upperdeck felt it. Scary shit.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Im sure it was designed for the vibrations but it gave many an uneasy feeling. I also want to know how much the uppers will be shaking come Monday, 9/13/10 vs the Ravens. We may just tear the place down.

19. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Don't be silly.

Of course it's not a sport. :)

20. Le Tricolore

Le Tricolore Member

Complaining about a view of a concert from the upper bowl of a football stadium is pretty silly. You obviously won't see too well from there. Hell, a concert from the nosebleeds of a hockey stadium isn't too great either, and this is way bigger!