Critic of new stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ganggreengirl, May 28, 2010.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

No problem, most of the time your posts are the same, and then zing...out of leftfield.

Not that there is a problem with that. I just expected you to be the dad who gets home and says "who the hell was using my TGG account?".

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

At least they put a cool playground for the kids-

[​IMG]

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The pic didn't show up, can you try to post again please?

4. MadBacker Prime

I can see it twice now-

Are you jokin??

Can everyone else see it?

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

is that actually a slide coming out of an elephants ass? hilarious.

6. MadBacker Prime

Freaking weird right??

They should have another slide where his dick should be, what morons made it?

lol

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

you all need to quit complaining, i'd do anything just to go to one jets game. To bad i'm in no position to go to one right now.

8. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

i have section 318 row 2 and from the virtual tour they look great but what can i say, i haven't been inside yet...hope all these complaints are just people complaining because theres nothing better to do and not because its true...

9. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

You must work for Verizon Customer Support.

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I didn't have any trouble seeing anything from my seats.

[​IMG]

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

It's 4000 spread over 15 years with interest, i.e. 386. It's just something mentally built into my ticket price.

I actually had to buy a PSL seat, as we needed to rights transfer. The family had 9 tickets as a whole last year, 7 for this year, but we will be dispersing them to 4 owners.

I make all of 15 bucks an hour, but I'm a loyal sheep Jets fan that will drop the 4 weeks weeks net pay a year, because the gameday experience is something I'm unwilling to give up.

It's a choice. Can't really bitch either way. I made mine, I chose the whine-worthy price instead of the whine-worthy seat.

You really think I would call anyone out if I wasn't paying my own way?

12. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

For myself, going to a game is all about the experience. Just being in the stadium at game time is what its all about. Feeling apart of the team and the atmosphere of 82,000 strong is what drives me to the games - regardless of where I sit.

Truth is, no matter how high, or far away our seats are from the action, we should all be thankful we can attend such a glorious event 8 times a year and root for the best fuckin' team in the NFL.

This gospel was funded by the church of revis christ of latter day rex

13. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

one more thing, the seats were actually shaking at points during the show.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

After being there last night I can tell you that you will be sitting in a windtunnel in your new seats.

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

OK, I went to the new stadium for the Bon Jovi concert and took a personal tour of the new building and parking lots.

After seeing the new building live and in action, I am not impressed. Is it nice, yeah. Is it all we were led to believe, no. For comparison sake, I was very impressed by the Prudential Center in Newark so I can be pleased.

For one, the escalator system (yes they were working) is strange. It takes you one flight at a time and you have to walk the whole length to get your ride to the next level. When I was leaving, the escalator ended at the 100 section and I ended up walking down a ramp to get out. There are steps, ramps and escalators.

Second, the restroom entrances and exits are right next to each other. You enter, head to the urinals which are all over, in corners, on the walls, etc. Not just one wall like the old place. Then you have to exit through the sink area to reach the exit door. You literally loop through the room. The concert was mainly female so there was no line for the men's room. A few ladies did choose to use it because there was no line, OK by me.

Next, the upper seating (I sat in 313, row 19 for the show) is really high. When I went for the tour in March, it didn't seem that high but when you actually had something to look at on the field level, it seemed very far away. I sat in the uppers last year so I thought I was used to being high up. Guess not. Also, during the show, when a rocking song came on, the whole upper deck was shaking. I'm not talking a little, but alot where folks were looking at each other with puzzled looks on their faces wondering what the hell was going on. If it was moving this much for Bon Jovi, it will be really rocking when the Jets sack Flacco in game 1.

The uppers seemed dark. The lights extend over the middle of the uppers to where the lights shine down from in front of you, leaving the higher seats in the dark. ALso, it rained prior to the show and drops from the catwalk behind the lights kept falling on my head. Not fun.

Finally, the parking situation. I parked in lot J. I no longer like Lot J and am glad I am not able to park there. First of all, since the old stadium is still in place, you have to walk around it, and the construction, to get to the new place. Seemed like I walked forever. Secondly, the spaces are too narrow. I have a GMC SUV and wasn't able to open the damn door without hitting the car next to me. No one was enforcing the now infamous 1 space policy. Getting to the NJTP was easy once you actually got out of the lot though.

Things I liked: Numerous beer stands. Too bad I do most my drinking in the lot. Food lines, also I rarely buy anything in the stadium after a hearty tailgate. The big screens are cool as well. Nice clear picture. Gonna look great on instant replays.

The stadium is still going through growing pains with the staff, ammenities, etc. There is still construction work to be done in a few areas.

If anyone has any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

$4k is for one ticket, $8k is for two, plus 10 x $125+ (is it?). I think you're also leaving out the up-front money you need to put down in the first year.

Many others don't have the luxury of splitting the cost with family. Some also have other responsibilities (not wants) that come before football, such as family and bills.

I'm glad things worked out for you, but don't call others cry babies because they legitimately can't afford the $8k+ PSLs, which reek of greed to begin with.

We're all paying more for a lesser gameday experience. The seats are farther away than they were in Giants stadium, and you're paying a crap-ton more for them.

No offense, dude, but it sounds like you're getting some help.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and beyond those that cant afford them, those that choose not to have money tied up for 15 years on jets tickets. these days with it being as tough as it is to get a mortgage could you imagine you couldnt get one because you owe the jets money.

19. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Yeah when the seats/upper deck was shaking it scared the crap out of me. I was seriously afraid the thing would fall down. And yeah the water from the lights kept dripping on my head. And in the old stadium at least on the one side you had the wall to block any wind. there is no protection from the elements up there.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wait... water was dripping form the lights? Was in raining? I'm so spoiled.... I'm used to going to games in Vegas when it's 75 with 0 percent humidity.