Critic of new stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ganggreengirl, May 28, 2010.

1. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I was at the Bon Jovi concert last night. I won't bore you with a review of the concert. But I will bore you with my review of the stadium.

Thumbs DOWN!

I had seats in section 312 row 16. People joke when they sit up stairs that they are nose bleeds, well these most defiantly are. The bands looked like ants on the stage, I could only imagine what football would be like. (I was right on the side of the stage, the closest you could get being up that high. If i was on the opposite end he might have looked like a tick.

There are a zillion suites in the stadium (hey somebodies gotta foot the bill for the new thing huh)

The stairs to go to the upper deck are very narrow. I am skinny and i couldn't walk side by side with someone down them. Seemed like they wanted to cram every possible seat into the stadium.

In one word, it is COLD up there. I froze my ass off. It is open all around the upper deck. So if you are sitting up there bring your artic jacket for the winter. It is also open in the concourse.

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to give people some perspective of what the new stadium would be like.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

In Giants stadium I've sat all over the place. The new stadium I believe they compressed all the seats, so that nose-bleeds are not as bad as they used to be. If they were able to do that I will be happy.

3. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I've sat in the upper deck for games at the old stadium and i think the new one is much worse. Maybe I am biased right now because I was so cold and miserable. But they crammed every seat possible in there.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i was there for the big city lacrosse classic about a month ago and i can't say i experienced the same thing. i actually remember walking out thinking that a bad seat didn't exist in that stadium. i didn't go up to the very top rows but i went up pretty high and had no problem seeing the action on the field.

5. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I was about 10 rows from the top.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i gotta say i think you being stuck out in the cold is having a larger impact on your impressions than you may realize. i was there from early afternoon until about 8pm and it was a beautiful day. you were up higher than i went but i also think i got a better impression of what its gonna be like to watch football up there because i was watching a sporting event as opposed to a concert. i would say give it another chance before getting too down on the new place.

7. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

my opinion must also be skewed cause it took almost two hours just to leave the parking lot! :eek:hmy:

8. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

a concert is not 100 yards, so yeah i'm sure they looked like ants.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Definitely not compressed-

The Mezz in the new stadium is almost as high as the UD in the old.

There is more of a incline if that's what you mean by compressed.

#9 MadBacker Prime, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So how was the concert?

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I actually posted this pic (with some help) on the "New Stadium" thread and thought these stairs were very narrow as well and just a bad idea in general. I can just imagine the madness at halftime during a Jets game. Thanks for your input.

12. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

For anyone who hasnt seen the new stadium from Giants Stadium, it's obvious the upper deck is significantly higher at the new stadium.

13. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I was concerned about the upper deck looking somewhat "moved outward" from the field, in comparison to the old stadium. I got this feeling from looking at the seating charts:

Giants Stadium
    [​IMG]

Meadowlands Stadium
    [​IMG]

I always felt there was never really a bad seat anywhere in the old stadium. Hopefully, the new one is similar in that regard. I'll be touring the new stadium on Tuesday, so I should find out then.

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Here we go:

[​IMG]

Very clear the see the difference in height and distance from the field, for the third tier.

And, yes, I know there's somewhat of an optical illusion due the new stadium being in the foreground, but you can still see there's a difference...

15. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I saw Springsteen last year in the UD at the old stadium pretty close to where I usually sat for jets games. There is no comparison. Consert stages cover all of about 15 yards, so you can't see anything unless you are right next to the stage.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Where are the pics?

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Of what her of John Bon Jovi?

18. MadBacker Prime

I saw Jon Bovi in what was left of Giants Stadium-

[​IMG]

Very intimate concert.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I was at the concert last night too... the stadium feels a lot like the Eagles stadium from the outside...

On the inside, I was in the upper deck: section 329, row 18 and I actually thought the view wasn't half bad. The seats were comfortable, the stadium was clean and modern... I still think 1.6 billion is ridiculous for what we're getting out of this stadium. To those who paid the PSLs, sorry.

20. MadBacker Prime

NO PSL's in the Uppers so no need to apologize. I love the view from my seat and that's really all I care about when going to a Jets game.