#3 WR For the First 4 Games? Patrick Crayton?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, May 24, 2010.

?

Who will be the #3 WR Weeks 1-4

1. Laveranues Coles

13 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Patrick Crayton

5 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Brad Smith

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  4. David Clowney

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

As we all know Santonio Holmes will not be playing the first four games of this season.

We face everybody in our division, and another team the Ravens whom were a WildCard team like us last year. It's very important of course that the Jets get off to a good start.

So who will be our #3 Wr during that time?
    Many people, and myself have suggested Laveranues Coles, but what about Patrick Crayton?

Crayton to skip OTAs for second time
    The agent for wide receiver Patrick Crayton confirmed Sunday that his client will remain away from the Dallas Cowboys' organized team activities this week.
    A couple of sports news websites have reported he is most likely to be cut, and will earn 2million for 2010.

2. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I think we'd have to give up too much for Crayton. I'd like to still have "some" draft picks in 2011. Unless we can get him for another steal, I think we may end up having to rely on Smith, Clowney or Coles. I'm ok with that our defense should be able to compensate.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think we are set at WR. We will have problems getting the 3 we already have on the field. However, if we want somebody for the first 4 games (which I don't think we do) we would probably look at a FA like Coles.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We have to stay in house for those games, we have already gave up to much in the WR department as is. It would be silly to give up anything else at that position. WR's are not going to be the determining factor in all four of those games anyway. Not a huge concern at all.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The first 4 games without Holmes won't be too bad. Teams will still have to face a fairly unfamiliar set up with all the other new additions we have.
    Had we had the same 3 HBs and system, then we might have been in for a rocky ride.
    Holmes from game 5 is just gravy baby!

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It probably depends on how well David Clowney shows up during TC. If he isn't playing out of his mind, I can envision the Jets signing Coles for a year.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Patrick Crayton? I just noticed that part. The guy wants a chance to start somewhere, that's why he's staying out of camp. Why would he sign with the Jets? He wouldn't start and would be 4th on the depth chart in week 5.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

No, we aren't going to be trading for another WR this yr. I think we go in to the season with Cotch and Braylon as our starters and Brad Smith/David Clowney as #3 and #4. We started last year with Cotch and Stuckey as our starters and Brad Smith and David Clowney as #3 and 4. So we definitely have a better receiving corp than last years opener.

They only way I can see Crayton coming to New York would be if he's cut. But if he's cut, he would be dumb to come to New York. His whole point of requesting a trade is to get more playing time rather than being the #4 WR. He will be #4 in New York as well, so it kills the point. So I really don't see him coming here.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Patrick Crayton, da heck ?

Out of all the positions on the jets, id say WR by long and far is absolutely without a doubt the last position where we could use another guy at.

If were gonna waste a roster spot signing someone lets actually get someone that at least can serve a purpose on the team.

10. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I doubt we pick up another wr before the season starts but if we were to get one I would put my money on the Jets and Coles coming to terms for a year. But probably not.

11. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

What about Aundrae Allison? He looked pretty good in training camp before he went on IR.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Brad Smith, just having him out there will make the defense think-

Pass/Catch/Run scenario-

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Rex and Schotty use those 4 games to work on the screen game. I forget who said it the other day on ESPN but someone said the one thing that Sanchez needs to improve upon is embracing the dump-off pass. I would have to agree. We really didn't have a screen game last year, partly because we lost Leon and partly because TJ just isn't much in the reception department. If LT's really back (and maybe I'm in the minority, but I think he is) then this will be his time to hit the ground running.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Plus with Keller in the mix and him emerging more and more a 2WR set will be common with him motioning out-

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I'm not saying TRADE for Patrick Crayton. This is IF he is cut. Which is a high possibility.

Good point. Didn't know what the guy wanted to do.

Good Call on that. I'd like to see Brad's ability used more this season.
    [​IMG]

#15 JfaulkNYJ, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  16. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Coles? wtf?

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

maybe we can trade D.Harris for P.Crayton

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Thatll at least take an additional 1st rounder as well for PCray are you nuts :mad:

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

im pretty sure we will just stick with the smith/clowny combo like we did last year

20. 624

624 Banned

Harris is an easily replaceable 2 down linebacker so sure, why not?