Santonio Holmes at it again...(false)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Correct. he needs to avoid ALL potential problems whether it's something small or not.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Dude ... you're totally missing the point. The fact that he wouldn't turn off his IPOD for 5 effin' minutes speaks VOLUMES about his attitude. He's obviously a smartass and a guy with no respect for rules and authority. You have to turn your electronic devices off ... that's it and that's all. What exactly is his problem with that????

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

You don't see how wearing earphones can make you oblivious to your surroundings?

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Police statement:"Santanio Holmes was NOT removed from any airplane.He was asked to remove his Ipod (at 1 pt),in which he complied" #nfl

this entire report is BULLSHIT. Heard the police speak, and he wasn't removed from the plane!

HOO-RAAAH!! Hallelujah back onto the quest for the SuperBowl.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Even if he couldn't hear the announcements, I don't see how earphones can make you oblivious to aircrew waving their hands in your face, which they surely did.

It's not a big deal in isolation, but it speaks to the attitude of the man. I like a degree of arrogance in players, I think that most successful people in most walks of life have that, but they have to be trained to channel that arrogance and use it in the correct way and at the correct time.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

To start with, it's a myth that they interfere with in any way with the plane's electronics.

However, a rule is a rule, and he should have complied. He certainly seems to have a serious lack of common sense.

With that said, half the plane was probably violating the rule in some manner. He was singled out because he was a. Santonio Holmes flying in to Pitts, and b. wearing Jets colors flying in to Pitts. Lame.

:steelers:

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

/thread

/hysteria

/overreaction

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://twitter.com/NYPost_NFL

The police say no action will be taken against Holmes, and the #Jets don't plan any, either. 1 minute ago via web

A flight attendant reported Holmes for not turning off his iPod. Police met Holmes upon landing and told him to follow regulations. #Jets 3 minutes ago via web

Rex was right: Allegheny County, Pa., police said today that the Santonio Holmes incident was much ado about nothing. #Jets

9. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

And you're obviously a very presumptuous and judgmental douche.

Way to completely overreact everybody.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Officer confirms police told Holmes: "Next time you have to listen to the stewardess." Translation: This wasn't a big deal. #jets #nfl #nyj

this is awesome news, because I believed theses articles. shows how classless Pittsburgh is to make a completely false report.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Talk about classless. The good people over at FinHeaven are going to town on this shit.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

what'd they say? I bet they said Rex Ryan is fat. Good thing too, because none of us ever knew that.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man. It's nice to be right every once in a while.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

in other news Rex said Kyle Wilson looked great today

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

and apparently Ducasse knocked someone 8 yards back on a running play, too.

17. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

wow, steven seagall has some issues he needs to work out.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Boner. City.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The reactions were based on the original report, and I'm not gonna blame anyone's reaction, including my own, even though the report was largely erroneous. Holmes is on thin ice and should be on his best behaviour in every sense of the word. I don't know why a minute handful in here were glossing that over. He could have very well have jeopardized his season, and so what "if other people do it"? Patriots mentality? Really? Besides, he isn't "other people", and perhaps that's part and parcel of the problem. In both directions.

Fact remains, can Santonio Holmes use the word isthmus in a sentence? If he says, "Isthmus be my lucky day", he would be correct.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The police were called to the landing gate to talk to Santonio Holmes but it's not a big deal? I have flown 50+ times in my life and I have never seen a police officer called to the gate to talk to an unruly passenger.

Remember all of the "it was one of Braylon's crew that roughed up LeBron James friend at the nightclub" stories that we heard right after we got Edwards? Then it turned out that it WAS Edwards who punched the guy? Holmes has good PR people. He's still in trouble. Trust me on this one.