Some Notes On Our Newly Acquired UDFA's

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dreadmadseen, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Some notes via Jetsblog.com on our new UDFA's.

The three that really excite me and are definate sleepers (NFL draft wise) are Donovan Warren, Mick Williams, and Charlie Tanner. Productive kids in college that can add HUGE depth on our team.

LIST UPDATES AS MORE PLAYERS ARE ACQUIRED SO KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR MY EDIT POSTS AND ADDITIONS TO THE LIST!

The Jets signed two more undrafted free agents. They are LB Broderick Stewart from Vanderbilt and OT Matt Stommes from Minnesota.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Could Mick Williams be this years Jamaal Westerman ?

Donovan Warren I'm betting makes the team, leaving Coleman and Lowery to battle it out...

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I don't think so... he's a 4-3 guy IMO.

4. l29washington

l29washington New Member

So these guys all have been acquired? It seems like just a month ago when Warren was projected as a fringe 1st round pick.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I think even over Warren ( who i think very highly of) Charlie Tanner is the best pickup with the most potential. Started 32 games at Texas under a great staff and solid team/oline. Protected McCoy with his life and didnt give up many sacks from his side at all. could be a potential 2nd stringer.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Yes except Marcus Ezeff, he is coming in for a workout. But yes its crazy how ones stock can fall soo much over only a month.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Is that even a battle?

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I also like the Tanner/Warren/Williams.

Can Williams learn how to play 2-gapping responsibility? He does seem to have proper size and weight to play 3-4 DE.

9. 73klecko

73klecko Member

No way in he** Lowery is even in jeopardy of not making this team. That's a freakin joke that he's even mentioned.

I think Basped can be a player. He had like 23 sacks and six forced fumbles the last three years.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Coleman <<<<<<< LOWERY

11. 624

624 Banned

Yeah, I think Lowery would be better then Warren and destroy Coleman in a battle, and I am pretty high on Warren.

Lowery is underrated on this board.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's bigger than Mike DeVito was coming out of college and look how that turned out.

Williams has a great motor and that will help him out a lot as a rotational lineman.

This kid was a hell of a nose tackle in college. I think he's got the tools to play nose or end in this scheme.

Remember, Ryan had great success with Kelly Gregg as his nose tackle in Baltimore. He's not very big for a nose.

#12 Mr Electric, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  13. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

I always thought Donovan Warren projected as a good safety in the NFL, he looks nothing like he's only 180 lbs. Is that correct?

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Williams is 6'1"... DeVito is 6'3"... I don't know if williams can put on the 35 lbs he needs to become a sort of Kelly Gregg... he is SEVERLY undersized (too short to be an end, too light to be a NT) but I guess time will tell as usual...

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Warren is a tough read and that's why his stock fell so hard in the weeks leading up to the draft. I've been following him closely since his days at LB Poly in HS when he chose Michigan over USC. He has always had the tools but the desire has been questioned in the past. Let's just hope Rex and staff can really light a fire under his ass because he's a guy who really needs to be pushed to give his best.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Mike DeVito was 270 pounds when we signed him. He's 310 now.

Kelly Gregg is shorter than Williams and he weighed just under 300 pounds when was drafted by Baltimore.

Mick Williams is 280 right now.

Players put on weight.

Williams was a hell of a nose tackle at Pitt. He's got the ability to play in the 34. I don't give god damn about two inches of height.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yes, but how long is his hair? Does he look like Troy Polamalu?
    +1. His height does project him as a better NT than DE but he could be a great asset to the team. Williams played next to Romeus and gave him a lot of help by taking on double teams and leaving Romeus with the 1-on-1s.

Right now he's a developmental project but if you give him a couple of years he'll have his weight set. The guy is strong as an ox and about as movable as a brick wall. Given the right amount of time, he is going to piss off a lot of NFL OLinemen.

Also his real name is Ernest so we can get a shit-ton of Jim Varney jokes out of this signing, which is nice.

#17 CatoTheElder, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  18. ........

........ Trolls

Absolutely. I'm assuming Lowery starts as our #4 while we figure out where Warren is bestserved playing. He could well rotate between CB/S. I just assumed when he signed that Coleman wouldn't make it out of camp. I can't envision a scenario in which Lowery doesn't make the team.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Pssst.

The list at www.jetsdaily.com is more up-to-date. Even if the site isn't nearly as good.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Anyone know anything about him?