Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

+1. I though his combine workout doomed our chances. I could not have been happier with any other pick.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

can someone add that Kyle Wilson is also a JETS FAN!

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I still think the Jets have long term plans for Cromartie. Rex needs more than 2 effective corners in his defense.

4. islesfan

islesfan New Member

I don't get people who are criticizing this pick, especially when they say they wanted a front 7 defensive player because they wanted someone to rush the QB. Did you guys watch the Jets last year? They weren't getting pressure on the QB by rushing 4 guys and hoping to beat a D-Lineman, they sent everybody they could to go after the QB. 3 solid CB's, instead of 1 1/2, the Jets can attack even more.

Remember the playoff loss to the Colts? The Jets were picked apart by the Colts secondary receivers. They let Revis shutdown his side or his player and attacked the other CB. Now with 3 legitimate cover CB's, we don't have to worry about that.

With another pass rusher in Taylor (I hate him as much as anybody) and 2 more solid CB's in Cromartie and now Williams, the Jets are going to get crazy pressure on the QB because of their coverage alone.

I really like the pick. It was smart and they got great value. Now all they need is more depth on the OL and DL with their remaining picks and a solid veteran QB.

5. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Why did we lose in the AFC Championship game? Because even with Wayne and Clark covered, Collie and Garcon were still running wild. Anyone that dislikes this pick is nuts.

6. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

I really liked the Wilson pick. I think we would get exposed without 3 good CB vs some of the elite offenses. Rotoworlds take...

Jets selected Boise State CB Kyle Wilson with the No. 29 pick in the 2010 draft.
    The rich get richer, as the NFL's top secondary adds arguably the draft's best corner. Though Wilson's college competition was lacking, he was a four-year starter with impressive play-making ability. Even better, he has impact ability in the return game. Wilson will likely start out as the nickelback, and he should take over for Antonio Cromartie opposite Revis Island in 2011

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Agreed, the league is evolving into a 3 CB league with the air game being so dominant.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

One more thing:

BOOM.

headshot.

10. 624

624 Banned

He put up fucking 23 reps on the Bench Press, that is insane for a corner.

Don't be fooled by his height either, he has very long arms and can jump high.

(Long arms make the bench press even harder...)

This guy is a freak athlete, has great instincts, grew up a Jets fan, and is a perfect fit.

11. Jetfan2k7

Jetfan2k7 New Member

I was expecting a DT like a lot of people but you can't blame the Jets for picking Kyle Wilson when he was one if the best players remaining. With this deep draft I think we can still get a good DE/DT in the second round. I Trust Rex!

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Rex Ryan said that he liked the D-line depth in the middle of the draft and that he wanted a player he could use in nickel packages. Possible blueprint?

13. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

so true dline now has extra half second to get to qb

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Just too add...

Football's Future #2 rated CB in draft
    The NE Pats Mock had him rated higher then McCourty
    NFL Draft 101 has him #2 CB

The guy also ran a 4.43 40...weren't people drooling over Haden's time and it is nearly identical?

15. Cribb

Cribb New Member

No complaints with Kyle Wilson. Was expecting a DT or would have liked to see Jerry Hughes, but Wilson is a player and another weapon for Rex to use.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I literally couldn't have been happier with any other prospect today. Even Graham.

17. CheapJersey

CheapJersey New Member

I love the pick. There will be Pass Rushers next year, but next year a top CB is not going to fall to 29 (Or 32)

18. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

This pick makes complete sense, why?

DREW COLEMAN.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME..

Nuff said

19. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

What's great about this pick too, is that if Cromartie didn't already have enough inspiration to play balls out this year, this definately lit a big fire under his ass as well. If we can just bulk up both the lines(Especially D) with the rest of the draft I'll be psyched. I also think Lowery will keep getting better, he's right on the cusp of being a good back. If it's one thing Rex know's it's D backs, have complete faith in him. And no more Coleman, damn I hated him!

#139 Boba Jett, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

How nice was it to be in a position to pick the best player, not a certain position?