Keels is tweeting...about Cody and the Jets.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 22, 2010.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Keels is a moron and Cody's agent.

Agent tweets on Jets taking Cody, says he has no inside information

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 12:56 PM ET
    In a story that shows how excitable everyone in the football world is about every nugget of information that comes out on draft day, an agent re-tweeting a fan's speculation created a bit of a stir and caused the agent to quickly tweet a clarification.

Early Thursday afternoon, agent Alvin Keels re-tweeted something a fan wrote on Twitter about the New York Jets selecting nose tackle Terrence Cody (one of Keels' clients) in the first round.

Shortly after Keels' tweet, Steve Wyche of NFL.com said on NFL Network, "Alvin Keels, the agent for Terrence 'Mount' Cody, says the Jets are going to take Cody in the first round. . . . That fits. They need that nose tackle, I mean Kris Jenkins is coming off that injury. You get a big body in there, it makes all the sense in the world. Now, do we know if the Jets are definitely going to take him? Maybe, maybe not. But I tell you, that's somebody that could go late in the first round, early in the second. He's somebody who could be right there in the first round."

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi then chimed in that the Cody pick could make sense, or that the Dolphins could trade down with the Cowboys and take Cody with the Cowboys' first-round pick, two spots ahead of the Jets.

But Keels then clarified that the whole discussion was based on nothing more than him re-tweeting something he saw a fan write.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm a fan of Cody. He eats, sleeps, and breathe football, so he's perfect for this team.

3. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I wanted Cody but now that I see Keels is his agent I'm not so sure

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He definitely eats!!

5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Key point.

I don't want Cody. I want a DT/DE with at least some hint of athleticism.

6. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

I'd like him if we traded down to get him. We've got Jenks and if/when he gets hurt Pouha can step in - he did a NICE job last year. I'm not against NT depth - just not in the first round. I think we'd be passing on too much pass rushing or O-line talent.

7. 624

624 Banned

I don't want Cody unless it was with our 2nd round pick then I'd consider it.

8. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

I like Cody alot and definitly wouldnt mind having him. But this defense needs a little more versitility with its dlineman considering Jenkins is still playing.

We need somebody like Cam Thomas or Joseph who can play end, while playing a couple snaps at NT as well, until Jenks retires. Cody can only play NT.

The only reason that idiot posted it, was to hope some team actually believes it and trades up to get Cody, therefore making his client more money.

#8 thebrickwall423, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think Cody would be an excellent fit in our system. He has the important things that we would be asking out of him already down pat, the other things are coachable. We need someone that can take on those double teams and be a solid run stopper in the middle.

Oh, added bonus, he can play FB for us as well. :)

10. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

We could use Cody at NT and allow Jenkins to play some at end and could used to spell Jenkins to allow Pouha to play some end. Big bodies on the line is what we need people that can take up 2 lineman. I really wouldn't mind 1st and 2nd picks being used on the Dline. Its easily IMO our weakest position.

11. XxceenxX

XxceenxX New Member

last year after jenks got hurt.Rex went to his fathers 46 defense and placed 4 DLs in run situations.Something he can also do with jenks cody ellis and taylor.....Just the fact that cody is overrated for a first rounder kills me.So if tanny can move up in round 2 and select him and in round 1 grab best player (dunlap,kindle).He would be a geniuus..

12. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Cody can only be used at NT. He doesn't offer the versatility to the line that players like Linval Joseph offer.

I don't really like Cody that much. I wouldn't mind him, but all he really does is take up space because he's so fat. He doesn't really push the pocket or move his blockers much.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I love Cody and love even more the idea of him playing with and learning from Big Jenks. I think with Jenks's influence, Cody becomes a superstar!

That said- Keels is a fucking half-wit!

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Well, there goes Cody...

ALVIN!

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm an agent, I represent millionaires, I have to be professional at all times..... i'll re-tweet somebullshit I saw some fan wrote.

Do other agents make fun of him?

16. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Facebook??

17. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

How can you not want a guy that dominated in the best conference in college football? Cody's a beast.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That is almost a certainty.

19. ........

........ Trolls

It wouldn't be the first time, either. There were a lot of people up in arms here over what turned out to be a RT from him a couple of weeks ago, too.

Congrats, Alvin. You and Sean Smith are the kings of RT in the NFL.

20. jgangstahippie7:18

I wouldn't mind Cody, because I think the good talent will be off the board at 29. Cody has a big upside.
    Imagine if a team drafted both Cody and Tebow. They would have the ultimate goal-line offense.