Sergio Kindle

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jetfanmack, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Just saw WalterFootball.com's mock have him going early in round 2. I haven't heard a lot of talk about him, but if he's there at 29, we'd probably have to take him, right?

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I think NE grabs him with #22. I'd def be happy with him at 29.

3. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Been waiting for someone to create a thread on Kindle, thanks! I think he'd be the perfect fit for the Jets this year. He's probably the premier pass rusher in the draft... experience at both OLB and DE.

In the national championship game this year he recorded 4 tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks. That he's able to preform on the big stage speaks well about his potential under the NYC spotlight and under Rex Ryan. If he falls to 29 this is a no brainer IMO. I would even be okay with the jets trading up a bit to keep the patriots from getting a shot at him.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He would be a very easy pick at 29 if the staff wanted a pass rusher.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He's a good alternative pick in the first round but I'm beginning to doubt that we go pass rusher early on. After the 3rd round gap there's a better chance of us drafting someone to compete with the Ghost, I think.

6. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

7. steve-jets08

steve-jets08 New Member

i said this once and ill say it again for the last time, defensive line with our first pick or i will flip the fuck out and hate the jets forever, no ifs ands or buts about it

8. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Thats such a retarded way to look at the draft. Could you name a prospect you would like us to draft? Because there is only about 3 DL who we could pick that wouldn't be reaching.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Will you become a Giants fan?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

considering most of your posts are made up "DL or I flip out" this doesn't surprise me.

perhaps you need to take a different approach regarding the draft.

11. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

So if there aren't any worth taking at 29 you would rather reach for a defensive linemen instead of taking one in the second round?

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Sergio Kindle has great tools, I wish his production was a little higher. However, even if he is not a the next Demarcus Ware as a pass rusher I'm pretty confident he would be a good outside linebacker with 5-7 sack potential and good in coverage

13. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I'm not going to bash you for what you are saying, but try to look at it a different way. We are for once actually in a very good position this year, where we really don't have any detrimental holes to fill. When we drafted Brick/Mangold, we had about 5 spots on our team where a first/second rounder could come right in and be a starter. This year, we are not necessarly drafting for depth, but there are no true holes that NEED to be filled with a first round pick.

We could use an upgrade over Brian Thomas and Mike DeVito/Ellis, but it's not like we need to reach if the value isn't there. If we draft an OL, WR, or S it's because the value is better than that of the remaining DE or OLB prospects.

I also would like to draft DE or OLB- Odrick is my #1 realistic choice at 29, with Jerry Hughes a close second. But I'll tell you what, if Earl Thomas, Iupiti, or Ryan Mathews was there at 29, I would not have any problem taking them, even though OLB and DE are bigger needs.

Keep in mind, our second round pick will also be a good player, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us move up a few spots if someone like Ricky Sapp was there in the mid 50's. A guy like that could easilly come in and take reps from Bryan Thomas in year one, and probably replace him by year two.

We will have a good shot at these guys in the first two rounds--

J Odrick, J Hughes, E Thomas, R Mathews and at least two out of Tate, Thomas, Bryant, Benn at WR will all have a reasonable chance of being there at 29.

R Sapp, M Gilyard, C Thomas, Alualu, Carrington, Damian Williams as well as several S and RB prospects from a very deep class.

No need to pigeon hole in this years draft- we are in a very good position to draft BPA without reaching. Can't wait- 3 weeks away!

14. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I'd be pretty psyched if we got Sergio Kindle in the first round.

Then we could take a free safety (Burnett/Jones/Jones) or DE (Alualu/Carrington/Jones) in the 2nd.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

From what I have been reading this guy gets taken well before the Jets. So yeah if he is there hell yeah I hope they take him.

16. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

He seems somewhat on the small side..no? i mean does he have the frame to add some bulk.... and how well does he hold up against the run? jw

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Kindle's 6'3 250. That's definitely big enough. He's got a good frame to add weight if need be.

I've heard numerous times that this kid is better than Brian Orakpo, who's been a special player so far in this league.

Kindle's all-around game is so much stronger than Jerry Hughes'.

Late edit: Kindle's probably the best run stopping 3-4 OLB in this class. The guy doesn't quit on a play.

#17 Mr Electric, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Nah, he's a measured 6'3, 250. He's a big boy, he just carries that weight with a tremendous frame. He's just built like rock.

19. steve-jets08

steve-jets08 New Member

douchbags, there is a need , dont act like ur a new fan of the team, defensive end that can make an impact is a must for this team , pretend ur not giants and patriots fans

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Whoa, whoa, whoa...watch it cowboy.

I'm absolutely positive that everyone here knows we have get younger on both lines, but this draft is deep enough to go after a 3-4 defensive end later. The talent in the second round will be incredible.