LT Arrives, Gets In a Workout at the Complex (NYJ.com Blog)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Mar 19, 2010.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I agree, and while we'll never know for sure, I just don't think TJ comes back with the same desire for the Jets. Even he got his money I could see him not being anywhere near as willing to 'backup' Greene. This signing could be the epitome of a change of scenery doing wonders for a player. Having said that, I could just as easily see LT pouting around if he was still in SD...

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

So Shonn Greene isn't young or talented?

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Um, Shonn Greene? Leon Washington?

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fixed that for you.

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

What the? I'm very confused.... :eek:hmy:

Shonn Greene....

Did you watch the 09 playoffs?

6. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

While Shonn Greene is talented, if we stick to the "Ground and Pound" offense, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we added another body (or two) to the backfield. Shonn and Leon have proven that they are breakaway threats. What I'd like to see is that bull type back (between the tackles) to wear the opposition down. That would allow Shonn and Leon to perform their magic latter in the game. Add to that the possibility of injuries with this type of offense (both Shonn and Leon were hurt last season) and I think you'll understand why I'd feel more comfortable with a little more depth at that position.

Now I know that Shonn is projected to be our "Ground and Pound" guy but last season he WAS dinged up early. Maybe an off-season with an NFL training/conditioning program has helped but I'd feel more comfortable with another guy back there who could carry the load for a while, just in case.

As an added note, I have this weird feeling that Leon will not be with the Jets for an extended period of time (one, two seasons max) and maybe it's time to start grooming his replacement as I said before, just in case.

7. Fakterx

Fakterx New Member

#27 Fakterx, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene is more than capable of pounding the rock between the tackles and wearing the defense down. Whether or not he can stay healthy is the question. He's far more of a "pounder" than Jones ever was.

9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

This is exactly my concern which is why I'd like to add another RB to the stable. I do not want to relive the Colts game where he got hurt and we had NOBODY behind him that could pick up the load. I just don't see LT being able to do that at this point in his career.

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Do me a favor and name the 4th RB on any team not named the Jets. If you can do that, then ask yourself if that guy is of any real consequence to that offense or can his job easily be done by another RB. Off the top of my head, I can name one, and the answer is yes, he's incredibly easily replaceable. My point is, 3 capable RBs is PLENTY in this league. If an injury occurs, you hope someone steps up in that player's place. But you don't go crazy drafting/signing RB after RB. A #4 RB should be practically worthless.

11. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

If our top 3 RBs all go down, then I think I'd have written the season off regardless of who our #4 RB is.

12. Tomlinson

Tomlinson New Member

LT has always worked out as hard as he could during the offseason. This is a quote back from an article when Reggie Bush came to practice with LT prior to when Bush was drafted:

"Twenty minutes into his session with last year's league MVP and Tomlinson's personal trainer, Todd Durkin, at Durkin's Fitness Quest 10 training facility in suburban San Diego, Bush got sick.

Even though Bush threw up, he never gave up, impressing L.T. with his resolve."

13. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Really? Maybe he can give Greene some pointers on how to properly do his end zone pose.

14. Prea

Prea New Member

What makes you think he won't start pouting if things go wrong with the jets? Maybe the change of scenery will give him a change of attitude, but the guy has gone sour anytime things don't go his way the past 4 years. (2006 playoffs, 2007 KC game, 2007 playoffs, 2009 broncos game, 2009 playoffs, on the radio after the jets game)

and a photoshopped (i think) pic of LT's helmet jets style
    [​IMG]

#34 Prea, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Another was totally what I meant.

Was just the way I was thinking in my head I was thinking someone behind LT on the depth chart lol.

Someone we would draft and likely wouldnt see significant action until after LT is out of here.

And yeah to the LW thing, I really dont see him playing for us next year.

16. Nickel Defense

Nickel Defense New Member

LT is listed as #21 on the roster, but so is Lowery yet.

newyorkjets.com/team/roster

I hope he gives Lowery a nice breitling or a mid range kia for making the switch.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bottle of Dom and a hooker who will suck the black off of his dick would be a nice gesture.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea Greene reminds me a lot of Jones Drew with his low power running style. He doesnt have the longest shelf life but hes not Brandon Jacons.. I hope.

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Thank you.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]