Cromartie Eager for Fresh Start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Mar 6, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Cromartie Eager for Fresh Start with New York Jets

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-cromartie&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

sounds good....call me crazy but i wouldnt mind resigning lito to A LOT cheaper deal and make him our number 3 or 4.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Glad to see that he is saying all the right things right now. My favorite parts:
    -looking forward to working out with Revis and learning from him
    -acknowledging that he fucked up royally on Greene's TD run
    -working on getting better at that

4. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

This move is like the lito sheppard trade. You are expecting him to return to previous pro bowl form. That may or may not happen. Its a boom or bust trade in my mind.

What separate Cromartie from Lito is that he has been much more durable. Aside from the ACL tear his last year at FSU, he has suited up for every nfl game, and started every nfl game the last 2 years.

When u combine his durability with his exceptional skill set (no corner has the pure size, speed, and athleticism he posseses), he is an exciting possibility.

What I do like about him is that he can match up with Randy Moss. This allows the jets to put revis on welker. This will really make it tough for the pats offense to do anything against the jets. I think Cromartie is what can help the jets beat the pats twice and win the division.

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

you make a good point. i remember how everyone was excited and pumped when get got lito. the difference is though cromartie is much younger then lito and cromarties best year was better then litos best. and cro has better ability and better potential then lito

6. GreenMachine

do not forget, Crom was best when the Chargers Blitzed alot and let him play man....

7. skeleton_frames

It should be interesting. Cromartie covers like Deion Sanders, tackles like Dionne Warwick.

But if he buys into the system he'll get a ton of picks due to the pressure.

8. CatoTheElder

On the surface I can agree that it looks similar, but Cromartie is not as far removed from his top form as Lito was. Given Cromartie's age it could be that only a change of scenery is all he needs.
    His durability is an instant upgrade over Lito's. No doubt about that.
    Exactly! If the Jets can get a pass rusher in the drat who can get to Brady then this team could easily dominate the division. Most GMs would agree that you build your team to win within your division and this team, on paper, is set up to take down the Patriots.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

You mean youll have Cromartie on Moss and Revis on Aiken ? Adler? whatever the hell that guys name is. Welkers gonna miss a chunk of the season, and is very doubtfully going to be in top form when he returns. And then Moss plans on playing for a new team in the near future (according to him)

And I totally thought this post was gonna be about Cromartie posting something on Twitter.

We gotta get him and Revis having bunk beds or something. With Revis mentoring him and the Jets pass rush id love to see how good Cro can get.

On a side note. Have 2 CBs from the same team ever both been pro bowl starters in the same year ? .

10. revis024

revis024 New Member

i think theirs a much better chance of it happening than with the lito trade. hes just an all around better talent then sheppard is honestly.

11. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

You could be right about that. I'm just planning worst case that welker does come back to form and is ready to play against the Jets. Tough to say especially since he tore is ACL and MCL.

If he isn't there then you put Revis on moss (i guess u could put cromartie on moss since he has the pure ability to match up with him and did it very well in the afc championship game in 08, but u know what you are getting with Revis), cromartie on who ever and

UNLEASH THE DOGS.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

This isnt true. His best season was when Cottrell was our DC and we played a lot of zone. He even dropped Merriman into coverage alot which we didnt like to see. we played man coverage too...every defense does but when Cottrell took over our defense wasnt as aggressive and it was with Wade Phillips and in fact the defense was pretty bad early on.

The difference is Cro was aggressive and he made some great INT's like that one handed leap of an INT of Peyton Manning that year. He was in zone coverage on that one so really it is up to Cromartie to get his head straight.

However, i wouldnt rule out a good season for him. If he can get his issues under control, he can play some ball and this is also a contract year and you know how players are in a contract year. I can guarantee that he will still be a puss though :grin:

13. CatoTheElder

That's cool, he'll be playing next to Leonhard anyway.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

As others have said, it is identical to the Lito trade. Sheppard didn't return to Pro Bowl form but I still don't think he played bad. I would like to bring Sheppard back at a cheaper price if at all possible.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Words and noise that's all it is at this point. When training camp starts and this pussy makes a real tackle you can then color me impressed. Anyone that intentionally quits to get their way doesn't get my respect. It does the opposite. I am going on record to say I am not liking this trade.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont see how its indentical.

Lito got shipped off because of chronic injuries.

Cro got shipped because there was outrage over 1 play.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I was speaking from the NYJ perspective. We acquired Lito with a conditional pick hoping he'd return to prior form with 1 year remaining on his contract. Same shit with Cro. Hopefully this one works out for us long term.

18. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Last time that happened i believe was '02 when Troy Nicet and Bobby Taylor made it for the Eagles. Revis is pretty much a lock to get it in and if Cromartie has a high interception total he could follow.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well call me Loco also.....

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

eh,i think i'd rather have strickland back.or lito and strickland and give lowry some looks at safety.