Note to Tanny & Rex: Don't let Thomas Jones go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

I just realized how great it was when you stopped posting here for a while.

It's not disloyalty; it's business. Jones will likely be replaced through the draft. Watch what he signs for and how he performs this season and tell me you think he was worth $6 million.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Posted this in another thread but it's significant for this one:

rotoworld.com

Jones clearly doesn't want to work for Tannenbaum. If I'm Tannenbaum, I don't want Jones to work for me.

3. HOI

HOI Active Member

I get the business aspect but a its only human nature to be emotional about things like this, if I was Jones...I would tell Tanny to go fuck himself.

4. revis024

revis024 New Member

too prideful? haha. thomas jones can fuck off.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1

time to wash our hands totally clean of this guy......screw your pride, Jones....

I hope he signs with the Chiefs....that shitty oline will expose him.

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Business my a$$! Woody Johnson has all the money in the world. You're telling me he can't sign a player for $6 million. Now, I could understand it if it were a cap problem, but there's no cap!

And believe me, you're lucky I post. You just want mind-numb robots that agree with you.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's probably less about the money than it is about the starting job at this point.

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

The Yankees know what to do in this situation, because they never have to face a cap problem. They just pay top dollar for the best tallent.

Woody, I guess, is a different animal. If I had his money, and I were the Jets, I would sign everyone now that I thought would help the team win the Super Bowl. And that includes Feely and Jones. But hey, that's just me.

Attention Woody, there's no cap!

9. abyzmul

YOUR RIGHT LET'S PAY EVERYBODY 500 BILLION DOLLARS WHOO HOOO HEY DAVID CLOWNEY LET'S HAVE A MONEY FIGHT YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

i

10. ........

........ Trolls

If you think the Jets have nearly as much marketing and licensing money coming in as the Yankees, you're clueless. Just because Woody HAS money doesn't mean he's going to make poor decisions and lose that money.

11. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

dude, you act as if he cannot be replaced. he was good, but we can do better, greene showed us all during the playoffs...especially the indy game. greene is our bowling ball runner, leon may not be the way he was, and there are some pretty good backs that we might land in the draft.....i personally like matthews who may be around when we pick on day two. besides he is not only the guy i like, and i'm sure that the personel department has a good one in their sights regardless of which round, if they choose to go that route.

12. CatoTheElder

I never thought it was about the money for Jones, it's all about pride. That whole "going with who is hot" in the playoffs was complete BS. Jones lost his job, plain and simple.

13. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

jones is not worth the money. our offense will get a little more comfortable with the pass, which will make greene, washington ( if he is here), and a younger,quicker back that much more dangerous as a running team. i'm willing to bet that our running game wont take a step back, and if we get the right guy in the draft for the second straight year, we will improve greatly.

14. CatoTheElder

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Okay, first of all, I don't think we can do better.

Second, I think he's worth the money, and it's not $500 billion that some wize-cracker mentioned :) And there is no cap, so that's not a problem. And if it's true that the Jets still want him, WTF? I'll say it again, cheapness and no loyalty. And I'll tell you what loyalty is -- Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden keep screwing up and the Yankees still have jobs for them. That's loyalty. The Jets are not the Yankees.

Third, I'm worried about injuries. Thomas Jones is extremely durable. The others are question marks.

Fourth, team presence in the locker room. People don't think that matters, but TJ brings it big time, and you can tell that by how many of his teammates spoke out against him being released.

Fifth, this guy is a no b-s kind of guy. He goes about his work, and he gets the job done. That's the kind of guy I want on my team.

He's old? He says he feels like a rookie. I bet he's telling the truth.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if $3 million is no big deal, call the Jets and tell them you want to donate $3 million to them to add to their offer to Jones so he'll come back.

if you don't have it, you probably aren't qualified to tell other people how they should spend their money.

17. RedWhiteBlue&Green

You're right, it's not my money. But I guess you'll have to say the same thing to everyone on this message board, every time they discuss how much money x player should receive. You'll be doing that to a lot of people, by the way. And if I look at your previous posts, I'd guess you'll probably be doing that to yourself sometime too.

18. abyzmul

Possibly, but there's at least a passing chance that JetBlue's posts about money would make sense.

19. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

We got $$$$$ to spend

Forbes 10 Most Valuable Teams in Sports

No. 5 New York Yankees
    Baseball
    $1.3 billion

No. 9 New York Jets
    Football
    $1.17 billion

20. CatoTheElder

^Then let's spend it on someone who actually has more than one season left.