Schien: Rhodes could be traded to Arizona

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Mar 3, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it would be safer than if he had to play them again.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Looks like either way, we are getting a good deal for Rhodes. I would prefer going with the proven vet. He's injury prone, but is still a great player and could really help the development of Sanchez.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Boldin has made some of the sickest catches I have seen in the past 2 years. AND his yards after catch is nice.

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Not buying. It has to be a 3 straight up. To get Boldin we would have to fork over a 2 or 3 with Rhodes

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's hard to pass up Boldin. If we didn't have Braylon and Jerricho, I'd go hard after Boldin. He's 30 and injury prone, but he's still productive.

But as the team sits now, there's no reason for us to bring in Boldin as a 3rd receiver AND pay him what he wants. None. That's why I want the 3rd. Plus, we don't have one, and I want Rex to bring in as many young guys to mold in his system as he can.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

I want a new sig.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Cards would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder. There isn't a big market for Boldin. He wants a big contract and teams think he's damaged goods.

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

whoa, Boldin for Rhodes would be awesome. We get a WR who loves contact and absolutely runs through people in exchange for a FS who shys away from contact and lets people run by him... sign me up. We would absolutely own the middle of the field, be it running the ball or short passes that Boldin, Keller and Cotch turn into YAC

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Here's food for thought. If there's no NFL in 2011 (God have mercy), Boldin would be over 30 in his second season here while a draft pick this year would still probably be under 25. Just another factor.

10. I don't believe this is a move we should over think. This is the chance to add an exceptional player to our football team for an extremely overrated and overpaid non impact player.

The reality is...we aren't gonna get by New England consistently or Indy EVER w/o an offense that can keep up. Bouldin and Edwards on the outside w/ cotchery in the slot and Keller at TE is downright scary. Nobody thought Moss/Welker/Stallworth would work and it was lethal. This has a chance to be just as good...w/ a great running game to boot

11. 624

624 Banned

Rhodes was the highest payed safety in the NFL in 2009...just saying.

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

We dont have a QB (right now) anywhere near Brady or Manning.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

If this is even possible I can't imagine Rhodes for Boldin straight up. There has to be some other dynamic involved here ... like Kellen and Rhodes for Boldin. Do the Cards think that high of Rhodes that they'd give up one malcontent for one that is afraid of contact?

The health issue is a concern but Boldin has always for the most part played through the pain.

It's a tough call but the extra pick would be really nice.

14. He's developing. And oh yeah..don't forget the talented O-line and running game. It's superior to that of both Indy and the pats

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Poll Thread on Boldin or 3rd rounder in 3. 2. 1...

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I have been thinking about it and I think this is the best option.

If you are Rex before the deal is struck, you get Cotchery and Edwards in your office and make a conference call with Boldin. Tell all 3 of them then and there, if its going to work, each guy is going to have to agree to take a step out of the limelight, because on certain weeks each guy is going to be featured, but in the end, its not about personal statistics, its about winning the lombardi.

Tell them, this gives our offense the potential to be merciless and combine that with Rex's wild and crazy defense, and I feel this gives us the best chance to win the super bowl. But in order to do so, the 3 of you need to put aside your egos and work together to become the greatest receiving combination in the history of the NFL.

Give Mark every reason to succeed next year, and you know he will.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Report: Cardinals want a third-round pick for Boldin
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2010 10:33 PM ET
    Cardinals G.M. Rod Graves has made it clear that his team is willing to trade wide receiver Anquan Boldin.

But what would it take to get Boldin out of Arizona?

Michael Lombardi reported on NFL Network that the Cardinals "only want a third-round pick" for Boldin. That's not too high a price for a starting wide receiver.

But, Lombardi said, the big sticking point is whether a team acquiring Boldin will be willing and able to fork over the money necessary to make Boldin happy. In other words, Boldin won't just cost a third-round pick. He'll cost a third-round pick plus a big new contract.

Boldin said after the season ended that he wouldn't request a trade. But the Cardinals may have come to the realization that their offense is just fine without him, and that they ought to get whatever they can for him. If what they can get is a third-round pick, the Cardinals would apparently be fine with that
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/report-cardinals-want-a-third-round-pick-for-boldin/
    so i think this ends the boldin debate

18. Santiago

Santiago New Member

The pick would be better, naturally, but even if it was Boldin we could bounce him right along to the Jaguars or Dolphins or whoever needs a WR for a pick of theirs.

Rhodes has potential, but he needs a change of scene. Let's get what we can trading him and move on

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Sample of Possible 3rd Prospects (via Rapid Fire Thread)

Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama
    Chris Cook, CB, Virginia- (IMO he will move into the 2nd,great combine, Id replace him here with Jordan Shipley, WR ,Texas)
    Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama
    Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
    Corey Wootton, DE Northwestern
    Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
    Tyson Alualu, DE, California
    Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas St
    Morgan Burnett S, Georgia Tech
    Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
    Major Wright, S, Florida
    Jacoby Ford, WR, Clemson
    Mike Neal, DT, Purdue
    Dexter McCluster, RB, Mississippi
    Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan
    Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
    Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
    Thaddeus Gibson, LB, Ohio State
    Darrell Stuckey, S, Kansas
    Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    Matt Tenant, C, Boston College
    Dekoda Watson, LB, Florida State
    Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana of Pennsylvania
    Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
    Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
    Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
    Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
    Myron Rolle, S, Florida State
    A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
    Anthony Hernandez, TE, Florida

Compared to Boldins Numbers the Past 3 season-

Rec Yrds YPG Avg Lg TD 1st YAC Trgtd
    71 853 71.1 12.0 44 9 43 372 99

89 1038 86.5 11.7 79 11 56 595 126

84 1024 68.3 12.2 44 4 49 375 127

Depends on what you'd have more confidence in IMO. Either hopefully getting your young guy in the 3rd or Getting a Above Solid WR.

#99 JohnnyThaJet, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

^don't forget jordan shipley who appears to be white enough to be the next chrebet