Got RROD....suggestions?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by vinnumber13, Feb 10, 2010.

1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

hey, my brother got the RROD on his xbox360. he bought it from my friend over a year ago so it warrenty is no good. anyone know what he can do? will gamestop take it for some credit for a new system? hes only 16 and without a job so he cant just afford a new one. and im not springing for him.

this is why i perfer my ps3...

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I thought they extended the warranty on xbox 360s to cover the RROD. Anyway, if he can't send it back, I would recommend getting an Xbox 360 Arcade. They have been on sale very often. Walmart had a special where you would get a $100 gift card if you bought one, so essentially you got it for only $100. Plenty of stores (Amazon, Bestbuy, ToysRUs) have run similar promotions.

3. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

www.360-pros.com

they repaired my xbox for me, included a 30 day warranty. I've had it back for about a year now.....zero problems... a little louder then before though

4. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

How long ago did your friend get that Xbox?

I bought an Xbox Pro set back in 06, and I got the RROD in 08. I didn't pay for any extra warranty or anything, and Xbox told me they covered the RROD problem anytime within 3 years after the purchase date. So if your friend bought it less than 3 years ago, you may be in luck..

What's also good is that after they fix it and send it back to you, they renew the original warranty. So after I got my Xbox back in 08, I'd be covered for RROD for another 3 years free of charge. Sure enough, in 09 I got it again...lmaoo...

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

it was less then three years ago but we dont have a receipt or anything so xbox wont take it right?!

6. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I think all you may need to do is register the console on the Xbox repair site using the serial number you find on the back of the Xbox. Once you do that, it'll give you a screen telling you the warranty status of the Xbox, and if it's less than 3 years after the purchase date, I'm pretty sure they cover the RRoD repair for free. Plus, when you get the Xbox back, they give you a free month of Xbox Live Gold.

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

lol@xbox. ive watched my friends consoles drop like flies to rrod.

8. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

thanks guys for all the help. i am going to look into all your suggestions. ill let you know how it turns out

9. rillo

rillo New Member

Walmart switch worked for me.