Uhhh Ut ohh.. Locker Room Disgust

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, Mar 2, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...s/sports/football/jets+(Sports/Football/Jets)

After this entire year of chemistry, and 'you take out one of our guys we will take two of yours' talk this could fuck things up a bit. Yeah I know they are professionals, but they are also uh ya know 'family' in that locker room also. Hopefully Rex can get his ass in there and get everybody in line.

This was a big gamble on the field, and emotionally for the Jets.

I for one would of loved to see playing time be divided 50% Shonn Greene, 25% TJ, and 25% Leon. More pressure on Marcus Sanchise nao.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

they left one quote out:

Shonn Greene: "Great! Let the ol bastard go, and send some of his jack my way"

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Given the cap (or lack of) situation and FA restrictions, they should've kept him this season, albeit at an inflated price tag for his role, then sent him along next season.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't think Jones was a happy camper when it came to a reduced role. Too much ego/pride there. And why not. Someone will probably give him a starting paycheck.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This is one move i do not understand, especially given the uncapped year.

6. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

The owner wants to make money. That's the bottom line.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

How about 5.8 Million dollars for 1 year for a 32 year old RB that has clearly shown he doesn't have the acceleration any longer to hit the open hole.

I loved TJ....great teammate, tireless worker...but the salary structure and age pushed him off the team.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I would've loved TJ to stay but 6 MILL for a guy working in a 3 RBBC backfield?

Sure the Jets should've rewarded his great season but not by paying him 2 or 3 times what he is worth! I'm sure TJ will be lucky to find a contract in the 3 mill range...

I think the guy is a leader but he also is too much prideful... he was smart he'd have restructured with the Jets by taking a 2 mill paycut...

9. stinkyB

My guess is a happy unified team that goes on another successful run will make more $$ than what they let go in Jones's bonus.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't know how much stock you can put into a comment made by an anonymous player.....but if it's true...there's some obvious disdain over Gholston still being on the roster.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this whole "uncapped" thing is a little misleading.Almost all the owners and gm's have said they are operating as if there were a cap.They are not going to throw money everywhere because there are no limits.To do otherwise would give the players an incentive not to agree to a cap in the next cba.

That said,if T.J. wants to come back I'm sure the doors open at the right price.

12. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Guarantee you the player was Faneca. This is not a good move and the reporter from the Bergen Record outlined the reasons why:

"Greene, a hard-charging 5-11, 226-pounder, has been anointed Jones’ heir. He showed great promise as a rookie last season, rushing for an NFL postseason-high 304 yards and two touchdowns on 54 carries (5.6-yard average). He ran for 540 yards and two touchdowns on 108 carries in the regular season. His blend of power and speed is tantalizing, as seen in his postseason touchdown runs of 39 and 53 yards against the Bengals and Chargers, respectively.

But Greene also raised a couple of red flags last season. The third-round pick out of Iowa was slowed by ankle and rib injuries in training camp and was knocked out of the AFC Championship Game against the Colts with bruised ribs, effectively shutting down the Jets’ ground game. At the forefront will be whether he can handle the pounding of a 16-game schedule with his no-nonsense style.

Also, Greene struggled with holding on to the ball. He lost three fumbles in his first 71 carries and developed a reputation as a fumbler. The organization was baffled by Greene’s fumbling woes because he coughed the ball up just twice in 307 carries as a senior in college.

By comparison, Jones, a 10-year pro, has displayed durability throughout his career — he hasn’t missed a game in the past four seasons — and he fumbled just twice in 331 carries last season. He didn’t lose either one."

In this league, you do need 3 running backs...also, TJ was a stout blitz blocker. This is not a good move, regardless of the money.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'd be pissed too if one of my teammates has made 21 Mill. in guaranteed money and is totally worthless.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I can see why everybody hates him... he shows no emotion whatsoever... he just doesn't want it!!!

PS as fart as TJ, I think it's also important to know how much money the Jets asked him to leave on the table... if they offered him to restructure at 4 mill a season it's TJ's fault he's not here... if they asked him to take 2 mill a season it's Tanny who's being a cheap ass...

15. stinkyB

This......

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You seem to be under the assumption that we aren't going to pick up another runningback.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i totally agree.

i just hope this is rectified before Rex has to deal with a mutiny.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Really? If its not my money and I'm being paid fair,it's really not my business to have any emotion over what a fellow co-worker is making.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Dude you left out a very imp part of the article!!!

Unbeknown to those outside the team, Jones was told with about two weeks left in the regular season that his role was being reduced, sources said. Some believe that, even though he never complained publicly, it crushed Jones and may have had an adverse effect on his performance.

Why the hell would they do that!?!?!?

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love all the "love" for him now-

In the beginning of the season most of the board wanted him gone anyway.

Towards the end the same attitude was mostly present here.

I love TJ, honestly with the Salary he was going to get I'm glad he's gone. Shonn and Leon can do more damage as a duo then TJ and SG.