Shonn Greene Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Mar 2, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Shonn Greene era begins as NY Jets say goodbye to Thomas Jones

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/shonn_greene_era_begins_as_ny.html

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hope TJ doesn't go to the Pats, but they make a lot of sense for him, as does San Diego.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol that article is pawning Jones to the Pats.

4. CalgaryJet

CalgaryJet Member

he will be missed but this is the nature of the nfl... I hope to god he doesnt go to the pats. Lets roll with Greene I cant wait to get him for my fantasy team, and use him in madden lol

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

HA I hope Jones goes to the pats, they can have him and his 3.5YPC. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of Jones in his tenure as a Jet, but I think he has just ran out of gas to last a 16 game season and potentially 4 more playoff games. He falls after any type of contact in this point of his career.

Maybe he can run behind his old friend Anthony Clement next year, WATCH OUT!!!

The pats seems pretty complacent the past few years just attempting to "stick it" to the Jets by picking up at least 1 or 2 players we release. And they can keep on doing that for all I care, it'll help us more than them.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Chris Baker sure came back to haunt us.

7. CuttingEdgeNY

CuttingEdgeNY Banned

Hopefully he can carry the load. I just don't trust the combo of Greene and Washington to be "workhorses."

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

I just have a horrible feeling about letting TJ go. I understand the $$ aspect but theres no cap this year so whats the big deal? How much are we paying that lump of shit Vern this year? If Shonn has to miss any large amount of time...(4 weeks +) we're gonna be fucked. I get that we'll pick up a free agent but I dont think TJ will be as easily replaced as some are thinking.

I dont feel good about this move at all.

9. The biggest assumption is that Leon will be Leon again. I'm praying for this, but who knows if his speed and start/stop abilities will be diminished significantly? IMO, Greene will become one of the NFL's premier backs.

10. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i think we will be fine. i think tj is out of gas. i loved him here but its time to move on and get younger and better. just because he had a great year doesnt mean that he will be the same next year. remember martin won the rushing title and then retired after the next season. i know his knee was shot but age played a part in it too.

11. All Star

All Star Active Member

12. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

TJ was a workhorse...alot like CMart, but better at finding the end zone. We are going to miss him. I know we have alot of potential in Greene and Washington, but there's something said to know you are going to gain 75 yds a game with a score, day in -- day out. That said against good defenses, he was shut out.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

no one knows more about TJ than the jets.

let TJ explore the open market (along with LT and westbrook). TJ wants an expensive contract that the jets won't sign. By releasing him, we are giving him the op to shop his services to the other 31 teams.

of course he will get a few offers, probably low ball offers that the jets may beat by a few hundred K to get him back at a price we can all live with. Tanny would love to have him back at a reasonable price.

if this scenario pans out, at least TJ will know the jets are willing to pay him more than any other team, even if it's not all he had hoped for.

14. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

TJ just had his most successful year in his career. One of the most successful years in Jets history. If he re-signs with the Jets for less money -- I believe roster + salary was less than 6M -- I will eat my shoe.

15. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Lets go Greene!

#15 Jets007, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I really don't give a fuck where Jones lands. Every time you hear about an aging RB being cut they are automatically linked with New England. New England doesn't scare me or anyone anymore and their offensive line isn't nearly as good as ours. Go for it TJ.

I'm all for the Greene/Washington tandem.

17. 624

624 Banned

You are supposed to get rid of the player right before they decline, not after.

The Jets obviously feel like Jones will begin to decline rapidly.

18. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

I couldnt see that happening. Then the pats would have three Running backs on the roster over 30.

Fred Taylor
    Kevin Faulk
    Thomas Jones

Doubt the pats offer him a contract. Theyre looking to to get younger and better. Younger then Taylor and Faulk, and way better the Maroney. TJ to the pats wouldnt make sense.

19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

And then he broke down with an Injury in the playoffs. When we needed him most against the Colts, he fell down. He's 32, and he's going to hit that wall next year.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

My only problem with Greene is is he really a good back or does our great OL make him look that way.