Mount Cody

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SyracuseJet, Feb 24, 2010.

1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

So, I don't come in here often, if this topics already been discussed, sorry.

Since the pass rush and WR depth is so good this year, why not go after another DT like Cody? I know he's a pudge, but we need him to take up space and occupy blockers, and he can do that. PLus, our D weakness was the run game. Any of you draft dudes.....fill me in

2. 624

624 Banned

Mount Cody was a huge topic of discussion a month or two ago, but people just stopped talking about him lately. Probably because he weighed in at like 400 pounds a few weeks ago....but he is very talented and I wouldn't mind to have him here being tutored by Jenkins.

3. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

At this point we could probably select him in the 2nd round

4. 624

624 Banned

The Jets definitely could not get Cody in the 2nd, not even your Giants probably and they pick 14 spots higher then us.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cuse, if you use the search function and looked for threads on Cody, you'd probably find a lot.

This thread probably has the best information on the guy - http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=53952

There isn't much depth at receiver, but our team isn't in need of a big time WR...we just need a slot guy, so we could be able to fill that hole later in the draft.

I think our defensive line will be okay, especially if Pouha becomes a versatile defensive lineman...he should see reps at end and nose in 2010. DeVito is also a solid rotational end. I'd really like to see a few defensive linemen brought in through free agency and through the draft.

In my opinion, Cody is the best nose prospect to enter the draft in quite some time. He was absolutely dominant in the best conference in college football. SEC teams like to run the football, and Cody's Tide didn't allow them to do that.

Mount Cody is supposed to be fat, and some people don't understand that.

I posted this when a few posters were bashing him about his weight:

#5 Mr Electric, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I don't know it really depends on his weight its going to make or break, if he shows up to the combine and has his weight down maybe its going to make or break him I think he is a late to mid round 2nd round pick. But I could possibly, slim as it is, that he does fall to the late 2nd

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm expecting Cody to be gone by the time the JETS pick

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

IMO Cody will be picked in the top 10 of the 2nd round.

Man, I sooo hope we trade down a bit!

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

back to an earlier quandry who is the better prospect overall Dan Williams or Mount Cody?

10. xxDebo9

xxDebo9 New Member

If Cody gets his weight under wraps, and can weigh in at about 360 and KEEP it like that, he'll be a top 20 pick, and could go top 15

11. Cody is a fantastic 2 gap nose prospect.

My only concern with him in terms of being a Jet, is if you watch the DL closely in Rex's scheme..it is not a true 2 gap. Rex preaches penetration,disruption and shooting gaps...it almost has a 1 gap feel to it. I guess you could call it "1.5 gap" scheme.If you watch Cody he is definitely an immoveable object in the middle...but he doesn't get a ton of penetration and is incapable of shooting into the backfield off the snap.

In comparison, Jenkins is just as big and stout..but he can also shoot gaps and shed blocks to cause chaos in the backfield...which is what Rex loves...backfield disruption. I'm sure Cody would help our defense..but i don't think he's the no brainer slam dunk pick when you consider Rex's scheme.

A guy I like that would fit our scheme well: Arthur Jones out of Cuse.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I like Arthur Jones for this scheme a lot too...Jones is going to take a free fall though. Not participating in the combine because of that injury is going to kill his draft stock.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I thought he looked good at the combine and I'm sorta back to wanting him to be the 29th overall pick. I just really think we need to have someone behind big Jenks for the future. Not only that, but think of the mentoring Jenks could give him on the importance of keeping your weight under control.

14. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

No pro day either. Hes a helluva player so this is good for us, we could easily get him in the 3rd at this point.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Cody's Pro Day

per Rotoworld.com

I'd still like to see this guy on a line with Big Jenks......it would almost be unfair.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm still high on this kid.

You give him the weight incentive contract that Jenkins has, and he stays at one weight and kicks ass for you in the middle.

big fuckers like this don't come around too often.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Yeah, I saw that, too.

First of all, I was concerned that the reason Cody didn't lift at the combine was because he knew he would disappoint. 32 reps kinda blows out that theory.

AND he keeps losing weight? Damn. He'll be tough to pass up at 29.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Some may call me crazy, come late April, Cam Thomas' stock could push him into late rd 1.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I still think Dan Williams and Terrence Cody are ahead of him. Thomas is definitely flying up boards, but I don't think he'll make it into the first. That'd be crazy though.

The only way I could see this happening is if Dan Williams and Mount Cody are both selected before the mid-twenties of the first round.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the only red flag i get from Cody...isn't football related. His agent is........get ready for it.

ALVIN KEELS!