MLB2K10 Demo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Feb 23, 2010.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

MLB2K10 Demo is out...

2. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

It's pretty good. Looks wise it's probably the best baseball title I've seen. I judge baseball games pretty much entirely on franchise mode though, so the demo doesn't really tell me a whole lot.

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

have you ever heard of the show? best baseball titled you've seen?

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

2K is absolute garbage.

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Are you getting The Show? We gotta play that sometime

6. devilonthetownhallroof

I said looks wise, and, at least in the demo, 2K10 is a beautiful game. As far as gameplay, I've never played The Show because I hate Playstation but I'm sure it has problems of its own. But when compared to the abortion that was 2K9 I'm sure it seemed flawless. I have hope for 2K10 though, and even the early previews have said there is a huge improvement.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Every year. That is my game....

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i'll have to play the show sometime. i played the versions that game out for ps2 and they were pretty awesome. after playing a bit of 2k9 i don't know if i can be bothered to even try 2k10.

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Except for those of us w/o a PS3, Show > 2K

10. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

MVP 05>The Show>2K

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

mvp 05 is almost as overrated as nfl 2k5. both are remembered through very rose colored glasses. don't get me wrong i have played both and they are very good games, but they both had issues.

12. desert swordz

Every game has issues. It's been 5 fucking years and it's just a damn shame that either of 2K or the Show haven't been able to make some aspects of their baseball sim as good as MVP had made it.

The Show is a pretty good baseball game though. There's no denying that.

I had hope for 2K when I heard that they stole some of EA's MVP Baseball creators, but was saddened to see that the past 2 versions of the game have been utter shit despite this.

13. devilonthetownhallroof

What specifically from MVP would you like to see?

14. desert swordz

Obviously the graphics weren't the best back then, but the player movements/animations were great, the gameplay was very smooth and realistic, as well as simple, yet effective, and fun. You could finish an entire game in about 15-20 minutes, so you could run out about 3 games in an hour whereas the games today, you have to give about 45 minutes to complete a single game, just because everything that has to do with the game is so slow (ie pitch windups, batting interfaces, and this isn't even talking about any annoying cutscenes).

Anyways, I can't really explain it better than: it looks like how baseball was supposed to look like, and it played great, and it's fun. I remember playing 2K like, last year, and I picked up the ball in the outfield and threw it infield, except that my player's body was oriented in one direction, and when the throw came out, it went in the complete opposite direction. It was a WTF moment, as I don't know if that throw is even physically possible in real life.

Everything about MLB 2K feels choppy and robotic. The Show has always been heading in the right direction, but there are still a few things about that game that irk me too, one of them being having to devote too much time to a single game.

15. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I tried the demo. All I can say is it definately improved over 2k9

16. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

espn nfl 2k5 was and still is the best football game ever hands down..

MVP 05 was good and was sadden when they didn't make anymore games but The Show blows it out of the water. Good thing we have The Show because the 2k series is garbage

17. jgangstahippie7:18

Yeah MVP 2005 is the best baseball game, I ever played! I loved how great it was to simulate the season. I would use the righty and lefty spilts to create epic splits.

18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Just saw a commercial on TV advertising that the first player to pitch a perfect game will win 1 million bucks. Really interested to find out how long it will take someone to do it and with what pitcher. Cool contest though

19. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Just a marketing plot to get people to actually spend money on the game. I'd give a month before someone wins it.

20. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

if it is true there are probably some stipulations like with a certain pitcher which would probably be really shitty vs a team like the yankees on the hardest difficulty. given all that it will most likely take someone a couple hours or so