If we didn't get Sanchez last draft........?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No, hes not great, not yet. BUT RAY Fuckin CHARLES knows that he'll be a great if he continues learning at the rate he has been.
    Hes just had one of THE best ever career starts for a rookie and towards the end of the season started to look composed and focused.
    Clausen may well go onto be a great QB also, but right now we know what we have, so playing by Madden rules and we go and trade for Clausen, whos to say that hes going to adjust to NFL life? You'd gamble that would you?

2. aaron

aaron New Member

so.. it's ok for you to predict clausen being a good qb, but it's wrong for others to predict that sanchez will be a good qb? awesome.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's hard to take someone seriously, let alone someone like you who presents no evidence or even a full on explanation on why Clausen is better then Sanchez, not once in this topic have you put out any details to make your opinion stronger, I think you just have a thing for players that look like neanderthals

I myself question Clausen's leadership and maturity, there was a guy just like him in the past, J.P. Losman, an undergraduate coming to the NFL that thought he was better then everyone else and was just plain cocky (ESPN commented on this and I tend to agree to a certain point)

I question his potential, he already has been playing in the same system, he may not have any more room to improve, everything about him just seems that he will be a decent QB, but not a leader on the field like Sanchez is, Sanchez may not be the most physically talented guy, but the dude wants to improve and get better every week, he's never completely satisfied and is a proven leader, i'll take that over some padded stats in college any day of the week

But if you want to talk physical, I don't think he's as accurate as Sanchez is, i've seen plays where he would just throw it up to Floyd or Tate, and the ball would just seemingly stay in the air, just extremely flat, he's got an arm no doubt dude can sling the ball, but that doesn't seem good enough, sounds Cutlerish I don't want a cocky guy like that on my team

Yeah we can say but he threw 20 picks, I didn't expect him to improve, it's not what you do in your first year it's how you improve and become a better player and a piece to that superbowl puzzle for your team, I see a lot more upside in Sanchez then Clausen

Out of all these QBs coming out (this draft and last), Sanchez will at least at best be the 2nd best QB coming out, him and Stafford are going to battle out the #1 spot, just not sold on Bradford / McCoy and their durability

4. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Colt McCoy is the greatest name for a QB... ever.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

FYP.

(filler)

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

Colt Brennan sounds just as fitting. Maybe it's just naming your son Colt.

7. Nickel Defense

Nickel Defense New Member

good thing there isn't a Colt Manning, the leauge would be in real trouble.

8. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Last year, somebody on ESPN made an analogy saying if McCoy, Bradford, Sanchez and Tebow were in the same car, Sanchez would be driving. Essentially saying he is the leader among leaders.

I love that we got Sanchez and think he will be the best of all these guys.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

My first son is going to be Colt Macoy Manning Montana. I like Alliterations. Screw my last name.

And if we didn't have Sanchez, I think we would probably picking in the early teens of this draft.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I would agree that Sanchez has a toolset equal to those he would go up against this year and much better intangibles.

The kid is special.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Negatory...

12. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

Or that he's everyone's bitch.

As to clausen, I'm not very big on him. I have no knowledge of college football whatsoever, but I think that a qb of an underachieving team shouldn't be considered great. Great quarterbacks overachiever.

And lol at this pic of his never ending neck.(sorry about the pic link issue- for some reason it's not working) http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:102007-JimmyClausen.jpg

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Geez who the hell can actually answer this........... No thanks with Clausen though...... I think the Jets are going to be more than fine with Sanchez.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Uhhh, we draft Sanchez this season?

Jeebus, how much weed do you have to smoke to think of this question and then think about posting it?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You can't fault Clausen for shitty OL play most of his college career.

He also had no running game until last season.

16. CatoTheElder

Maybe they were refusing to block for him because he is a complete douche nozzle? Would that be the blonde, spiked, guido-haired prick bag's fault?

17. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I'm sorry but Sanchez is not the answer. We should have drafted Orakpo and Kellen Clemens would have been able to take us just as far riding on the d and running games coattails. Then this year we could have selected a real quarterback.

18. CatoTheElder

^......and that's 8 posts too many.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Thats really a tough one in heinsight.

I mean Sanchez dramatically improved later in the season, but Orakpo was also a beast.

Sanchez for Orakpo + a 2nd round pick (since we traded a 2nd rounder to get Sanchez) its really a tough one.

I think itd be hard to complain on either end of that deal.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That post was more than retarded...saying that Mark Sanchez was a mistake, really?

His post in the draft forum about Ryan Mathews unimpressive and a product of his line was one of the more retarded things I've read in the draft forum in a long time.