MLB the show 10

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vilmalover51, Feb 13, 2010.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Last year's was amazing, I understand they are adding more Nostalgic Stadiums and players like Babe Ruth and Roger Maris to the HR derby...

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Only 1 more week. I can't wait to smash on fools with the Yankees. Eventually they stop playing me and I have to find another team....last year it was the Blue Jays or the Rangers. Who will it be this year?

3. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

The Show owns all baseball games

fuck 2k

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Has anyone bought this yet? I just picked it up and will be playing in a few minutes...

5. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Yeah dude I just got home with it...Why aren't you on AIM? Hit me up, let's play some games.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I decided to get Battlefield 2 instead. I'll definitely get The Show by the middle of the month though, I fucking love that game.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

So far I won both of my games by a combined score of 18-0. My avg is above .400 and I have registered 25 K's.

On the other hand, the servers are going to be shitty for the next week. Same as always. So be warned...

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

The difference between throwing a perfect game and a no hitter was a HBP. Damn slider got away from me. Ended up doubling him up anyway....faced the minimum(27) and struck out 17. Vasquez is pretty damn good....

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

All good things must come to an end. Started out 5-0, then tried to go all out and play a guy who was 14-0. Well, he was good....and I wasn't ready for it. Lost 6-2....

Stupid AVG dipped from .400+ to a measly .333 and my ERA went from 0.00 to 0.88. FML.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

0.88? Man, you suck...

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Tell me about it. Im so pissed that I got worked. Last season I went 15 games before I lost. I must have lost a step...

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You need to start a thumb exercise routine. I guarantee your ERA will drop to at least 0.33 after 6 to 8 months of rigorous training.

On a less serious note, I'll probably have this game by Monday. ...and my online batting average will probably be under .175 because I suck at hitting.

#32 Mr Electric, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Can someone give an honest review...

Especially if you've played both 2k and the Show...

I know , I know..the Show is better but I'd like to hear the pros and cons..

I've already seen stupid glitches on youtube for both games.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'll shoot you a PM for tips before Monday.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You want honesty?

1. 2K is a joke compared to The Show. I haven't played either of them yet...but The Show '09 is probably the best sports game I've ever played and 10 is supposed to be better.

2. That green font makes me want to blow my e-brains out.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nice. I'll probably start up an offline season before I play online.

I really love the pitching in The Show. I can consistently keep my opponent's under 2 runs a game, but I still have to figure out how to score myself.

17. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I'm online for anyone who wants to play me.

My aim is nickm27bg

18. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Been playing Road to the Show... Such an awesome game mode. Anyway I got drafted by the Angels (not bad) got traded to the Diamond backs (for Fucking Brandon Webb!), and then got traded to the Braves (As a Met's fan, =( ).

Anyway, Did pretty well in my first season as a starting pitcher, era of 3.13 in AA, decent peripheral stats and such, had a CG shutout, and took a CG shutout into the 9th in the final game of the season before getting pulled with 1 out left after giving up a shitty run (fuck you AA Braves third baseman, you never catch SHIT when you dive!)...

So, I start my AAA season, and I'm throwing a fucking GEM against the knights, 4 innings of PERFECT ball.... So I ring up the first guy, second guy pops out to my 1st baseman.. Then it happens, I throw a pitch which gets fouled off, and my pitcher starts writhing in pain on the mound. WHAT THE FUCK!. 4.2 innings of perfect ball and you come out of the game with a LAT STRAIN? PUSSY!

To top it off, my guy never got enough rest obviously, because His pitches were all over the fucking place when he came back (even more so then before, I'd hit the timing perfect and completely fucking miss the spot at some points, obviously the Braves hired the Mets medical staff in the show) , and in the 3rd inning of a shitty start, he tears his fucking labrum, and is out for like 2 months.

Anyway, finished Triple A under a 4 era (luckily), and am now in my 3rd season in RTTS, in spring training as a relief pitcher with the Braves.

Also, I got to bash my friend (Phillies fan) 12-1 in a Mets vs Phils game.

His starter was Roy Halladay, who gave up 9 runs, and my starter was Jonathan Niese, who gave up a solo shot to Chase Utley.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Jam and I just played an epic game which had to unfortunately end in a friendly quit. The little shit had to take his woman home. :shit:

So Marlins vs. Rangers, He throws Josh Johnson, I throw the very wild Scott Feldman. Guy was all over the place for the entire game, but I still managed to keep him scoreless until the 8th inning where he scraped out a run. Then with 2 outs and a man on, I intend to throw a low change up out of the zone. Of course, Feldman staying true to form throws the change right over the middle and Hanley crushes a 2 run bomb. FML.

Bottom 8, 2 outs....Kinsler hits a line drive double down LF line. Hamilton proceeds to hit a double off the LF fence, then Vlad goes yard to right on a slider. (3-3)

Top 9, 1 out....Uggla goes yard on a missed location (surprise surprise) and then Ross takes an outside fast ball and puts it inches away from the same location Uggla put it. Great hitting by Jam. (5-3)

Bottom 9. 2 Outs....Saltalimaccia hits a double down the RF line. David Murphy pinch hits, and drives a double in the gap. Still 2 outs, Borbon hits a seeing eye single up the middle and Murphy scores to tie the game again.

Top 10. Jam says he needs to take his girlfriend home. Not being able to pause the game for an extended period without losing, we decide to friendly quit. Epic game with no conclusion. Jam played a hell of a game. Shame he couldn't finish me off :grin:

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Woah. That must be a hell of a game.