Chad shouldnt come to the jets- according to Jetnation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Woodhead77, Feb 7, 2010.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No way man. Can't waste all that offensive talent with Chad's 3-time surgically repaired arm.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

There's no way Pennington coming here would stir up a QB controversy.
    I don't care how popular he was in the locker room this team knows it's QB is Mark Sanchez, and he's pretty popular in the locker room also.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

wow,we're not gonna let this go.chad's done here.let ainge try and win the backup spot.it's time to develope qb's.if,during t.c. ainge doesn't look like a capable 2nd then bring someone in.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Ainge could be a quality back up, but the point is Sanchez needs a veteran backup behind him. The veteran can give him advice and show him stuff Ainge never could. Chad would be perfect for that. If Sanchez goes down ever, the season is over. He is our guy now.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Then fire Cavanaugh and hire Penny as the QB coach.

I don't want to see that rubber arm in a jets jersey ever again......f*ck mediocrity!!

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Why does Sanchez need advice from a veteran QB now? The guy went to the AFC Championship game in his rookie season, has been through winning streaks, losing streaks, has been the recipient of the media overhyping him and then the media also blasting him and declaring him a bust all in one season. There are not very many QBs that have gone through all that.

Besides, Sanchez actually already has a veteran QB to bounce ideas off of. Sanchez and Carson Palmer have both mentioned that Palmer pretty much has mentored him on everything he needs to know. Palmer is a damn good mentor incidentally.

I am certain that likewise Eli Manning got mentored by Peyton. Sure Kurt Warner was around that first season, but after that who was backing Eli up exactly? If you look at a lot of the top QBs, who was behind them?

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Pennington to mentor Sanchez and Ainge for one year before becoming our QB coach would be the right thing to do...

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

oh,like troy smith is to flacco.sorgi to manning.whoever's backing up brady.
    here's the thing.there is not enough quality qb's to fill the 32 teams.with the depth of the afc,any team that loses there qb is done.m.s. has someone to give him advice and show him things,its cavanaugh(sp) and schotty.let the coaches coach.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I disagree with this article entirely... First off, Chad needs to retire. His shoulder is basically being held together with duct tape at this point. He will likely aim to get a starting job somewhere, and there are at least a couple of teams he could manage to do it with, but he's one hit from being a gimp as far as his arm is concerned.

Secondly, if he did come here, Sanchize is the franchise. There is no QB controversy - period. Chad has always been a team guy and if you bring him here he'll play his role dutifully. But as has already been suggested here, for the most part Sanchez is already over his mentoring stage for the most part. Could have used Penny in his first year, or to let him ride the bench his first year, but that turned out to not be necessary.

The only way we want to take Penny is if he comes on the cheap side. That and he can't manage to find a home somewhere else. I'm not going to hold my breath.. his time as a Jet is done for the most part.