Jet Fan Tasered

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scottso, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

You know what, this is rubbish.. The Colts fans were nothing but nice to me during my stay in Indianapolis.. One guy tried to start something, but thought better of it. I sat next to a group of Jets fans who were CLASSLESS dicks.. Taunting opposing teams fans in their own stadiums is a nice way to get your ass kicked. Shut up, don't drink too much if you can not control your liquor.. Some of these people need to GROW UP and realize this is just a football game and just because you are at a tailgate does not mean you need to drink irresponsibly.. I do not understand how often I get embarassed by the fans of this team that I love so much, throwing beer bottles at women because they have pats jerseys on I mean come on.. There is being a fan and then there is being a parasite. The guy next to me was so drunk he barely knew what was going on, yup he was a Jets fan. At the end of the game (yup I stayed until the end, unlike the 'rowdy' Jets fans who left before Mark's last pick) and the Colts fans shook my hand and were very pleasant, said we played a great game etc etc.. I see Jets fans taunting other fans in away stadiums and all of a sudden everyone is up in arms when a Jets fan gets arrested after a fight breaks out. If they hadn't been taunting the equally drunk opposing fans in their own stadiums there probably would not be a problem in the first place.. GROW THE HELL UP.

#41 Rictor33, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. Naptown

Naptown New Member

this thread is rediculous, Indy is now a terrible city because the Colts pounded your boys. :rofl:

3. IndyDrummer

IndyDrummer New Member

Thanks Rictor. I know most fans on this board have a lot more class and brains than this guy:

4. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

What a douchebag. Grow up. And speaking of education, educated people do not post like this. As a matter of fact, someone who is extemely uneducated and immature is the only type of person capable of posting something like this on a public forum. Talk about hypocrisy.

5. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

You mean you remained civil, and didnt exhibit contempt for everyone around you wearing blue and YOU didnt get tasered or arrested?

What kind of fan are you, anyway?

:)

6. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

I don't take shit from opposing teams fans. I don't really care if they mess with me, as long as they leave whoever I'm with alone. If someone yells at my dad, girlfriend etc I will not hesitate to let them know they are not dealing with an old man or girl who is not going to do shit. The only asshole I encountered came up from behind while I was in the ticket line and slapped me as hard as he could on the shoulder saying 'It's gonna be a long trip home, buddy' pretty sure once he felt me and got a look at me from the front is when he realized he should probably pick on someone who would not kick his drunk ass into next week. In 1998 I dealt with some real assholes in Denver, in Pittsburgh in 2004 I dealt with a 50 year old man who challenged me to a fight in the bathroom (his wife left him sitting there alone 10 minutes later) .. The Jets fans in the nosebleeds are the worst I've seen though, just relentlessly bad behavior. I'd be scared shit-less to walk up the upper-level stairs in the meadowlands with an opposing teams jersey on. Then again, they are my brothers sometimes they just need a little coaching :)

7. Jabba

Jabba New Member

We welcome good opposing team fans. After all... thry bring the only money to our city we ever see right? And we're hard on our fans that are dicks.

I am glad you had a good time Rictor, and I am glad that overall Indianapolis people were nice to you.

There are good people all over the country, and there are jerks all over the country.

Jabba

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Jim Irsay is becoming a sleazebag, just like his drunk father.

9. Jabba

Jabba New Member

Why is that?

Jabba

10. JoeWillie

JoeWillie New Member

In general, all people need to understand that what flys in your city,

might not fly in another city, I have been to Joe Robbie for a Dolphins, Giants, Dolphins, Bill, Dolphins Jets and have seen countless drunken fights.

I have gone to Cincinnati and seen drunken rude fans that at one point, dumped a beer on my 65 year old dad and 10 year old son......

Drunkenness knows no boundaries and BTW :pats_suck:

11. JetsKickAss

They guy sticks Indiana with a $650 MM bill for the Lucas Stadium, then tells a majority of those taxpayers that one of the guys they admire -- Rush Limbaugh -- isn't good enough to become a silent/minority part-owner of a team from his St. Louis hometown. Who the hell is he to say Rush isn't qualified to become an owner when his drunk father was totally irrepsonsible and raped the city of Baltimore, something I know Rush has no plans to do (unless the Rams go back to LA which I don't think the Checketts group wants to do).

He's cow-towing to the race mongers, including Demaurice Smith of the NFLPA and Al Sharpton and his crowd.

Irsay really pissed me off with that comment.

12. Jabba

Jabba New Member

I don't like his politics either.

His dad Bob was a piece of shit. Agreed. But, you know, Jim Irsay, had to pay, $55M to inherit the team when Bob died when it was worth $110M. I mean... that's pretty much the government fucking him in the ass and breaking it off ain't it?

Jim is kindof a touchy, feeley, free-love sort of liberal hippy. But, he's doing something right. Personally, I'd have rather had an expansion team, and had the city own the team. That's something that Green Bay has right. But we'll never see another one like that.

The fact that there is a 1% tax on food and beverages served in Marion county (Indy) to fund the Hoosier (RCA) dome from 26 years ago pisses me off more than the new stadium. I mean shit, OK... borrow the money and tax us for it. Ok... you can argue the fincial income generated from having an NFL team or not... but how about doing what you promise to do... ie.. pay off the RCA dome and eliminate that tax. But fuck no... they keep borrowing against it. Now it's torn down... and we'll be paying that 1% forever, PLUS another 1% for the new one. At least Jim Irsay has the decency to look us in the eye, and give us something for the fucking we're getting. The politicians won't even do that.

Jabba

On edit... I don't agree with his position about Rush... but I defend his right to have it. And I defend his right to vote that way as an Owner. Don't agree with the position... but defend his right to have it.

13. cwoodruf

cwoodruf New Member

Chuckdog,

Good post and I clearly struck a nerve about Jersey. One thing I will say is that Princeton is gorgeous. I do business in Raritan quite often and drive through campus on my way to Delaware all of the time. What year did you graduate from Princeton anyway? Also, what's the percentage of out of state students at that institution... hmm.

Anyway, I agree that the Jersey shore is not a fair projection of all New Jersey, but Princeton isn't either. I agree there are many intelligent people in New Jersey; just look at the biotech companies that call northern Jersey home. I travel to New Jersey often and to New York monthly. The doctors I work with and the people who traveled to Indy were not from the same crop.

Just keep in mind that many of us are not fans of your area not due to unfounded stereotypes, but rather years of experience working out there. The whole East Coast bias thing doesn't always fly. Jealous? No. There is a reason I stay where I am and travel to the east monthly.

My point on no discipline was not only Rex, but the entire team/fanbase. There is nothing humble about Rex and the Jets. That works for your fanbase, but he is also directing 23 year old kids. Confidence is one thing, but there is a fine line between confidence and taking it for granted. How are those pre printed AFC champion shirts and hats looking this week?

Good luck in the future. I think Rex, Sanchez, Greene and Revis are a about as solid of a foundation as you can have. The O-line is young and healthy too. I just hope the "swagger" works out for you guys. When you keep your mouth shut and get punched in the mouth you have something to work on and a reason to get better; motivation. You also continue to buy into the system in place. When you talk and talk and talk then get punched in the mouth you look like the village idiot.

14. JetsKickAss

Its' not politics per se, its personal. If he had said he didn't want a member of the Kennedy family to buy an NFL franchise, I wouldn't have liked it either. Unless someone is an extremist or a kook -- his dad and Carroll Rosenbloom excepted -- my guess is they can own an NFL franchise and rip off us fans with PSLs, preseason games, $40 parking, etc.

Yup....and it isn't Rush's party/philosophy that had him pay that stupid tax, it's the people who went after Rush who favor those taxes. He was lucky too....the team was worth WAY MORE than $110 MM in 1997 when his dad died (I'd say at least 3-4X that amount -- the Jets were sold for $600 MM in 1999 and Snyder bought the Redskins a few months earlier for $750 MM). Today, the Colts are worth $1 BB easily so Irsay got his money back and then some (he delayed the new stadium no doubt so it wouldn't inflate the value of the team and the tax before his dad died).

Agreed....I just saw the 30-on-30 special on the Baltimore Colts called "The Band That Wouldn't Die".....I was in college at the time and not in the Balt/MD area anyway so I didn't know about the drunken press conference, the lies he told everybody (including his son), etc. All I knew about was the Mayflower vans. It was worse than when NYC lost the Giants and Dodgers. Terrible.

I'm as anti-tax as anybody but if a dedicated/specific tax goes to funding/keeping a stadium/team I am all for it. What's amazing to me is that some teams built their stadiums without any public funds (Jets/Giants, Cowboys) and others like the Colts didn't/couldn't/wouldn't.

What tees me off is the tie-ins: having to buy pre-season games and inflated parking passes along with the tickets. And if you buy from the team direct, they charge you 'handling' fees and other BS that can inflate the price by another 10-30% per game. Phil Mushnick of the NY Post detailed how a buyer for Mets tickets got raped buying direct from the the team -- and when he got 1 more person to goto the Mets game and called up the team and asked about changing the order form 6 to 7, the $27 ticket was gonna cost upwards of $40 -- an extra 50% just to drop 1 more ticket on an already done order direct from the team !!!

The owners have been kissing the ass of racist bigots like Smith and Sharpton for years. The Rooney Rule is racist and probably illegal -- would they apply the same rule to hiring whites for cornerback or runningback positions ? That's behind the whole Rush thing (that and his comments on Donovan McNabb, which Rush nailed 100% and even the Philly liberal suck-up sportswriters have admitted he was right).

If Vince Lombardi came back today reincarnated and the Green Bay Packers job suddenly opened up, thanks to the Rooney Rule, the Packers couldn't hire Lombardi right away -- they have to give a black/minority an 'interview' that is mostly cosmetic anyway. Hell...if every prospective black candidate was told NOT to interview in that situation, the Packers theoretically couldn't hire ANY coach since a black boycott would prevent the Packers from hiring a coach according to the Rooney Rule. And don't get me started on the crap in Washington DC...where everyone knew that Mike Shanahan was gonna be the next coach but in order to comply with the Rooney Rule, Snyder and Allen interviewed the secondary coach BEHIND COACH JIM ZORN'S BACK while both were still finishing out the season. The coach is being stabbed in the back by his own assistant to comply with the Looney Rule -- how f****** sleazy is that ?

In fact, there was confusion as to whether assistants like Caldwell could be coaches-in-waiting without interviewing a black/minority. First, they said the rule didn't apply to a coach-in-waiting IF he was black like Caldwell. Then they realized that they'd be inviting lawsuits and a political backlash if they had one set of rules for blacks and another for whites so they made it so ANY coach-in-waiting can be named without any Looney Rule interviewees.

Another gift from Paul Tagliabue, just like the lousy CBA he told the owners was a good deal. And Peter King thinks that clown should be in the NFL HOF in Canton ????!!!

Anyway, good luck in 12 days in New Orleans.

#54 JetsKickAss, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  15. Jabba

Jabba New Member

Thanks man.

You and I got a lot in common politics wise. I just get tired of paying for a stadium that we don't have anymore, despite the fact that it was supposed to be paid off 10 years ago. I simply hate politicians.

Jabba

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Here's the video, including the audio from the cop, which seemed to be missing from the news article (hmmm, wonder why).

[YOUTUBE]nsGnH-YhzzI[/YOUTUBE]

I also love how the cop immediately goes for his taser, despite the guy being totally non-violent. You may say he wasn't cooperating entirely, but if a cop comes to arrest me without cause (that we can see, at least), right before a Jets AFCCG that I payed good money to go see, I think I'd be equally pissed and uncooperative.

Sorry, but f*** cops. 9 out of 10 are power abusing d***s.

17. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

This guy lives in my town, I know his father Tom Mallon who is divorced from my aunt. The cops definitely were riding on a power trip, f*** those jerkoffs, they were def indy fans

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If that was in the UK, that cop would be facing severe legal proceedings.
    The only time police in this country are authorised to use such force is if the officer fears, for his(hers) safety, or that of the general public. Neither of which this Gentleman is clearing doing. In fact he actually looked pretty helpful to me, unhappy but helpful.

Have to say that vid REALLY surprises me.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Rush Limbaugh is the definition of an extremist kook. Just the idea that that racist, homophobic, hatemongering bigot could have anything to do with the running of an NFL team makes me sick to my stomach.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Some of the biggest bullies I ever knew in high school became police officers. Most of them were dumbasses in school, with poor grades, a chip on their shoulders and going nowhere after high school, so they take the police test and Uncle Jimmy gets them on the force. Pretty scary, because now they're not only running around with dumbass, bullying attitudes, they're wearing guns and carrying tasers to boot.

This cop who charges out of his car starts right off with, "You got a fucking problem?" Who is the aggressor here? Looks like the cop who is doing the escalating. Totally un-fucking professional IMO. Instead of being a peace-keeper, he's an intagonist and fanning the flames.

Glad there's a video on this... he was clearly singled out for wearing green and white. TIme to hire Lipschitz and Kutcherpeckeroff, Attornies At Law.