jets gave it away

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I thought the season was DONE when we lost Leon and Jenkins.

I never wouild have thouht we'd make it this far, and the lack of depth at those two positions hurt us today.

2. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

@johnny I couldn't agree with you more.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Exactly. We were far too banged up to compete with a fully healthy Colts attack.

Let's hope for a first round bye next season.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The biggest play I thought was that deep pass to Collie against double coverage. That set them up for that score before the half.

5. ........

........ Trolls

No injuries to Greene and our secondary and we COULD have won the game. However, the way Peyton was slinging it today, it would have been one hell of a tough task. That was a dominant game your team played today, and I agree that the better team won.

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I actually blame Danny Woodhead. The guy didn't make one play today. The fact that he wasn't active is no excuse. Cut his ass :).

7. perfectpackage99

we were clearly out-played, nothing to blame this loss on other then being beat by a better team today, plain and simple.

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i called my buddy and told him that the game was over once greene left the field. Also told him they need to hold them in the final 2 minutes...3 plays later they were in the end zone. Colts just kill teams in the final two. However, once Greene went out they just seemed to be really stubborn with the ground game and thinking TJ would magically show up for two qtrs. Not having Leon or any sort of third back was a disaster. Lowery and Coleman and Shep were used all day long. Scott's ankle was a big problem and they had no solid backup to fill in.

Upsetting loss and we have been outscored 47-0 in the second half of our last two AFC Champ games.

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Don't laugh....this was a key to the game today.

The Jets had NOBODY who was a threat to run on the outside. With no fear of a Jets RB going left or right to the sidelines and then turning up the field, the Colts DL could stack the middle and the LB's could stay between the hashmarks, too.

THIS IS HUGE, FOLKS !! This is like Rex Ryan going to Caldwell before the game and saying "Don't worry, we won't run outside, only up the middle."

The lack of speed at RB without LW hurt this team more than we realized. This guy was out BEST offensive player coming into the year !! How would the Colts have done without anybody at TE to throw to ??

10. jetsfanstuckinaz

jetsfanstuckinaz New Member

Agreed :smile:

11. ........

........ Trolls

Uh, the Colts defense relies on speed and is great at protecting the edge. The outside rushing threat is irrelevant. We actually ran a fantastic misdirection play around the left end, and it was sniffed out and stuffed. That's what they do best.

12. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

History don't show shit. History is just useful for pointless threads before a game. The Pats sucked before they stopped sucking, the Saints sucked for years and now they don't suck. I hope we won't suck. I'm tired of crybabies, we lost against a better team, period. Go and post your nonsensical rants elsewhere.

13. JetsKickAss

Did we run it with Leon ? I musta missed it.

You have to keep defenses honest. We couldn't do that after Week 7.

14. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

Believe me IJR knows what he's talking about... Its a wasted play trying to get outside on the Colts... I laugh when teams try it... Our weakness is up the middle or right at Freeney... Im a little surprised the Jets didn't use the draw a little more to set up the lanes... Screens are another way to burn our speedy rushers...

I'd like to see more Sanchez next year and Im not saying that because he's on my FF team...

15. colts fan

colts fan New Member

Dang...So you lost a lot of games eh? Ha ha ha ha...

16. JetsKickAss

And who do you think our leading -- our ONLY -- screen catching RB is ??????????????????