Honestly who imagined us getting this far?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 24, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I bet no one, so just be happy we made it.

Now for next year hopefully we don't blow all those games again and hopefully we can get a higher playoff seed to make our road a lil bit easier.

Good Game Jets fans.

2. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

This might be a great thought for tomorrow but tonight all I can think of is that we made it this far and we didn't seize the opportunity. It is just depressing to think about. I know we have a bright future and everything but it's so hard to think about that right now.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I guess I was the only one going into this game with the attitude that we had nothing to lose.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

When Pace caused that fumble, who imagined we would lose this game? Arrrrgghhhh...this game can be so fucking frustating!!!! We had this game, and then....

:(

5. quadcityjetsfan76

Most of us did after the first 3 weeks.

6. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

we got this far but think about if we had jenkins and leon...

the possibilities

7. jaybny

jaybny Banned

happy we made what? its SB or nothing.

8. Satire?

Satire? Guest

I knew I'd be pissed if we lost but it didn't take me too long to relax about this loss cause this team we played was clearly better. If we were playing any other team, I'd have a different view on it but Manning is the man (for the Colts).

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't like that thinking. Who would have thought we would have missed the playoffs last season? Shit doesn't go as expected in the NFL, you gotta make the most of every opportunity. With that said, I think we will have another opportunity soon

10. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

The Colts are pretty good too you know. It would have been very nice if they won, but they didn't go down to some scrub team. Get em' next year if ya can is what I say.

11. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Nope ... I was of the same mindset ... The JETS took us for a great ride with a rookie QB and HC ... I would have loved a win, but I am happy for the ride

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

No offense,but screw that! We DID get that far,so everything has to be used to make the next step. We abandoned the strenghts that got us this far in the 2nd half.

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Everyone I talked to this week was pulling for the rookie QB & the rookie HC. As they said on the news, it was like, "3 men and a baby." Sanchez was up against 3 of the toughest QB's in the NFL.

Sanchez did us proud & so did Rex Ryan.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea we truly did our best though, I mean the injury to Shonne Greene killed us lots. But Mark Sanchez did his best, defense could have given up less big plays but hell they had a goal line stand. Manning was just way to good. Even with perfect coverage he made the pass.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

Colts, Pats, Steelers, Chargers are all gonna be beasts as usual next yr. Yeah we'll be better, but let's not forget we will have competition next year. You know PIT is gonna come out blazing after their embarrassment of not making the playoffs. NE I'm not so sure where Brady's mind is at or Moss', but they'll be tough as heck to beat. So to say let's be happy about next year is the right attitude, but we seem to say that after every playoff loss.

So yeah...this really is depressing to lose like this when ur 30 minutes away with greater than a FG lead on the Colts in their house. This hurts more than 1998, b/c the Jets should have put this game away in the 2nd quarter

17. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

This was not our one shot. We're a young team, with a rookie QB and a rookie coach, and we're only going to get better from here. This year, we may have been a plucky underdog, but in a couple of years, it'll be us who are the big bad boys of the AFC East, us who the rest of the league has to go through, and us who are winning the Lombardi trophy. This was an amouse bouche, this got the taste of greatness into our mouths.

18. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

It's disappointing as hell--who wasn't fantasizing about two weeks of Super Bowl fun?--and it's worse after having an 11 point lead... but what a great run this was. After Atlanta, it felt like a gift. That great 2d half against the Colts, the shutout win on Sunday night to make the playoffs, winning a road playoff game against the Bengals, then going to California to beat a big favorite. Wow! I wish that they would have won today--and, like you, I'll replay parts of this game until August--but for a rookie QB to beat one of the greatest QBs of all-time, playing in the 3d straight road game against a very well rested team, was too much to ask.

Thank you Rex for restoring confidence in the Jets name, to Jets fans, and to the entire Jets family. "Same old Jets" no more.

19. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

I agree. Next year we will be better. Our JETS have a bright future. Very proud of the men in Green!! :beer::beer:

20. titan999

titan999 Active Member

It doesn't make losing in the AFC Championship game any better. Why should it matter that no one thought we'd be in this game? We were, we had a shot, and we lost.

I agree that we need, for once, to win enough regular season games so that we can win the division and get home playoff games.