Sleepless in Miami

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen88, Jan 24, 2010.

1. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

Fellow Jets fans, I can't sleep! I am soooo pumped up for this game it's not even funny. Ever since the end of the San Diego game, I have been eagerly waiting for this game. This is the biggest game in years for us. There is something about this team. Are they made for the post season? They seem to be destined to win this thing.

I love what Rex has done with this team. I am so impressed with what he has done with our defense mostly with players from the Mangini era. He has only brought over Scott and Leonard so far ( I know he has brought reserves). I can't wait to see what he does in the future, but the future might be now for us.

Living in Miami, I constantly hear shit from everyone. Its such a hatred (or jealousy) with the Jets. They are still telling me (I am also hearing on the radio) about how they are better than us since they swept us. Yes, they did, but I explain how we played them in the middle of the season and that was our bad part. Now we are playing some of the best football in the league and this is in part due to coaching. A sign of a team is how they improve throughout the season and now we are peaking (well, hopefully in 2 weeks we are peaking). As much ribbing that I get, they all admit that they are jealous of us and how we are already built with a strong future with all our young guys and Rex. They all say they hate Rex, but would love a coach like that. Well enough of those dolphin idiots.

Today is a special day in Jets history. I can't wait until 3pm. I am going to try to go back to bed, but I doubt it. Bring it home Jets! Shock the world!!!

I have tickets for the Bowl and want to put them to good use. I am lucky I don't have to fly anywhere! Take care my Jets brothern.

JETS!!!!

2. NYJets4sure

NYJets4sure New Member

Hilarious!

I am in the same boat. I can't go back to sleep. I have been up since 4am. Wow! I'm in Central Florida. There is a wide variety of Bucs, Phins and Jags fans here. Similar consensus of jealousy. Their are a good amount of people at work that are fans of all kinds of teams throughout the NFL, and they are impressed with Ryan and the Jets D. They feel like they have a good chance today. That is awesome that you have SB tickets already. Good luck going to sleep. I can't - just to amped!

3. BleedingGreene

BleedingGreene New Member

Been up since 5AM. It was so hard to fall asleep I had to self-medicate with Dr. Jack. I wake up and my first thought is the game. No way I'm rolling back over and falling asleep.

4. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

looks like we are all feeling this way today...as we should its only the biggest game in our franchise's history in over a decade.

Under 8hrs to go folks...hang in there.

5. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Me too. Up since 4:30.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I slept fine. Up late last night for the Supercross race.

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Sitting in an Internet Cafe in China waiting to watch the game streaming live on NFL.com Game Access @ 4am local time. Only 6 more hours! Life doesn't get more surreal than this...

#7 al_toon_88, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Haha I know your pain... I missed the Buffalo game because I was on a flight from Seoul to Taipei. The best part it was 9 AM in the morning on Friday while the Jets were beating the Bills in Toronto.

It's 6:30 AM here in Vegas and I've been awake for nearly 2 hours. I wonder how the players deal with this. I did dream that the Colts forced us to pass and Sanchez ate them up. Then again I slept with Joe Namath's biography under my pillow like I'm waiting for the Super Bowl Fairy to take us to the promise land.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I'm in Tokyo right now waiting until 5am haha. Thankfully, its on regular TV here.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

In the last 12 hours I have gone from drunk, dancing happy, to nervous, cold sweats, finger nail biting and nausea, all the way back to drunk etc...now back to nausea again. Cyclical , so I'm guessing come KO, I'll be drunk and dancing again.
    Noticed a few more grey hairs as well this morning. My razor also has dust on it :wink:

11. rikj99

rikj99 Member

I have just started on the Buds now, I simply cannot control myself anymore. Had the normal morning of kids football (soccer)training then had a good game of 5-a-side. Went to Toys 'r us to appease the kids and now the count down begins.

We are going to do this, the future is now the future is 'Green'

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

couldn't sleep as well. Man im so anxious

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i like where your head is at. i think ill follow your lead.

14. gustoonarmy

Went to TOYS R US yesterday, woman in there with THE BIGGEST tits I have ever seen in my life was in there. AND she was gorgeous as well. It was the only things in the store I wanted to play with, but Wife said no :sad:

15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Amazingly enough, I slept well. Tuned my headphones into WFAN and 1050 and listened to some late night sports talk....gently drifted to sleep and had football related dreams. Woke up refreshed and ready to go at 9am...the adrenaline hit me right away.

My wife knows how important this day is to me, she woke me up, got some fresh bagels and egg salad, coffee, and got me ready to go. Hopping on the LIRR soon to watch the game in Manhattan.

I hope to be screaming and shouting like a maniac in Times Square around 7pm.

16. rikj99

rikj99 Member

Haha. nice one, boo to your wife for not getting into the spirit ;)

17. gustoonarmy

My wife likes to motor-boat :smile:

18. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

Same here I'm in So. Fla also and I too have Super bowl Tixs and would love to see our Gang Green there . Tick tock

19. Jets Ella

Jets Ella New Member

have to drink on Sat nights to get through the night

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Man it would be something to have the J-E-T-S here for Super Bowl week. Man I think all the partying would be something.