1998 Jets team vs. Current Jet team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Jan 22, 2010.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

SO devastating. The way I look at it, we were less than 30 minutes from winning a superbowl because there simply was no way in the world we were losing to the falcons.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but I think Mangold is playing better right now than Mawae ever did. Mawae was a wonderful player but he could never handle the big, dominant nose-tackles. Mangold always handles them and occasionally even dominates them, all by himself.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not sure, Mawae was a fricking animal for a few years there. It's comparable, but I think that in the end, Mangold will end up being head and shoulders better than Mawae was. He will dominate the interior the way Revis dominates big-time receivers.

4. colts fan

colts fan New Member

If that's the case you have just answered the question...the 98 Jets are superior to the current jets team...14-0 is better than the current jets and 98 jets...

You are funny :)

5. mrgoose

mrgoose Member

#85 mrgoose, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The only thing that's funny is your heightened sense of insecurity to any post that even makes mention to the Dolts in this thread.

I was talking about the '98 Broncos who were clearly a dominant team and were better than either of the Jets teams mentioned, and for that matter this year's Colts. No need to get defensive. That Broncos team was one of the best in NFL history and would've run and thrown roughshod on your team.

7. Greenlantern88

Greenlantern88 New Member

I think Mawae was def more agile, but he had real trouble withe the big NT's especially that dude from Buffalo for a few years...Mangold doesn't seem to have the same troubles

8. gofins

gofins New Member

Only thing I REALLY don't agree with.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's amazing we're even comparing the two, that 1998 team was far and away the most dominant in the regular season we've ever had. But at this point both are in the same spot, a road win away from the Super Bowl. Finishing strong and playing your best ball at the end is what matters. One never knows, do one?

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well the 98 team may have been the best team U ever saw but NOT the best team ever. That kudo MUST go to the 68 team which if you have forgotten won SB3