Super Bowl Tickets Lottery

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i just read the policy and searched the website i see nothing about super bowl tix

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW $195 club seats are totally sold out. If they did do club seats to get a SB tickets the cheapest seat is the $245

3. 17a_tailgater

oh ok so its just the $700 seats and wouldnt that be for the 2010 season not this year??????

4. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

I thought each team is getting 13,500 seats

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It says coaches club tickets are automatically to get SB tickets, all 2,000. This was recently confirmed by Jets. I was just suprised it is retroactive to this year, I thought it started next year.

The rest of sb allocation we are guessing on.

6. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Bottom line...I'll gladly pay $1,800 for an upper deck seat on StubHub for the Super Bowl, than spend $30,000 for a PSL, and have the right to buy a Super Bowl ticket at face value.

7. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Lets look at it this way..

There aren't many people who buy 1 season ticket on their account, usually you buy two.

Assuming that each ticket holder has an average of 2-3 seats (somewhere in between, I'd assume is the average)

That means anywhere between 800-1000 people have the right to SB tix, so if there are 10k tix available, 2,000 go to those people, however, I can bet you that not everyone who has already started putting money down for that will be able to afford going to the SB. Just guessing again, but let's say half of the 800-1000 people offered tix will be able to go.. so 400-500 people will actually buy, meaning 1,000 tickets go to them...

It sucks, but those who have seniority are still getting a majority of the tickets.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

No one who gets offered a chance to buy SB tix will turn them down since you can easily resell them for more than face value. Tickets will probably have to be picked up in Miami, but you can call to change the registered name for someone else to pick them up

9. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

You can rest assure, if they are able to buy them they will. even if they cant go They will know someone who can go..

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I thought it was 10,000 but I have no real idea what the total is.

11. GordonGecko

The total is 17.5% of capacity at joe robbie stadium. Looking at about 13,000 tickets

12. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Joe Robbie is now Sun Life stadium.. seating capacity for football 76,500

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Read and weep:

http://www.newjetsstadium.com/club_psl.php

COACHES CLUB

LOWER LEVEL - JETS SIDELINE
    A seat in the Coaches Club is like no other in the NFL. Where else can you get up from your sideline seat during the game to visit a private, on-field deck just five yards behind the home team's bench? Or watch the head coach's postgame press conference from inside a private club lounge?

The Coaches Club sets a new standard for gameday access and amenities. For a true Jets fan, it doesn't get any better than this.

The Coaches Club features:

?A 20,000 sq. ft. bar and lounge designed by premier restaurant and hotel architect David Rockwell � famous for spaces like Nobu and the W Hotels
    ?A private, on-field deck five yards behind the Jets bench
    ?The opportunity to see the Jets players leaving the locker room to take the field and to watch the head coach's postgame press conference
    ?All food and non-alcoholic beverages included in the ticket price
    ?Complimentary VIP parking adjacent to the stadium
    ?Private VIP Training Camp access
    ?The right to purchase two tickets to a Jets Super Bowl PSLs for the Coaches Club can be paid for using 5- or 15-year payment plans, with annual payments starting at $1,731 per seat (depending on location).

14. 17a_tailgater

starting in 2010 when the psl starts for that season

15. GordonGecko

Ridiculous, almost as bad as the West-Coast-California-USA-Orange-County-But-Sorta-Los-Angeles-Angels-of-Anaheim-Near-Mexico. I prefer to call it Joe Robbie, because it's become a huge joke.

Originally JRS, it became Pro-player Park, then Pro-Player Stadium, then back to Dolphin Stadium, and then Land Shark bought the naming rights for this year but it was to be renamed Dolphin Stadium for the super bowl, but as soon as that happened Sun Life bought the naming rights. So yes, when it doubt it's Joe Robbie Stadium.

16. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't see that qualifier in there, but I appreciate your optimistic take and hope that it's so. But I can just imagine someone who already purchased the PSL bitching and moaning and threatening to sue.

In any event, if they are doing this (tying SB tix to PSLs), we're probably basically screwed anyway, being that our status as Upper Deckers is lower than whale shit in Woody's eyes.

18. 17a_tailgater

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BATMAN SO IF SOMEONE WHO DIDNT HAVE SEASON TIX THIS YEAR STILL GETS FIRST RIGHT AT THIS YEARS SUPER BOWL???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

You know what else is screwed up, the 111c and 115c coaches club were 20K you had to buy two, no singles so that is 40K, and you had to put down 20%, 8K. They can flip there SB tickets for 8K if they don't go, dude sweet, and most bought under some company name so they personally are not on hook if Jets tank and can walk away.

20. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

I think its sort of fair that these people have a right to buy SB tickets. I do not own coaches club, or club seats for next year, but these people are laying out the big bucks, and with that, comes big rewards.

At most college events, big donors get the good seats. For road games, or NCAA tourney/bowl games, people who donate more then others get the opportunity to buy seats before everyone else.

It sucks for us, but thats what sports has become today. We really cant say its teh Jets front office, because every school, or team would be doing this.