A very insightful article..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by indy4192, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I don't really see any "insight". I see excuses and what if's...

2. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

In any football game ever played, you could list dozens of things that "if" they went one way instead of another, the outcome of a game would be different.

"If" joe flacco sees Gary Brackett in the regular season and doesn't throw a pick, the colts would have never been undefeated going into week 16.

I would like to see a running list of all the "ifs" in the jets losses this year. I'm sure the list is long, and distinguished.

I get it, the Colts would have won on the 27th 35-10. But you know what? they didn't.
    and their fans booed. Lustily.

Please make sure you indianapolis residents bombard Bill Polian with "ifs" after this week.

And I wonder where JP Pelzman's astute analysis was after each of the Giants' playoff victories in 2007. I'm sure it was nowhere to be found.

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

FYI ... Jets Defense held opposing QB's to the lowest QB rating of any Defense in the league.

Honestly though, Peyton did have some success in that game but I thought the bigger reason the Colts were ahead 15-10 was our piss-poor tackling in the running game ... particularly on the Donand Brown TD where he should have been stopped well before the goal line.

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The question for all you. How were you feeling when Peyton led them down on the last drive, pretty effortlessly, to take the lead 15-10. Then how did you feel when they took him out. I bet you guys were pretty excited. See if any truthful answers come from this.

5. truthbtold

After the TD drive, I felt very confident that our offense would drive down and answer with some points. I figured all we needed to do was put 3 on the board and play defense. I never felt like we weren't going to win the game.

I was smiling from ear to ear when Peyton left the game because I knew that a rookie would have no shot to score on our defense. I figued with Peyton in there, you might score another TD before the game was over, so we would need to score 2 field goals and a TD to win. Once he was out, I was sure we would only need two field goals.

As it turned out, we scored more than enough to win comfortably.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

But you didnt drive down, you went 3 and out right after that touchdown. And we got the ball right back, then Painter went in. Come on, stay on task here man.

7. truthbtold

No ... actually we moved very easily down the field on your defense ... from our 20 to your 39 yard line. We got sacked on 3rd and 3 while I was cursing at the screen for not running the ball ... because I was sure we could get 3 yards by running on the next 2 plays. I was furious at out OC for calling a pass.

Anyway ...

We punted to your 10 yard line ... Curtis painter came in ... and we all know what happened after that.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

screw the colts

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I remember he wanted a flag after he got hit. Heads up Peyton, they haven't amended that rule for you yet.