Nothing to lose, Something to prove

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GreenMachine

I was really bored at work today. My writing skills are bad, but I think many Jets fans feel this way. It is a long read. 7 years of TGG and 34 years of a Jets fan summed up.

Week 15 of the NFL season. 12-20-09. Seems like a long time ago. I never knew one month equals a year. The Jets, amidst a playoff run, host Atlanta. They let a must win game slip away.. 3 missed field goals* ( keep that in mind) and a game winning drive vs. a lesser team. THUD! The sound of my favorite hat on the hardwood floor. F You Clemens!!! F you Feely!! OK Feely. Not you. I actually like you.

My wife leaves. She knows my emotion. Take the kids out and relax. I drowned my sorrows in a few beers. And grew the courage to hop on TGG to read the doomsday psts. After taking my barley and hops medication I read a few SOJ posts. With the late games in the back ground, I ventured to the NFL standings. After viewing the Wild Card standings I saw the Jets were still in it. No way. After viewing it 3 or 4 times I thought " we could make it". My wife came home. She told me I am drunk and crazy. " Go to bed".

The next day, I resume the ritual. Sulk, read, and Analyze. Holy crap! We can do this! A few teams lose we beat Indy and Cincy and we are in! Masochism party of one! Aside from a couple of Jets fans turned Giants fans, we can do this.

Week 16. The Jets are down 9-3 at half. Hell, the Jets D played well. Just before half my son says" We need to get a touchdown on the first drive." Swear to Reevis..err God I said " Brad Smith needs to run it back!" Kickoff...

" Kneel it Brad! No!!!! What Are you doing!!!!... GO BRAD GO BRAD GOOOOO!!!!!!"

No F Ing WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106 yards later Jets are up 10-9. Manning comes out and scores. 2 Point conversion fail. PHEW!

Fine. Down 15-10. We can do it. Wait..they pulled Peyton. Garbage and then...FUMBLE JETS TD!!!!

FAST FORWARD JETS WIN!

A thought hit me... We can do this. Win and your in!

Leading up to the Jets at Bengals all we heard is " The jets are lucky and the Colts laid down."

F- Em

The Bengals vowed to play their first team and did. They got punched in their mouth. Say what you want, but they play full tilt and got scared.

No way we beat them in the playoffs! Here is why:

CINCY has the better QB
    A rookie QB will fold in the playoffs.
    The Jets can not win on the road
    Cincy has a ton of weapons.
    Cincy has a great rush defense.

LATHER RINSE REPEAT

SD has the better QB
    SD has a ton of weapons.
    SD has a great rush defense.

LATHER RINSE REPEAT

And now we are going to Indy

Indy has the better QB
    Indy has a ton of weapons.
    Indy has a great rush defense.

LATHER RINSE REPEAT

In the words of Rex Ryan: We are here, Deal with it!

Enjoy the ride!

2. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

what the fuck.....?

3. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I quite enjoyed this. Sums up my feelings pretty well.

4. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

Yeah, that pretty much mirrors my emotions for this run. It seems like it's been so long since that Falcon's game. I really can't wait for Sunday. I'm thinking about having a premature Super Bowl Party in the form of an AFCCG party.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Colts still think they would have won if they didn't throw the game in week 16. Man are they going to be hating life after Sunday's game

6. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Hahah you left out how SD would out 'tall' the Jets.

7. GreenSwarm57

GreenSwarm57 New Member

The Chargers receivers are SO TALL OMG

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

i dont know wtf was written in this thread but green machihne is a good jets fanl. j e t s jets jets jets

9. freebo

freebo New Member

That is what makes the Jets the most dangerous, in my opinion.

10. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

every time i heard about the tall receivers i wanted to punch something

11. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Jets going to the Super Bowl and with a clean ass hair doo. GO! JETS!

12. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Hehehe, that really helped V-Jax when Revis undressed him in mid-air for that crazy INT. :beer:

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Have to echo the sentiment..... you left out Yao Ming and Shaq playing WR for the Chargers.

Edit: Nice/fun read......

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

not when it became the joke of the year on TGG

there were a few people who used it in jokes that made me LOL for awhile

15. Jared Jammer

Jared Jammer New Member

Reality Check

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but the truth is the Jets have zero chance on Sunday. Absolutely none. To further illustrate this cold, hard fact, let's take a look at week 16, shall we?

The mighty Indianapolis Colts were up six at halftime. That extrapolates to an easy 12 point victory had they went with Mr. Manning until the end. Of course you also have to remember the game was meaningless to them, so they only played guys at 100% health. I'd say that put them at maybe 75% the strength they'll be on Sunday, so I'll tack on another four points. Then you have to factor in that the Colts are a proven playoff champion, whereas the Jets are a bunch of nobodies. I'll be conservative and only add 10 to the Indy scoreboard for that. There's also the fact that the Jets are running their mouths (despite accomplishing nothing of note), which has to add a little fuel to the unbeaten Colts' fire, so I'll tack on another touchdown.

That brings the final score to...

Colts 33
    Jets 6

Come Sunday evening, the Jets' Cinderella story will have come to a premature ending, while Indy will be 16-0 headed into Super Bowl XLIV.

Thanks for taking out the lone AFC team that had an actual shot at beating Indy, the Chargers. As a token of my appreciation, I'll talk to Colts' owner Jim Irsay and see to it that you all get coupons for 10% off Colts' championship gear. :beer:

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If you caught Norv Turner's post-game presser you would have.

He said he thought they'd recover the onside kick because they have so many tall players. Made me laugh.

17. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Keep spewing your ignorance ... The Cincy and SD fans and all the media also said the same thing ... The Jets have no chance ...

The Cincy and SD fans are probably still saying that while thier team is enjoying a round of golf and the team that had NO chance is getting ready for the AFC Championship Game ...

18. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

That's funny, I swear I heard something like this last week out of San Diego...

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

could you stop trolling? also how are you 16-0? does the two losses you have not count because you dont want them to? you are an idiot.

Good thread summing up the late season emotions GM.

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

BOOM.
    headshot