A very insightful article..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by indy4192, Jan 20, 2010.

1. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

For the lazy ones among us...

3. 73klecko

73klecko Member

I think that is pretty simplistic if you just say "a guy was open but the ball was off target." Part of the defense is making you uncomfortable, uneasy, make you rush things, etc. These aspects often lead to dropped passes, overthrown passes, etc.

That said, I believe checking Reggie Wayne will be one of Revis' toughest tests. A) not only is Wayne supremely talented but he is very savvy B) Peyton manning is throwing him the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets change things up at times and put Revis on Clark. Primarily though, he will be on Wayne.

4. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

But Peyton wasn't rushed, hurried or such, he just made bad throws and that is something that he doesn't make. The Jets D couldn't get to Peyton at all, at no time did he get presured.

5. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

we're hearing all sorts of things lately. rivers wasn't himself, the chargers beat themselves. etc etc. same with cincy, and if the jets beat the colts, it will be the same then. funny, i don't see anyone saying, other than jet fans, how it was the D that made these playoff teams look... well, less than playoff material. its always something else, certainly can't be anything remotely close to resembling credit to the Jets.

so, woulda coulda shoulda. yeah peyton has expanded and controlled a 5 point lead in his career. i'm also sure he's blown a lead of more than 5 in his career. point in the last couple of weeks, the jets have won games where they still in it. which is to say, that its entirely feasible it would've happened in the last 2 regular season games. speculation being what it is.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

or perhaps he was anxious because he knew he had to get the ball out quickly, even if the rush wasn't coming at that moment. his "off" game didn't occur in a vacuum, it was a repercussion of something. what is it more likely to have been, awareness of what was going on around him or what he ate for breakfast? be reasonable.

that being said, the Jets better have a better game plan this weekend than they had in that game, because Manning certainly was doing as he pleased that game.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Do you really believe it's a coincidence that EVERY QB we have faced this year has been a "little off"? c'mon man!

8. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Well 7 QB's were not off to much because 7 teams beat your defense.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In this decade, the NY Jets have as many SB wins, AFC Chamnpionship wins, and TWICE as many playoff wins as the Colts.

/thread

10. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Well since this "season" is considered the 2009 record season, ahhhh you would be wrong.....

11. aaron

aaron New Member

6 teams beat us. and only 2 or 3 qbs had good games against us.

our losses this year.

saints - drew brees, 190 yards, 0 td
    dolphins - chad henne, 241 yards, 2 td
    bills - ryan fitzpatrick, 116 yards, 1 td
    dolphins - chad henne, 112 yards, 1 td
    jaguars - david garrard, 221 yards, 1 td
    patriots - tom brady, 310 yards, 1 td
    falcons - matt ryan, 152 yards, 1 td

are you really going to tell me that we lost all of these games because of the other team's quarterback play?

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Wow, I guess that settles it. We should forfeit because Mr. Spokeswhore is unstoppable. :rolleyes:

13. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

Only two of those guys are any good.

14. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

If Braylon Edwards drops a walk in TD pass does anyone point it out? No.

Last game means nothing. The Jets are better now then they were back then.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

did he miss some throws yes, was he hit - just once from what i recall, but was he rattled? Maybe he was pressing a bit, concerned that his so so offensive line wouldn't protect him long enough, got rid of the ball slightly sooner than he usually would. Saying he wasn't rattled he was just off is like saying sanchez didn't throw 15 INTs in 4 games because he was just off those days.

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I have been tired of hearing this line since week 2. It has become a common refrain.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hey also forgot Matt Schaub who was 18-33 for 166 yards and 0 TD's against us. That same QB threw double that in just one game against the Colts and nearly 600 yards in 2 games against you guys.

I'm just curious which ones you think are good?

Garrard threw for 223 against you guys in Week 14
    Brady lit you up to the tune of 375 and 3 TD's

You do realize your knocking your own D by trying to prove whatever worthless point your trying to prove.

18. aaron

aaron New Member

i never said that it was a list of future hall of famers.

i was replying to the guy who implied that we lost 7 games because 7 quarterbacks stopped us, which just isn't true at all.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I mean it's stupid to think you can win without your QB winning the game for you, I mean our D and running game is shit and wouldn't be here unless it was for Sanchez leading us to victory....

I've been going through the threads on this board and all your posts are about your hard on for Manning, or in this case the QB position. Do all Colts fans have this type of tunnel vision?

20. BingoJetsFan

BingoJetsFan New Member

Not getting the respect makes the wins all the sweeter.