A Transformation Most Satisfying

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 20, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100119&content_id=7935928&oid=36122&vkey=12

2. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Great article.... i find it amazing the transformation of this team. Especially how last year season ended. I cant wait to see what the future holds for this team

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lets Hope Ryan transforms this team into a winning team, meaning consecutive post-season appearances, I mean when's the last time we had that? It's been a while, that alone will make him an Icon to this organization

GO REX!

4. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

With Ryan and staff's coaching combined with the front office's recent draft day success (minus Gholsten of course) we should be set for the next several years. I hope we can knock the Pats off the AFC East mountain that they've been living on for the last decade...

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

the biggest transformation of this team is how physical they are on defense. They just know how to tackle. I think the only missed tackle I can remember from Sunday is when Ellis missed a sack and he had a club hand. We haven't tackled like this on defense in years.

6. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

whos the black dude next to rex?

7. Coach K

Coach K New Member

DB Coach Dennis Thurman

8. the99

the99 New Member

How'd you recongnize him? :eek:hmy:

9. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

Former Patriots Tedy Bruschi was on ESPN radio this morning. He picked the Jets to win over Indy. He said that what the Jets are doing right now works and Rex not only knows what he's doing but has all the confidence in the world about the choices he makes. He said Indy doesn't stack up well enough against the Jets D. Not that every coach in the NFL isn't confident in what he does, but Rex Ryan has that confidence really affects the players on a whole new level.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dennis Thurman?

Anyway, it is really remarkable how Rex Ryan has changed the zeitgeist of the Jets. When he said the team would shake Obama's hand after winning the Super Bowl, really...who thought that was anything but bluster? The Jets were all set for a nose dive of epic proportions with the firing of Mangini and the whole Farve fiasco. Not to mention starting the year with a rookie quarterback and season ending injuries to Washington & Jenkins.

And he's done it with attitude & flair. He upfront with his players, the media and most endearingly, the fans. He understands what we've gone through with this team, and has pretty much abolished the SOJ mindset in less than a years time. Simply remarkable for a first time head coach.

Tell me he's not the coach of the year.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i just know most of our staff. we have a good amount of ex players coaching.

Dennis Thurman DB Coach (people might be looking to steal him from us if we keep producing such an elite pass defense. Revis also gave him credit for coaching him up even more since arriving this year)
    Doug Plank DB Asst
    Henry Ellard WR Coach

i think theres a few more but those are definitely the most noteworthy.

12. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Man this article and the one about Braylon both gave me the chills this morning... Damn I am pumped for sunday!!!!

13. SCOTTI627

SCOTTI627 New Member

the jets are finally showing some confidence... which is led by the coaching staff finally having confidence... its a breath of fresh air to finally see a coach behind the podium with some confidence in this team

14. aaron

aaron New Member

great read. thanks for the link. :)

15. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

What he has done with this team in one year is unbelievable. Add to the fact, as you point out with losing 2 of our best players, that he is a rookie HC. He has learned from his mistakes quickly and has done a hell of a job blending in the young guys and the vets to put together a fantastic product/show on the field. If I hadn't seen it with my own 2 eyes, I would not believe it.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

There was a different feeling to the end of that game. Maybe because we're a defense-based team now, but I felt there was no way San Diego was coming back in that game.

Looking at the broadcast again, the lighting and the stadium and all, it almost looked and felt like a Super Bowl. Maybe because it was played on a mid-January late afternoon in San Diego and the sun angles, etc, but if you used your imagination it almost looked like it to me.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Whenever the Jets go up 2 scores now, I just say "game over." So far it has been true, though that prevent crap Rex ran when SD scored there last TD was scary.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The good thing is Rex seemed to realize that. He's normally not a prevent guy, hopefully a lesson learned without having to lose a game to learn it.