Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. salex

salex New Member

It'll be a tough game but I think we can get it done
    JETS 20
    COLTS 17

2. INDY 39

INDY 39 New Member

Hey guys I don't want to put the jinx on our teams but who do you think either of our teams matches up against best from the NFC? I have to know who to pull for if the COLTS win.

If everyone's like me they watch I record all the shows NFL total access,Mike and Mike and ESPN First Take this week especially to listen to the talking heads. We all know their predicitons mean nothing but it's in fun. I se Drew Bennett the old Titans reciver is going JETS this weekend,he's still mad at INDY for not going for perfect season. I predict Rod Woodson on NFL network will go JETS also. It's kind of funny Woodson and Golic of Mike and Mike predicted COLTS wouldn't make playoffs this year. I see Skip Bayless is fawning all over the COLTS this week afterbeing way down on them early in the season.

Oh well this is the same crew that all predicted the CHARGERs were best team in NFL for the past few weeks. Anyone can be beat in one game. I also do not see the preoccupation with the media and your coach saying we should be favorites to win the Super Bowl and win this weekend.. What's he supposed to say that hey guys we're going to lose?

#382 INDY 39, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good call man. So true....

4. Vegas

Vegas New Member

Just did my weekly Jets vs Opponent game on Madden, and came up with 34-21 J-E-T-S, with two of our TD's coming from defensive plays (a pick, and a forced fumble on Peyton).

I'll go with that.

5. Angel

Angel Member

Colts 31
    Jets 16

6. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Colts 402 Jets 0

7. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I agree the Jets have a better D than Indy and Indy has a better O than the Jets.

You're onto something, but let's take it a little deeper. I think the key here is how big of a gap is there between the two? Let's say the Jets D gets a 10 out of 10. Where would you rank Indy's D? I would give it a 7 or 8.

Now let's give Indy's O a 10. Where would you rank the Jets O? I'm going to hurt some feelings here, but I would give it a 5 or 6.

I think that's the difference. The Colts are better prepared to play a grind it game or a shoot out. The Jets are geared strictly to a grind it out game. This should be a low scoring game, but how many times have we seen games end up the complete opposite of what everyone thought?

As far as who played the first time and who didn't.....Yes, whomever is out there has to play and the Jets won. No argument there. The reality of it is that it was the 2nd & 3rd stringers who were playing when the Jets scored all the points in the second half. And three defensive starters didn't even play. That's why I like the Colts chances in a close game. The D has come up big time after time this year.

To the Jets poster who said we shutdown the Ravens small offensive line...What Raven team are you talking about, Baltimore High School? All the Ravens fans talked about was how their massive O-line was going to ram it down the Colts throat and wear them out. It didn't happen. In the first game against the Ravens, they had three shots from the one, ran it straight ahead (as you say the Jets will do) and lost a yard. I haven't looked it up, but I would guess their line is comparable to the Jets.

The Colts two DT's aren't slouches. That's the biggest change in this years Colts versus past teams. Caldwell immediately got bigger at DT when he took over. That was priority number one for him. This was also what all Colt fans were clamoring for. I didn't have a problem with the cover 2, but always felt you could still play it as effectively if you were big inside. Caldwell also wanted to be a little more aggressive on D (something Jet fans can appreciate), so he fired Meeks and brought in Coyer. The D now plays tight corners most of the time and blitzes about 25% of the time.

8. jerseydan

jerseydan New Member

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I think TheDon has this one nailed........:beer:

10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Agree with most of this, but Ravens oline <> Jets oline. Not even close. Ravens also abandoned the running game too early. Jets will not do that. Agree that if it becomes a shootout, advantage swings to Colts, but Ryan is W-A-Y to smart to allow that to happen. That brings us back to a grind it out game, advantage Jets. I don't doubt that Indy is prepared for a grind it out game too, I just think it plays to our game more and we will be just a little better at it. Our running game is better, our D is better (not that yours is bad....but the Chargers D ranked above yours in every category), and our secondary is good enough to slow your offense enough to keep the score from getting out of hand.

Any way you look at it, this is going to be a close, tough, game unless the Jets let the Colts get up by 2 scores or more. If that happens, we are in big trouble because that is not our game. That never happened in SanDiego, we'll see what happens in Indy.....That's why they play the games.

11. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Jets D

The Jets D/special teams will have to score at least 14pts for the Jets to have any chance. If they can get a runback like they did in the first meeting and an INT for a TD then they have a chance, because I don't see their O putting up more then 10-13 pts total on their own and that won't be enough.

12. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Your are correct, our WR corp is not really that good, your Jets have this all wrapped up, Peyton and company isn't that good...

13. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Overall

I would say on the Offensive side of the ball it's not even close. On the Defensive side I would say the Jets are better, but not tons better. In the area of ST I would say it is about even and when it comes to coaching, hands down to the Colts. Add in home field advantage, experience of playing in the big game and again Advanatage Colts.

I don't think it will be a blowout, I see the Colts winning like:

21-13

Your hope lies in your D actually putting points on teh board, if not, you will struggle. Take the first meeting, you scored 29 points. 14 came on a kickoff runback and a fumble recovery against our B team in teh end zone, so your O put up 15pts, not enough to have won the game had our A team played the entire game.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

15. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

What's to say Manning doesn't fumble the ball as opposed to Painter. We got to Rivers last week and he fumbled ...

16. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Okay

Does that help? Glad I could be of assistance...

17. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

You HAVE to be kidding Indy4192......I guess the sum of 4192 must be your IQ....16...

Better OL and DL ?? Not likely..... LB ?? You have to be kiddin... Coach??? Well, he's not a rookie I'll give you that.....

:rolleyes: C'mon Sunday.............

#397 Andy_M, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Are you out of your Vulcan mind?

In what universe is the Colts O-Line better than the Jets? The number one rushing attack in the NFL? What is it three pro bowlers? One of if not the best centers in the league? I should just stop here.

WR I will give you. DL is a draw, I think. The Jets defensive line is built to hold its gaps for the most part. It is not speed rushers like Mathis and Freeney.

LB Colts? Again, what are you smoking? David Harris? Bart Scott? Calvin Pace? Did you see the hit Bryan Thomas put on that Charger full back last week? Wow. I didn't expect this amount of idiocy.

Plus, the defenses you can't really dissect like the offense. The Jets use safeties and corners to blitz more often than their D-lineman, and their OLB cover in zone. The Jets defense is overall very much better than the Colts... if you care to argue that with any sort of numbers, be my guest.

Coaching? I think motivation factor has to go to the Jets, though if either team needs motivation they're going to lose anyway.

19. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Lets review...

Given the complexity of the Colts offense, and the amount of time they have played together and the numbers they have posted, yes your O line creates holes, but as a unit the Colts O line is better.

Your Linebackers are good, but the Colts are quicker and hit just as hard and have a bigger role in the overall performance. Your LB are what they are because of your DB/CB.

As for Coaching, come on your Coach gave up on you, he had no clue the situation his team was in. Your coach is very enthusiastic, but that isn't enough. He "coached" your team to 7 wins, our coach got us to 14 wins and a healthy team going into the playoffs.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member