Have to stick to the same gameplan that we used against SD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Killeri9590, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Maybe change the formations a little bit here and there but for the most part the Colts mirror the Chargers. Almost no run game..good o-line, elite QB, great wide receivers.

They rely on their passing game which plays to our strengths. If the game plays out like SD we have a very good chance to go to the SuperBowl

:jets::jets::jets::jets:

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge

3. 624

624 Banned

I'm pretty sure the Giants have a 0% of making the Super Bowl, but I agree on the points about the Jets.

4. OrganizedKonfusion

OrganizedKonfusion New Member

D and the run game = our bread and butter.

5. aaron

aaron New Member

yep. keep pounding the ball. let the defense keep us in the game and capitalize on their mistakes.

6. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Not a G'nats fan...:manning:

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

at least not until next year

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Indy's 24th ranked rush D. That bodes very well for us.... If we can run the ball we definitely have a shot in this game. We match up very well against Indy.

9. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Agreed

The Colts are the Chargers with an even better QB

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm all for it as long as we do not use that horrid zone we ran against San Diego in the first half.

I'm also hoping for a lot more runs to the inside than outside early. That option pitch with B. Smith should not come out in the first half. The Colts defenders are too fast to try and pull that shit off until we can get them to commit to stopping the inside runs.

Aside from that, give them everything they've seen. The cannot stop it.

11. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I think that it's not being mentioned because they really stopped the Ravens rushing attack. That being said, Baltimore did leave their gameplan too quickly, and we have a better attack. I don't think it will be easy running on them though. They will sell out against the run, and be more successful than the chargers.

12. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Which is why I think we should try some play action passes to start off..heck have brad smith pass it out of the wildcat even..catch them off guard

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I guess you're back huh? The bandwagon's always got more room I guess.

14. bobzilla

bobzilla New Member

That would be your best bet... Ravens only completed 4 passes when they destroyed New England... We just stacked the box and made Flacco beat us... Im sure thats our new game plan...

15. Ohio Jet

Ohio Jet New Member

I thought the play calling was not very good. The Chargers were practically putting 11 in the box at times and we didn't take advantage.

Hope to see some play actions on first and second downs. I don't think we can afford a first quarter with no first downs this week.

Rivers throws a good ball but his patience weared thin as we shut them down. Payton will wait out the opportunities much better than Rivers did.

I still believe we will hold the Colts to 20 points defensively. We just have to not give them ST or defensive points and score over 20 points ourselves.

We need a solid day from 6. He won't have to throw more than 25 times but he needs to hit on 60% of them. I hope we do a better job of calling those 25 passing plays this week than last.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Chargers stacked the box too. The Chargers' (statistically) run D is similar to Indy's. I see no reason why we won't be able to run on them if we stick to the plan. Things change if we get down two or more scores, which obviously means the defense needs to do it's part.

17. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

You have to pound Greene right from the get go instead of using TJ and trying to get cute with Bradcat. Indy is going to destroy this team if it doesn't get a 1st down in the first 4 possessions. Peyton Manning is no Rivers.

18. salex

salex New Member

We have to stick with the run game and try to force mistakes on defense

19. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

They need to make some adjustments clearly, to not be predictable. But overall, yes.

I liked how they moved revis and did alot of rotation of coverage as well as going zone then switching to man to man.

Peyton manning is great at recognizing coverage and causing confusion but if they are on the offensive and playing proactive defense instead of trying to be "reactive" to peyton's audibles. you make him guess more and take more time to make his reads and he will make a mistake eventually. he may dink and dunk but if you can get him to make a mistake that's ultimately what means something.

They need to find a blocking scheme to run on the colts because the colts can play run D by lining up mathis and freeney in different spots. They know how to use their speed to their advantage. The blocking scheme and gameplan has to be able to counter it and open up gaps with size and strength.

we win the turnover battle and the battle at the line of scrimmage (including their receivers/our DB's), we win the game. period

20. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

The Jets need to do everything that they did against the Chargers, except do it better.

Get the running game going sooner.

Strickland, Sheppard, and Lowery don't have to cover any receivers as good as Jackson this week with Revis matched up on Wayne all game, but they need to have big games against Garcon and Collie.

The Colts have a better pass blocking line than the Chargers, so the pass rush is going to have to be better.

If they can do those things, and avoid turnovers, they will win. They need to have the best game they've had all season to beat the Colts, but they way they've been playing, there's no reason why this can't be their best game.